(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Lately, they haven't really made much that interests me. I think I've only purchased 2 poster from them this year and this will be the third if I can get it. The last one I got was Little Shop of Horrors and that was way easy, but I'm sure this will be brutal.

A lot of them can be found at retail after the fact now right? I'm out of the loop, do the newer posters fetch the coin the older ones do?

Don't do it Ben! Are you really gonna want the figures a couple years from now when they fresh smell from the movie is gone? Nope. Save your money.

I have a figure of Milla Jovovich from the Resident Evil movies. My stupidity with my money is boundless. :lol

A lot of them can be found at retail after the fact now right? I'm out of the loop, do the newer posters fetch the coin the older ones do?

Yeah, a lot of the hype has died down with the recent releases. They still sell out, but the aftermarket price is relatively low. There are a few exceptions like the There Will Be Blood poster by Aaron Horkey, but otherwise, the hype is down. Now if the same thing could happen with the 1/6 figure community, I'd be very happy.

I have a figure of Milla Jovovich from the Resident Evil movies. My stupidity with my money is boundless. :lol
:lol :lol :lol

By all means then, get those GotG figures! STAT!
Yeah, a lot of the hype has died down with the recent releases. They still sell out, but the aftermarket price is relatively low. There are a few exceptions like the There Will Be Blood poster by Aaron Horkey, but otherwise, the hype is down. Now if the same thing could happen with the 1/6 figure community, I'd be very happy.

I'm surprised it hasn't yet. It seems to just keep climbing, eventually the bubble has got to burst.

The last Mondo I got was their Toy Story poster, when was that? Seems like a few years ago.

:lol :lol :lol

By all means then, get those GotG figures! STAT!

I'm surprised it hasn't yet. It seems to just keep climbing, eventually the bubble has got to burst.

I want the Lego sets too! :lol

It will be a glorious day when it does. Then there will be a mass exodus of SSF members of epic Spawn.com board proportions and Darklord Dave will have to pay us to stay. :lol

The last Mondo I got was their Toy Story poster, when was that? Seems like a few years ago.

I think that was a couple years ago. That reminds me, I wish I could've gotten the Incredibles one. Oh well.

My current method of collecting is if I haven't spent at least 20 years wanting it, I really don't need it. Had I had that method when I starting 1/6 collecting I would have saved a **** ton of money. I bought a lot of flavor of the month dolls and have sold off 90%.

Agreed. I have a lot of pieces like that.

Most are gone.

The rest... soon will be too.

Hence my discussion that there will be few non-Star Wars pieces I purchase.

The only exception will be Batman Family Related but PF only.
I need a Hulk PF for my Avengers display.
And my X-Men PF could use some members.

But these are few and far between really. And I am picky ...

I don't have that kind of time anymore :lol

I remember F5ing for HOURS! HOURS :duh

Oh you will help me ! *waves hand*

There are a good number that sell for good money ! Flipping is harder than it used to be. Many don't get a lot of money as they used to. But if you can wait a few months, they sell.

I think that was a couple years ago. That reminds me, I wish I could've gotten the Incredibles one. Oh well.

This one saddens me the most. It is the only Disney one I wanted ... and I could not get a hand to get one for the life of me :(

Gonna aim for an initial maximum of 50 blus! :panic:

That's crazy talk!

Good luck with that. You know you have more than 50 favorite movies. Maybe you could do 100... Plus that would be tough for me. 500 maybe...

500's not enough :panic:

I hope the movie doesn't make me want to buy Hot Toys, but I'm pretty sure it will.

It will :lol

About 3 years ago.

Not for me. I love the pieces... and would not mind the figures if I had that kind of disposable income as I think Gamora looks amazing... I can actually see a shelf with Gamora and Nebula being hot ! If Star Lord were cheaper he in the middle.

But to be honest I didn't feel compelled to want collectibles of it in my collection. To the contrary it made me want to read some of the Bendis runs on the books.

Don't do it Ben! Are you really gonna want the figures a couple years from now when they fresh smell from the movie is gone? Nope. Save your money.

My current method of collecting is if I haven't spent at least 20 years wanting it, I really don't need it. Had I had that method when I starting 1/6 collecting I would have saved a **** ton of money. I bought a lot of flavor of the month dolls and have sold off 90%.

This is where I want my collection to be.

To Nobi Pants you listen!

Oh you will help me ! *waves hand*

I will help you ! not really. * waves cawk and balls *

Not for me. I love the pieces... and would not mind the figures if I had that kind of disposable income as I think Gamora looks amazing... I can actually see a shelf with Gamora and Nebula being hot ! If Star Lord were cheaper he in the middle.

But to be honest I didn't feel compelled to want collectibles of it in my collection. To the contrary it made me want to read some of the Bendis runs on the books.

It was a lot easier to buy flavor of the month figures when they were $100 :lol

It was a lot easier to buy flavor of the month figures when they were $100 :lol

I wonder how the newbs do it. I saw some guy is going to 35 of those styrofoam Iron Man 3 cases at $75 each. I'm a master money waster, but if I wasted money like that, I think I'd hang myself.

I wonder how the newbs do it. I saw some guy is going to 35 of those styrofoam Iron Man 3 cases at $75 each. I'm a master money waster, but if I wasted money like that, I think I'd hang myself.

I'll believe when I see pictures :lol

But its no joke, some people here have serious money to burn. They buy $250 figures like I used to buy $50 figures.

Just check out the listings in Commerce. They do it by reselling last week's figure for this week's. I noticed one guy was trying to trade for GA Cap, then selling GA Cap, and is now trying to get it again. All within a week. :dunno

Back