(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

I saw Sin City 2 yesterday, in 3D. I loved it! I knew I would. However, I still prefer the original. There were more separate stories interwoven. This one mainly had two stories, and they weren't interwoven as well. There were also a few slower periods in this one. But I still loved it overall. I love the style. The way they mix the graphic novel look with B&W live action, with certain things in color, looks beautiful to me. And the deaths/mutilations were all AWESOME!
They re-cast a few of the roles. Josh Brolin was playing Clive Owen's Dwight. Besides not having an accent anymore, he played the part well. Miho was also replaced (from Devon Aoki to Jamie Chung) but most people wouldn't notice, since all Asian people look alike. :lol Right, UT?

Are you sure the recast of Dwight wasn't due to it being a flashback before his face surgery? You know he had his face redone in the books to look different right? They mention that in the first one. I haven't seen SC2 yet but that's just a thought.

Are you sure the recast of Dwight wasn't due to it being a flashback before his face surgery? You know he had his face redone in the books to look different right? They mention that in the first one. I haven't seen SC2 yet but that's just a thought.

That was it. I heard Clive Owen was supposed to come back for the second part, but they weren't sure if he would be too busy or something, so they shot the scenes with Josh Brolin with makeup and a wig, and they thought he did a great job, so they just went with that performance.

Tomorrow is the big day, we close on the house and move in! I probably won't be around much for the next few days so if anyone needs me just shoot me a text.

Tomorrow is the big day, we close on the house and move in! I probably won't be around much for the next few days so if anyone needs me just shoot me a text.

Hope everything is smooth sailing for you from here on out.

Good thinking, but he actually has his face re-done in this film. He starts off looking one way for most of the film, then got his a$$ kicked badly and had to get face reconstruction. Then he looked different, but his eyes still looked the same... It would have been better if he had started as one actor, then changed to the other actor, but they were both Josh Brolin.

Congrats, Titus! I hope it goes smoothly from here on out... How long were you in your old house?

Wow ! I guess all African Americans look alike as well.

No one mentioned Dennis Haybert taking on Manute instead of Michael Clarke Duncan (R.I.P. big guy).

Manute...jpg
Dennis_is_manute.jpg

You whitey crackers....all racists! :mad:

JJJ and I are offended. :lol :lol :lol

Bah, that doesn't work since he mentioned Dennis Haysbert. well ****. :lol

Wow ! I guess all African Americans look alike as well.

No one mentioned Dennis Haybert taking on Manute instead of Michael Clarke Duncan (R.I.P. big guy).

Manute...jpg
Dennis_is_manute.jpg
Manute was in the first film? In which segment? I don't remember him... I guess that segment was a prequel, since it shows his eye getting ****ed up... Did Marv die in the first film? I'm trying to remember...

Brittany Murphy also did not return for this film, for some strange reason. :monkey3

Manute was in the first film? In which segment? I don't remember him... I guess that segment was a prequel, since it shows his eye getting ****ed up... Did Marv die in the first film? I'm trying to remember...

Brittany Murphy also did not return for this film, for some strange reason. :monkey3

Manute was in The Big Fat Kill. The one with Clive Owen as Dwight. That takes place after A Dame to Kill For. Marv got the electric chair in the first Sin City movie. His appearances in Sin City 2 take place before then.

Manute was in The Big Fat Kill. The one with Clive Owen as Dwight. That takes place after A Dame to Kill For. Marv got the electric chair in the first Sin City movie. His appearances in Sin City 2 take place before then.
Ah, that's right! But the Nancy segments in "A Dame to Kill For" take place AFTER the first film. So some parts are prequel, and some parts are sequel... That also explains the brief moment Jaime King appears as twins, since Goldie was killed in the first film... They should have brought Carla Gugino back again (and nude again)!!!

The sad thing is I watched Sin City (the original) on FRIDAY, and couldn't remember Manute or Dwight dying... Man, my memory sucks sometimes! Either that, or I dozed off during the Manute part. I might have...

Back