Batman Life Size Bust Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not overly surprising you know they try to move stock this time of year. Thats why a lot of said no orders till SDCC. I do feel for you guys though. I would defiantly try an call. A lot of place do give you a deal if it occurs within a certain time frame of your purchase usually like a week to 10 days.
Thats not half bad idea. Might as well give it a shot. Worst they can do is say no.
Forget that. Too much like work, and feels a little shady to me, although not as shady as the recent discussion in the Bat PF thread.
Yeah, I don't feel like reboxing and shipping mine either :lol

the $20 code CANNOT be combined with a free shipping offer - even if their checkout system lets you.

be careful, as they may decide to charge you shipping since you used the code.

Just got the blue bust today, and it is a beauty! Honestly, I'm not sure which one I prefer. They're equally epic! If anyone is on the fence about either bust, I say go for it. Can't go wrong with either.

The colours are superb on the blue bust, but the black one is still impressive. I need to find these guys a permanent spot.

The skin color tone on blue looks nicer and real somehow

Yeah, the blue bust's skin tone has more of a reddish hue to it. That's one department where I'd say the blue is slightly better.

thanks for the pic! I plan to have joker inbetween the two.

Nice! That would look awesome. I think I'll display the black bust with Supes whenever I get him, and the blue bust with the Joker.

First impressions:

1. The eye issue is not as egregious as photos would indicate. Perhaps the folks at SS should invest in a good portrait lens.

2. The paint apps are pretty great, but there is certainly not the level of subtlety in Batman that we see in the Joker bust. My bat symbol is a little sloppy, and I am debating a call to SS.

3. Sitting directly next to The Joker, Batman feels slightly smaller. I may ultimately display them on opposite sides of my desk to make the size disparity less obvious.

4. Batman's head is lacking depth. This is only apparent when looking at the bust's profile, but it bugs the hell out of me.

5. I prefer the monochromatic color of Batman's base over the tinting of Joker's.

Overall, I'm glad I got the blue.

Thats a great combo.

the $20 code CANNOT be combined with a free shipping offer - even if their checkout system lets you.

Thank you for the heads up. I just called and spoke with Sideshow on the phone. They said all is good and the $20 code works perfect with free shipping and double rewards. They looked at my order. Nothing to worry about. I will keep a close eye on my credit card statement just in case.

Well had to order Blue Bats. $20 off, free shipping and double rewards, can't pass on that. I'm just out of room, not sure what I'm going to do. Think I gotta start selling stuff.

Thank you for the heads up. I just called and spoke with Sideshow on the phone. They said all is good and the $20 code works perfect with free shipping and double rewards. They looked at my order. Nothing to worry about. I will keep a close eye on my credit card statement just in case.

what the hell? I called them about my joker bust and the csr told me I would have to pay for shipping if I used the code. Was it the comiccon code? I may have to get on the phone again.

Does anybody have experience with this promotion (free shipping + double rewards) and selecting Flexpay? Everything looked great in the checkout...all free shipping discounts applied, and it indicated I'd get double rewards. Now I see on the website that there's a clause where free shipping doesn't apply with flexpay (unless the product page says it's OK).

Too many clauses! I really don't want to get slapped with shipping charges on these beasts. Wouldn't have ordered them without the promo.

I used flexpay for joker and got free shipping, so I imagine the same holds true for batman. Better to call them to be on the safe side - and take the name of who you spoke with - as they seem to give differing answers...

Back