(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

That's craziness! Through the local PD Facebook page and the local patch site we get reports every once in a while about little stuff in our neighborhood but nothing like that. Almost 5 years ago while we were waiting to close on this house, we had to kids get shot in the head about 300 feet from our backdoor as some part of a gang slaying. We never heard gunshots, it was scary. Also there were a ton of break-ins in our townhouse community. My wife was terrified to be home alone.

Thankfully shootings don't happen often around here. Maybe a crazy person shooting into the air but shootings toward people or LEOs is quite rare.

Where do you guys live? Geeze anyone breaks in around here and they get introduced to a shotgun, ARs and numerous handguns. Things like that just dont happen in the backwash of Kentucky lol.

That's very similar to here. We have 4 guns between the two of us and I know that houses all around here are loaded with firearms. It's only a matter of time before someone breaks in and does get introduced to a shotgun or multiple rounds of .45.

The original Superman score.... that's what I wanted in it.

Yea that wasn't gonna happen...

As iconic as that score is, it wouldn't have fit in with the tone of MoS. The Reeve movies were much more lighthearted than MoS. MoS was more a "grown up" movie for Superman fans.

Thankfully shootings don't happen often around here. Maybe a crazy person shooting into the air but shootings toward people or LEOs is quite rare.

Where I live now drugs are the issue, not guns. Back then we were living on the border of a very seedy town where gang crime is very common. Things were quit when we first moved there but as time when on it got worse and worse.

*crickets*

I know, right? chirp chirp

I'm watching Big Brother, and I've been kinda down all evening after I realized that I was missing out on the freaks after-SDCC Sunday night get together. :(

Well get to it. I want answers mister! :thwak:
LOL! I have a zillion things I'd rather watch, than MoS again... I will watch it again right before Batman vs. Supes comes out.

Leeann had some nice friends 
Who is Leeann, and which one in the photo is she?

Superman is my favorite Superhero of all time! MOS was great but my biased opinion even says Caps 2 and XMEN was better. DC is just getting the ball rolling on there movies. MOS will be much like Caps 1 and Thor 1 which IMO are mediocre compared to their sequel.

With that said I just left the movies. Seen Hercules. Im super disappointed in it. Not bc of the movie itself but bc of the trailer. I went in expecting a certian movie and did not get it.

No more trailers for this guy!
I don't plan on seeing that one. I like the Rock, but for some reason I'm not excited about it... I'm sure I'll see it eventually...
As for Cap 2 and Xmen DoFP, both are fantastic. I put them slightly above The Avengers, I think... I enjoyed Cap 1 as well. It was a good origin story...

Actually about 6 months ago, our neighbor 3 doors down had just that happen. A guy knocked in the evening, after no one answered, he forced entry. The homeowners were in the backyard and he held the guy at gunpoint until the cops got there. Damn lucky he didn't get shot.
Are you sure you live in "The Last Best Place"???

The original Superman score.... that's what I wanted in it.
I missed it, too. That's one big bonus for Superman Returns. Same credits, too...

As iconic as that score is, it wouldn't have fit in with the tone of MoS. The Reeve movies were much more lighthearted than MoS. MoS was more a "grown up" movie for Superman fans.
I agree. But I think I prefer light-hearted for Supes...

Where I live now drugs are the issue, not guns. Back then we were living on the border of a very seedy town where gang crime is very common. Things were quit when we first moved there but as time when on it got worse and worse.
south park mr mackey drugs are bad.JPG

I liked mos
I just wished the 45 minutes of them smashing each other through buildings had been cut down and more of his childhood was shown

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm watching Big Brother, and I've been kinda down all evening after I realized that I was missing out on the freaks after-SDCC Sunday night get together. :(
I'm still depressed about missing SDCC period. :monkey2
I'm watching the premiere episode of Star Trek Voyager on Netflix. Haven't seen it since it initially aired all those years ago. I was in the mood for something nostalgic before going to bed...

Not trying to rub salt in the wounds of those wishing to be here. Another one is in the books. :) Dad and I had a great time and Dad is pushing to come back next year and do it again.

What big panels did you see? Were there any panels you tried for, but failed? Obviously you saw the Hobbit panel, and probably spent most of Saturday in Hall H...

What big panels did you see? Were there any panels you tried for, but failed? Obviously you saw the Hobbit panel, and probably spent most of Saturday in Hall H...

Just the Hall H stuff as far as big panels. I did get into the Shadow of Mordor panel I wanted to see as well as the TORn panel. Other than that I didn't try for anything.

That is sooooo cool. :)

Thanks! I enjoy having him out here with me a lot.

You sound like me whenever I hear of any board meet ups.

It's sad but heroin use is really bad in my county amongst teens. There have already been a few deaths in my town because of it. It makes me fear for my kids.

I liked mos
I just wished the 45 minutes of them smashing each other through buildings had been cut down and more of his childhood was shown

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

That fight scene was waaaaaay too long.

I'm still depressed about missing SDCC period. :monkey2
I'm watching the premiere episode of Star Trek Voyager on Netflix. Haven't seen it since it initially aired all those years ago. I was in the mood for something nostalgic before going to bed...

I used to get depressed about missing it but after going to 1 day of the last 2 NYCCs, I don't know if I could take 4 days of that many crowds.

No hard feelings at all. I wasn't really missing the whole experience to be honest. But, when Sunday afternoon rolled around, I remembered the dinner and ice cream thing you guys always do. I never made a Freak party, but had a blast each time I got to hang with your group. Great people! So I was just a little bummed about that this evening.

It's so cool that your dad loves the show now, and that you get to share it together.

What are your initial thoughts Josh? Think you might try to return next year?

You know we'd love to have you at CVII though... :lecture

It's sad but heroin use is really bad in my county amongst teens. There have already been a few deaths in my town because of it. It makes me fear for my kids.

I used to get depressed about missing it but after going to 1 day of the last 2 NYCCs, I don't know if I could take 4 days of that many crowds.
Heroin? Oh man. That's not good at all... Marijuana is one thing, but heroin and crack and cocaine are not good to see teens using...

With 4.5 days of SDCC, it's still never enough time to do or see everything. SDCC could be a full week, then maybe I'd get through everything I want to see. One day is NOT enough for me. Wizard World only needs a day. C2E2 could be done in a day, although I enjoyed going all 3 days this year... But SDCC, and probably NYCC, needs multiple days. Celebration could be 10 days long, and it still wouldn't be long enough!

My friend suggested trying for SDCC next year. So we might be doing it, if we can get tickets... He thinks that the Star Wars presence will be bigger with the new movie coming. And since it is 3 months after Celebration, there may be more to show us. He may be right...

I miss SDCC haven't been able to buy tickets for 3 years now.

For more Star Wars, I'll just go see the movie. Two hours and $12, sounds way better to me than six days and thousands of dollars hassling with the SDCC croud.

Then, voila! Instant savings for the eFX Yoda! :lecture

Back