(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

:lol :lol It totally would make the news if the contents of the package were ever found out :lol

And wow, I'm annoyed when people knock on the door but I'm not hiding in the closet with a gun... but maybe I should be :huh

She's not a fan of being home alone as she grew up in the city so I taught her to shoot along with some other things.

Remember kids
Be nice to your letter carrier
Lol

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I might actually have the correct green saber...

EDIT: NOPE! No such luck. But being the cheap bastard that I am, I may just buy a repro saber and save the 50 bucks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-...2009?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item27dfed6699

I'd rather put the money toward completing my vintage collection. Then after I have all of the figures, then perhaps I'll track down the legit saber...
Repo ones rarely work right. A real one will actually pop up, repos get stuck and don't pop out as designed.

I liked man of steel better than the avengers.

I know I'm in the super minority but I felt it was a better movie.

Wow.

You must do nothing in order to never rep VASith again.

I'd take a case of beer instead of rep. My jolly
Green rancher is long enough. :rotfl

Seriously though I thought man of steel was more an adult super hero movie. They really illustrated how alone Clark felt. Going to watch it again tonight with Laura.

And I want a taxman custom figure. Have no idea how to paint or build a figure. Might have to resort to eBay.

I enjoyed it when I saw it in, but it's way more Green Lantern than Batman Begins. Not worthy of one of the very best superheroes ever.

But it's a masterpiece compared to the first Hulk movie!
Here's the tough comparison for me. Superman Returns. Brandon Routh was a better Superman. Superman Returns was a better sequel to the Christopher Reeve movies. Obviously this is a reboot, retelling the origin story. But I prefer the Christopher Reeve version, and I even liked the Brandon Routh film better. Yes, that movie had some dumb plot points, like Superboy. But it was still enjoyable. I watched it before seeing MoS, and decided that I liked Superman Returns more than MoS. Some may disagree with me, but that's how I feel... I have higher hopes for Bats vs. Supes because Batman and Wonder Woman will hopefully save the film...

I didn't dislike MoS, but it didn't really leave a strong impression either.

I'm looking forward to the Batman/Superman team up, but am not expecting it to be mindblowing. DC seems a lot more hit and miss than Marvel... not that all Marvel is great. But Green Lantern was garbage, MoS was pretty good and while I enjoyed the Nolan films "Rises" was a disappointment :huh
I'll be fine with saying I really enjoyed it.

But sure if the score added to it by I really enjoyed it.

I forced my self to disconnect it from any of the previous movies. We are all creatures of nostalgia and hence will never be satisfied. I get that.

:lol :lol It totally would make the news if the contents of the package were ever found out :lol

And wow, I'm annoyed when people knock on the door but I'm not hiding in the closet with a gun... but maybe I should be :huh
I can't stand it when people bang on the door. I have a perfectly working doorbell right there, out in the open.

Remember kids
Be nice to your letter carrier
Lol
You better be careful when delivering packages! I hope you're wearing a bullet proof vest...

Repo ones rarely work right. A real one will actually pop up, repos get stuck and don't pop out as designed.
Way to burst my bubble. :mad: I don't even know if the mechanism works! Could be broken...

I liked man of steel better than the avengers.

I know I'm in the super minority but I felt it was a better movie.
:thud: Who are you, and what have you done with Eric? I thought Avengers was one of the best movies of the century!

Wow.

You must do nothing in order to never rep VASith again.
I'd rep you for the non-repping!

Here's a link to my flickr account if the deal under my name doesn't work.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/elessar_torn/with/14550255980
After looking at the pics, I'm starting to think you are a fan of Middle Earth. Just a silly thought that came across my mind...
You took "just a few" pictures, from every possible angle. :lol Is it wrong to want to have sex with the Tauriel statue? I think not...

I'd take a case of beer instead of rep. My jolly
Green rancher is long enough. :rotfl

Seriously though I thought man of steel was more an adult super hero movie. They really illustrated how alone Clark felt. Going to watch it again tonight with Laura.
I am at a loss for words. Truly. Not that I thought the movie was a steaming pile of poo. But it should have been so much better. However, to say it was better than The Avengers... That blows my mind. I thought The Avengers was a near perfect film. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'll try to forget you ever stated such blasphemy...

Think I'll watch it again tonight too.

Avengers was an ensemble film. Not an origin or solo movie. I don't think it is a fair comparison.

I enjoyed seeing the conflict within the hero. I think that is what made Smallville great in the beginning as well.

Man this would Make a great podcast. We do need should do that.

I'll be fine with saying I really enjoyed it.

But sure if the score added to it by I really enjoyed it.

I forced my self to disconnect it from any of the previous movies. We are all creatures of nostalgia and hence will never be satisfied. I get that.
I demand satisfaction!!!
Seriously though, I get what you're saying. But it is hard to forget the original. That doesn't mean I won't like the reboots or remakes. I liked Robocop, even though it was nothing like the original. I liked the Planet of the Apes movies (not the 2001 one), even though I love the originals. I liked Superman Returns, even though it was universally panned, and didn't even get a sequel. I didn't hate MoS, but it just fell short for me. I expected better. DC knows that all of the Marvel films can do no wrong these days. They're all awesome. So DC needs to step up their game with a franchise other than Batman! I don't think they've done that yet. Batman vs Supes definitely has potential.

Ouch. I opened a hornets nest. :horror

Maybe it wasn't a better movie, but I felt more emotion for Clark compared to anyone in the avengers. The avengers was a perfect popcorn summer movie. I feel like man of steel is a bit darker and more emotional.

Damn. Just lost all my cantina friends. :(

After looking at the pics, I'm starting to think you are a fan of Middle Earth. Just a silly thought that came across my mind...
You took "just a few" pictures, from every possible angle. :lol Is it wrong to want to have sex with the Tauriel statue? I think not...

I hear that's a pretty cool fictional world is pretty cool. I did try. I feel like so many people don't and it's something that helps me be different than everyone else. I don't blame ya. :lol

I loved The Avengers its my #1 comic movie but I would easily put MOS in my top 5-10

I demand satisfaction!!!
Seriously though, I get what you're saying. But it is hard to forget the original. That doesn't mean I won't like the reboots or remakes. I liked Robocop, even though it was nothing like the original. I liked the Planet of the Apes movies (not the 2001 one), even though I love the originals. I liked Superman Returns, even though it was universally panned, and didn't even get a sequel. I didn't hate MoS, but it just fell short for me. I expected better. DC knows that all of the Marvel films can do no wrong these days. They're all awesome. So DC needs to step up their game with a franchise other than Batman! I don't think they've done that yet. Batman vs Supes definitely has potential.
So. .. What was it missing? Keeping in mind it was an origin movie.

Ouch. I opened a hornets nest. :horror

Maybe it wasn't a better movie, but I felt more emotion for Clark compared to anyone in the avengers. The avengers was a perfect popcorn summer movie. I feel like man of steel is a bit darker and more emotional.

Damn. Just lost all my cantina friends. :(
I got you bro :1-1:

So. .. What was it missing? Keeping in mind it was an origin movie.
I'd have to watch it again to answer this better. I don't remember the movie specifics all that well. I haven't seen it since premiere weekend. I remember I didn't like the whole egg species plot. And I didn't like Henry Cavill as Superman. He just wasn't likeable to me. But I don't remember why....

I'd have to watch it again to answer this better. I don't remember the movie specifics all that well. I haven't seen it since premiere weekend. I remember I didn't like the whole egg species plot. And I didn't like Henry Cavill as Superman. He just wasn't likeable to me. But I don't remember why....
Well get to it. I want answers mister! :thwak:

Back