(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

My Mouse Guard page. It came with overlays for rain in each of the panels, and those overlays are neatly and safely tucked into the back of the frame.

Ah, that's a beauty! I have quite a bit of original art. Mainly Spawn pages from the various artists.

I'm kidding. Maine is pretty diverse. We even have a black person.
Is his name Token?

Who would get her down?
:lol

Awesome! And bonus points or playing "Ice, Ice Baby." :lol
Thanks! I had to do something to attempt to rival Steve's Flashdance! Although I mispronounced his last name, cuz he spells it wrong. :monkey3

I miss the days when I could buy stuff I only 80% wanted.

giphy.gif
What is that from? It's B&W, poor quality, and the set looks cheap! But it's RDJ!

When Ken and I jump off a bridge together, you'll all be sorry.
Yeah, you tell 'em! Wait, what???

Or maybe we'll do a suicide pact. I'll shoot him and then change my mind. :lol
Ummmm....

ken wouldn't do that. He wouldn't have any more food to eat. :lecture
Kenbenobi :thwak UTtoyfan
Heaven is full of food! You can eat all you want, and not get fat!!!

If that's the case, I'll have what he's having. I would love to start each day anew without the baggage from the day before, especially lately.
I'd like to start my life anew, without the baggage from before. Even better, start over from age 17. I could fix a LOT if I could re-do some things then...
My life would be very different right now... Most likely better. I know what I did wrong... I can fix it!

I must be feeling better.... I just read all the posts since I last posted. Haven't done that in close to a month now. :lol
Sooo, you've skipped some pages??? Yeah, I still have 33 pages I didn't read from my siesta last week...

I read about a guy that had constant seizures, so a part of his brain was cut out to save his life, but his brain would basically reset every day, so to him it would be like time never passed since he'd forget the day before every single day. He had his surgery in his twenties and died in his eighties or nineties. In his mind, he was still a man in his twenties on the day before they cut out a part of his brain until the day he died. Don't mind me, what you said reminded me of that story.
That sucks. Kinda like "50 First Dates"

"In four months, I've seen one black person, and one gay person. And, they were the same person!"

I would so totally move there.
You'd leave M for a black guy? Well, I hear the men in Maine fall mainly on your cane!

Not to be Debbie Downer but on this note, I wanted to say I have an aunt that was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and has been on a rapid decline. I saw her recently and it broke my heart.

I don't mean to peddle, but if anyone is can and is willing to donate, it would be much appreciated.

https://act.alz.org/site/TR?team_id=215378&pg=team&fr_id=5304&et=RMiBab4MNbDCDFjL9_DmFA
Sorry to hear that JJJ. My grandma had it. She lived a long life, into her 90's, but the last 10 years wasn't life. She remembered nothing, and just kept saying "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah" over and over, to herself... It was so sad! :monkey2

i'm sorry i said you're a forgetful old man. :(
Why bother? He already forgot you said that... :monkey3

I just have to get through today and then I'm off for six days. Should be nice.
Enjoy! Do something fun! See some movies, hit on chicks, find a sasquatch, eat good food, drink good beer, and buy good toys! :hi5:

My grandfather is going through dementia right now. It's horrible to see him ask the same questions every time you see him and just have no idea where he is. I couldn't imagine living with that every day. :(
That sucks, too. Sorry Jay...

Ballz of fury! :panic:
That movie SUCKED! I saw a screening of it at SDCC, and after the movie the stars and director came out for a Q&A. We all wanted to leave. They said "hold on, we're here to talk about the movie with you!" We said, "no thanks, it sucked" and ran out the door...

I love in Part II when the cops find 1985 Jennifer in 2015 and bring her home. They tell her to "be careful in the future." I liked the double meanings of that phrase. :lol
I don't get it. What double meaning?

I had such a crush on BTTF 1 Jennifer.
I had a crush on both.

My credit card got hacked and they tried to charge up a bunch of stuff. Thankfully, they stopped it. Kind of sucks, though.
That sucks. I hope the CC company covers it all... They did for me when it happened years ago...

Ugh, I know all too well what that is like. :(
At least they stopped it. That's why I never use my debit card at all, since i don't want it being hacked. Credit cards are ok. :lol :lol
I agree 1000%!

the one i have is only 3g
Ummm, so doesn't that make your ipad kinda like a Smartphone, which you claim not to have??? There are apps for texting and making free calls!

yeah, i pay $30 a month for the 3g. but since i have no smart phone, it's sorta like i do. LMAO!
THIS! :lecture

i have 4 rewards cards with over $1000 in rewards now! Christmas is gonna be fun!! :rock

And yes, I pay off each card every month in case you were all gonna chastise me (fury) :lol
I'll chastise you for other reasons...

https://www.thesimpledollar.com/best-rewards-credit-cards/

All 4 of the ones I use are on this list. It's so worth it too. :)
I prefer to find airline miles deals. Mine are better than those...

You mean debit right?
You are too much !
Man I wanted the Sapphire but damn the $95 annual fee kills it for me.

I may just go freedom.
I never pay annual fees. EVER.

I'm just getting my first iPad this year, I'm a little behind.
I'm still rockin' an HP touchpad!

I do have the Sapphire Preferred. I don't even notice the $95 each year. :lol
My one annual fee card will ALWAYS waive the fee each year, if you call and ask them to. You could easily do the same... I don't believe in annual fees. They make SOOOOO much money just from the fees they charge the retailer. They don't need any more money...

This book? I had no idea he did one. Too bad he doesn't do interior art anymore. I loved his style because it was unique. :(

alsv.jpg

Wow, never saw that before... I'll need to track it down.

Sup boys? I'm still alive, barely. No time to catch up, just sayin hello. We just signed the papers to close on our house Friday and I'm in frantic mode putting all our belongings in misc houses, storage units and trucks. See y'all in about a week...

Good luck :rock

And, here it is. Drawn at separate times, about a year apart. I just really wanted that cat added in!

0ddcb21b65c0f8522e1a67244dc90b41_zpsa92de138.jpg

That's really cool... nice that it's clearly his style.

My Mouse Guard page. It came with overlays for rain in each of the panels, and those overlays are neatly and safely tucked into the back of the frame.

Wow, really nice :rock

I just have two pages from childhood comics that I read... I really want a page from the original Droids as well, but for now just have Thundercats and Ewoks. My mother has 3 vintage SW ones, one of which done by Infantino... I'll get those when she kicks the bucket :lol

uu.jpg

oo.jpg

Here's me and Ben in 2011. Won a contest at C2E2 to go out to dinner with him and like 5 other artists.

IMG_0054.jpg

That's really spectacular. I never go for those type of things, because I'm not as gregarious and well versed as you are.

Ah, that's a beauty! I have quite a bit of original art. Mainly Spawn pages from the various artists.

Thanks. I love it, and proceeds went to CBLDF, so it was a win win. I've seen a lot of your Spawn! :lecture

Here are a few of my prized gems...

101_83331.jpg

Bing20Cansino20Spawn20Gunslinger202.jpg

Jay20Spawn20Godsllayer202020p202015.jpg

Hellspawn2pg11.jpg

SpawntheImpaler.jpg

GB, those pages are amazing! Why does your mom have SW pages?

I was always after a piece of G.I. Joe, not for any better reason than that's the book that brought me into the fold. But then I got the idea to buy a cover, and once I started pricing those out, I just gave up totally. They are astronomically expensive.

So KenBen what do you do ? Cancel your cards every year so you continue to get the card for free for one year?

That's really spectacular. I never go for those type of things, because I'm not as gregarious and well versed as you are.

Thanks. I love it, and proceeds went to CBLDF, so it was a win win. I've seen a lot of your Spawn! :lecture

*looks up gregarious...* Ah, yes... :D

So KenBen what do you do ? Cancel your cards every year so you continue to get the card for free for one year?

You can call credit card companies all the time and usually get them to lower your rate or waive fees... just say you are calling to cancel the card to switch to one with a lower interest rate or one without an annual fee... they will likely do it for you. They don't want you to cancel your card.

I'm canceling all of my cards!!!

i can't wait to call the first one in about two months. :D

Was your picture there Steve? :lol

Haha, no.

"fond of the company of others; sociable"

See, people like being around me... but I don't like them. :lol just kidding.

GB, those pages are amazing! Why does your mom have SW pages?

I was always after a piece of G.I. Joe, not for any better reason than that's the book that brought me into the fold. But then I got the idea to buy a cover, and once I started pricing those out, I just gave up totally. They are astronomically expensive.

Thanks, those comics were may favorites when I was a kid... and like you what brought me into that part of collecting. Those were comics that were right at my level as a 5 year old. I'd also love to find a page from Wally the Wizard... evidently I only read Star Comics back in the day :lol

And my mom is a huge SW fan. When I was a kid some magazine she subscribed to (Bantha Tracks or Starlog maybe) there was an order form for comic pages. It was mail order so she had to pick a bunch of pages she was interested in and they sent the ones that were still available... I have no idea what she missed out on, but the 3 she has are very cool. I'll see if I can find a photo.

I'm canceling all of my cards!!!

i can't wait to call the first one in about two months. :D

Be prepared to have them badger you to no end to not do it... they will transfer you to like 5 different people each explaining over and over why you should keep the card. I went to cancel my Discover card a few years ago cause I never use it, and hadn't used it for 7 years or so... and still ended up jumping through hoops with them telling me I should keep it yada yada yada. I got so tired of getting transferred I ended up just keeping it. :lol Haven't used it since either. I only use my Target Visa so I can pay it off in store. Have the Discover card and an American Express (for early concert ticket purchases which Angie will use from time to time but I never have).

Oh, I shall have a speedy cancellation. I don't cotton to being badgered! :lol

Sup boys? I'm still alive, barely. No time to catch up, just sayin hello. We just signed the papers to close on our house Friday and I'm in frantic mode putting all our belongings in misc houses, storage units and trucks. See y'all in about a week...
Good luck, Titus!!!
And this is why I didn't challenge him in the ALS thing... He won't even have time to breath for the next week...
Plus, he has to get his new house ready for all of us to come visit for Christmas this year...

I had Mignola draw me a cat, which I think of as Jones. He seemed a bit put out by the request, as it appears he can just doodle a very quick HB without even looking. I had him add it to an earlier sketch of an Alien. Same thing happened with the Alien. He was like, "I don't draw that." And I whipped out the issue, and said... "You drew this, right?" I'm such an *******.
Yes you are! :lecture

I like to think of the exclamation thought bubble as, "**** you, stupid fanboy!" :lol
I noticed the other guy also put an exclamation above the alien. He clearly knew what he was doing...

But as you can see, Darwyn Cooke ****ed up my book and I stopped right here...

He was apparently hung over, although my choice of character is challenging to most. He actually apologized. :rotfl

851d4b43b561feb6b59049e710ac71f7_zps1e2df76b.jpg
That's terrible!

Now that's a multi-quote.:lecture
And I'm still not fully caught up! You ****ers post a lot!

I just have two pages from childhood comics that I read... I really want a page from the original Droids as well, but for now just have Thundercats and Ewoks. My mother has 3 vintage SW ones, one of which done by Infantino... I'll get those when she kicks the bucket :lol

uu.jpg
LOVE that Ewoks one!!! Your Mom is into comic books, and Star Wars ones at that? That's awesome! Coolest mom EVER!!! :rock :rock2

Back