MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monger was out for dusting today so took a quick pic :)

HTIronMonger8-2120141EDIT_zpsf4912911.jpg

Can't see the pic there. Here's mine which hasn't been moved for at least half a year.
N e e d m o r e g o o d v i l l a i n s.

MongerampSkull.png

Great display Snake :)

Thanks Heubert :hi5: Had to relink it to get it to work since Photobucket was having a fit.

So, who's up for an Iron Monger variant? :panic:

Way late to the iron man party, but it seems like every listing I see mentions hip cracks on Monger. Can anyone give me a quick and dirty rundown on what the deal is? Tried searching through pages but just seems I get more confused...

Way late to the iron man party, but it seems like every listing I see mentions hip cracks on Monger. Can anyone give me a quick and dirty rundown on what the deal is? Tried searching through pages but just seems I get more confused...
There is a small crack on the legs near the hips. It doesn't effect the figure at all. It wasn't even noticed until WAY after release.

A lot of owners have found the crack on the hip ball joint area . My iron monger has it but it's very , very small and does not seem to be a serious thing to be concerned about . My guess is there's a lot of mongers with this problem . If your looking to buy from a seller who is coming out telling you about it , you can rest assured that it's going to be fine . The crack only seems to be on the outer part of the hip and not all the way through . Good luck ! He's a holy grail collectible .

A lot of owners have found the crack on the hip ball joint area . My iron monger has it but it's very , very small and does not seem to be a serious thing to be concerned about . My guess is there's a lot of mongers with this problem . If your looking to buy from a seller who is coming out telling you about it , you can rest assured that it's going to be fine . The crack only seems to be on the outer part of the hip and not all the way through . Good luck ! He's a holy grail collectible .

:goodpost:

Yep.. the cracks are not obvious unless you know where to look, which is why the Collector community took a while to realise there was an issue at all..it appears that a very large number of the Iron Monger figures have them, so it seems probable it is the result of a flaw in the method of assembly, that was not noticed on Hot Toys' production line.

Most collectors feel it does not detract from the sheer awesomeness of the Iron Monger figure, since you generally need to have the cracks pointed out, before you notice them.

Yup, me too.

This is from a guys Facebook page, he does repairs and restorations on figures.

I was wondering after looking at that photo, if that leg had actually been broken.. or deliberately removed.

Just picked up this Ba* A** Figure(excuse my language) for $300:yess: it does have the cracks on the thighs joints, but I don't mind. Was undecided for this or the DX09 , but couldn't pass this deal . Dx09 could still wait , and can't wait for Whiplash MK II and the diecast Iron man would look sweet next to this massive piece of art. And I know I'm super late but better late then never :) ....BTW I just had to watch Iron Man Movie Again, My fav Part lol .:wave
IMG_20140902_231026_zpsncaqwuan.jpg20140902_204753_zpsr8ws8rd0.jpg20140902_204913_zpss7qdxbk6.jpg20140902_235306_zpswk2y51ml.jpg20140902_235559_zpss4tgq5cv.jpg

Congrats, Batman232! I got mine for the same price, and I can't be any happier. IMO you made the right choice, besides ever you find it difficult to find a DX09 for a good price you can go with HT's incoming Batman Returns version. I doubt Iron Monger would have another release, at least not soon enough. I also think that price on this behemoth might go back up once the die-cast Mark III comes out.

Congrats, Batman232! I got mine for the same price, and I can't be any happier. IMO you made the right choice, besides ever you find it difficult to find a DX09 for a good price you can go with HT's incoming Batman Returns version. I doubt Iron Monger would have another release, at least not soon enough. I also think that price on this behemoth might go back up once the die-cast Mark III comes out.

Yeah I hope the Returns comes out soon...But congrats to you aswell :hi5: . I really doubt it aswell about releasing it again.

$300 is a steal for that piece. Congrats on your grab! He's been on my want list for awhile but haven't found a deal as good as that.

$300 is a steal for that piece. Congrats on your grab! He's been on my want list for awhile but haven't found a deal as good as that.

Craigslist is your friend lol , that's where I found mine's. The guy wanted $470 which is still a good price, but in the end he let me buy it for the $300. The deals are out there.

Back