(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

I'll believe when I see pictures :lol

But its no joke, some people here have serious money to burn. They buy $250 figures like I used to buy $50 figures.

I'm pretty sure some of them have serious debt or some are kids with rich parents that buy them anything they want as well.

There's a kid that collects the X-Plus Godzilla figures like me and he's going to college, never worked a day in his life, yet he can afford to buy a $500 Godzilla figure. Doesn't add up.

I will help you ! not really. * waves cawk and balls *

:thwak:

It was a lot easier to buy flavor of the month figures when they were $100 :lol

:thwak:

Gamera > Gamora

ljGvvS5.jpg

135951-34475-gamora.jpg

I guess we all have our type :panic:

I wonder how the newbs do it. I saw some guy is going to 35 of those styrofoam Iron Man 3 cases at $75 each. I'm a master money waster, but if I wasted money like that, I think I'd hang myself.

Many live at home. Many don't have much else to be responsible for.
Many have secure jobs and spouses with the same.

The reasons are endless.

All I know is I am not one of them.

Damn remember when Jedi Luke came out and we thought it was a little high for a 12" figure :cuckoo:

Many live at home. Many don't have much else to be responsible for.
Many have secure jobs and spouses with the same.

The reasons are endless.

All I know is I am not one of them.

Damn remember when Jedi Luke came out and we thought it was a little high for a 12" figure :cuckoo:

I do. I saved up my money and drove out to the comic shop up in Kenosha, WI to pick one up. When I opened him, I was amazed at the detail. Those were nice times.

An elegant time... for a more civilized age.

Wow, that sold out fast. I debated ordering it earlier. No idea why I didn't. No NRD...

That's exactly what I was thinking. I remember when the SW exclusives sold out in 5 minutes. It was crazy getting one! But they were also affordable back then...

Yeah, if there is an exclusive I still pre-order like it might sell out... so I guess in this case I lucked out.

Exclusive Pre-order at Ami Con. Not to pick up.

Ah, gotcha... so it's really a limited exclusive as opposed to the "exclusives" that Sideshow will have availble to pre-order for 6 months or so.

My current method of collecting is if I haven't spent at least 20 years wanting it, I really don't need it. Had I had that method when I starting 1/6 collecting I would have saved a **** ton of money. I bought a lot of flavor of the month dolls and have sold off 90%.

I'm trying to follow that now as well... and like you I purged a ton of figures over the last few years because I just bought anything I thought was cool. But lack of space and not wanting to spend $200 on the flavor the month is really working out.

Those Guardian figures look pretty sweet... but even if I really like the movie (which I suspect I will) I have no emotional connection to them that would make me want to drop $$$ on them.

The last Mondo I got was their Toy Story poster, when was that? Seems like a few years ago.

I picked up the Mignola Bride of Frankenstein... it's pretty sweet, but honestly I don't think I like it enough to bother getting it framed and find a place to hang it. I think I just got caught up in the Mignolaness of it :lol

An elegant time... for a more civilized age.

True Dat :lecture

I'm not sure what the last Mondo one was I got. Maybe the first Captain America. I've got it and it's framed but since then I've struck out on a few and just quit trying in general.

Angie just said that the Marty McFly figure should've come with a clear "disappearing" hand. haha, that would be a good accessory along with a tiny pic of his family that he carried around.

Angie just said that the Marty McFly figure should've come with a clear "disappearing" hand. haha, that would be a good accessory along with a tiny pic of his family that he carried around.

Your wife is a genius. Anyone we know have casting experience to make some out of resin? Only problem would be then you would need the dance suit for accuracy.

Then he'd need the Enchantment Under the Sea outfit. Another exclusive? :panic:

Those IM3 cases are point less with the logo on them. I haven't checked to see if they could be removed lol.

Im seeing GOTG sunday. As cool as im sure it is, I didnt even know who they were when i seen the teaser last year. No connection, no buy!

Then he'd need the Enchantment Under the Sea outfit. Another exclusive? :panic:

Yep... but still if they did make that figure, it would be a brilliant accessory. Be sure to rep your wife for us :lecture

I'm curious how far they will go with BTTF. Seems like Doc is in the works, but will they do other movies or just stick with the original. I'm only planning on the OG Doc and Marty. I'd love the DeLorean, but it's just not possible to cram it into my collection and I don't want it enough to push out a different large item like Jabba or the Dewback.

:lol

$45 :horror ....:panic:....:lol

Those Guardian figures look pretty sweet... but even if I really like the movie (which I suspect I will) I have no emotional connection to them that would make me want to drop $$$ on them.

That's the key :lecture

Sorry Ben. I was trying for you as well. I apologize for failing ...

No problem, JJJ. I don't know how anybody got through with how the site was acting. I was right there right when it went up too. Pretty crazy.

Thing is when the singles went up I was there waiting. They had not put up the Stout and tweeted it... So the site crashed.

If they had done it in reverse I would have scored it for you :(

Are they announcing times now or is still random?

Back