(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

I enjoyed it when I saw it in, but it's way more Green Lantern than Batman Begins. Not worthy of one of the very best superheroes ever.
But it's a masterpiece compared to the first Hulk movie!
Here's the tough comparison for me. Superman Returns. Brandon Routh was a better Superman. Superman Returns was a better sequel to the Christopher Reeve movies. Obviously this is a reboot, retelling the origin story. But I prefer the Christopher Reeve version, and I even liked the Brandon Routh film better. Yes, that movie had some dumb plot points, like Superboy. But it was still enjoyable. I watched it before seeing MoS, and decided that I liked Superman Returns more than MoS. Some may disagree with me, but that's how I feel... I have higher hopes for Bats vs. Supes because Batman and Wonder Woman will hopefully save the film...

Which R2-D2 is this? I thought the hole for the popup lightsaber was off to the side, and the sensorscope one basically replaced an entire blue panel. This hole is more in the front...
2014-07-27 11.35.52.jpg

About 30 minutes in. Clark just found out he's from another planet. Spoiler alert.

Pretty good so far.

I didn't dislike MoS, but it didn't really leave a strong impression either.

I'm looking forward to the Batman/Superman team up, but am not expecting it to be mindblowing. DC seems a lot more hit and miss than Marvel... not that all Marvel is great. But Green Lantern was garbage, MoS was pretty good and while I enjoyed the Nolan films "Rises" was a disappointment :huh

Nope. Your hole is in the right spot.

SG%20R2PopUp%20compare%20with%20figs.jpg
I had no idea I owned a final 17 loose figure. I know the sticker isn't the greatest but it could certainly be worse... Wonder how much a green saber would cost me. Is the green saber the same as the Jedi Luke one? If so, then I have it! Does the saber actually pop-up? Or does it just sit in there?

I had no idea I owned a final 17 loose figure. I know the sticker isn't the greatest but it could certainly be worse... Wonder how much a green saber would cost me. Is the green saber the same as the Jedi Luke one? If so, then I have it! Does the saber actually pop-up? Or does it just sit in there?

A vintage saber would run you about $45-$50 and no, it's not the same as the Luke Jedi one. If you do go after a vintage saber be very careful, the repro guys have gotten very good at replicating this.

A vintage saber would run you about $45-$50 and no, it's not the same as the Luke Jedi one. If you do go after a vintage saber be very careful, the repro guys have gotten very good at replicating this.
Well, I might actually have the correct green saber...

EDIT: NOPE! No such luck. But being the cheap bastard that I am, I may just buy a repro saber and save the 50 bucks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-...2009?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item27dfed6699

I'd rather put the money toward completing my vintage collection. Then after I have all of the figures, then perhaps I'll track down the legit saber...

Last edited:

So, a little backstory here: We live in a very quiet neighborhood and most people around here know that myself and my wife are gone most days. Yesterday, my wife happened to be home by herself. She's cleaning the house and there's a knock on the door. She stops cleaning and stays away from the front door. There's a knock again, this time she gets one of the nearby guns and goes back to the closet and patiently waits. The knocks stop and that's the end of it. I come home and come through the garage instead of the front door. She tells me this story and I never think to go check the front door. This morning I start doing some yardwork and notice a package at the front door from Titus. Long story short, my wife was waiting to shoot the postal guy as he dropped off my Freaks package. :lol

Titus, thank you so much for everything in the package. Everything is great, but the Superman book takes the cake, that's awesome! Again, thank you. :duff

Ken - going to Monterey, Laguna Seca, for the reveal of the fourth generation MX-5, also known as the Miata! :D

That, and to have a beer with Flosi!

So, a little backstory here: We live in a very quiet neighborhood and most people around here know that myself and my wife are gone most days. Yesterday, my wife happened to be home by herself. She's cleaning the house and there's a knock on the door. She stops cleaning and stays away from the front door. There's a knock again, this time she gets one of the nearby guns and goes back to the closet and patiently waits. The knocks stop and that's the end of it. I come home and come through the garage instead of the front door. She tells me this story and I never think to go check the front door. This morning I start doing some yardwork and notice a package at the front door from Titus. Long story short, my wife was waiting to shoot the postal guy as he dropped off my Freaks package. :lol

Titus, thank you so much for everything in the package. Everything is great, but the Superman book takes the cake, that's awesome! Again, thank you. :duff
I can picture the headlines:
"Postman shot while delivering toys from a galaxy far, far away!"
I kinda like the BSG activity book! Looks vintage...

Ken - going to Monterey, Laguna Seca, for the reveal of the fourth generation MX-5, also known as the Miata! :D

That, and to have a beer with Flosi!
The reveal of the new Miata? You seriously gonna get one right away? Drink a beer for me! It's beautiful in Monterey. Been to Pebble Beach a few times, which is nearby...

I can picture the headlines:
"Postman shot while delivering toys from a galaxy far, far away!"
I kinda like the BSG activity book! Looks vintage...

:lol :lol It totally would make the news if the contents of the package were ever found out :lol

And wow, I'm annoyed when people knock on the door but I'm not hiding in the closet with a gun... but maybe I should be :huh

Back