(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Oh fury, the LEGO store is opening in Vegas this weekend! You can watch them build an 8 foot R2-D2.

[h=3]Las Vegas LEGO Store Fashion Show Mall Grand Opening[/h] by Toys N Bricks » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:36 pm
The first LEGO Store in Nevada, United States will be having its grand opening celebration this weekend! The Las Vegas Fashion Show Mall LEGO Store will have the following promo giveaways during grand opening weekend in addition to the traditional master builds. This time, it will be an 8-foot tall R2-D2 Model.

If your planning a trip to Las Vegas this weekend, make sure to pop by (especially on Saturday for their LEGO Store set).

April 25-27 Great Hall, Fashion Show, Las Vegas, NV

The first 300 customer will receive the following:

• Friday 11am-7pm: Free Collectible Child Size LEGO T-Shirt with a $50 purchase!
  • Saturday 10am-6pm: Free Limited-Edition LEGO Store Set with a $75 purchase
  • Sunday 11am-5pm: Free Exclusive LEGO Minifigure Set with a $50 purchase!

Attention C2E2 Attendees

I have a fun little game/challenge for those of you interested. I've been hounding Bamboota to draw me an Artoo, because well, I'm building a little collection of original Artoo art, and because she's wicked talented. So, if you would be so inclined...

I know you are all going to visit her table in artist alley. For those of you unaware, this is her first professional appearance at a convention, and she's been working diligently toward having a successful showing.

For each of you that visits Bam at her table, and mentions to her, "fury would like an original Artoo." I will donate $10 to this Pug rescue in Bam's name (https://pugrescueofflorida.org) (or another Pug rescue of her choice). It would be nice to have a quick video of each of you asking her, but a simple photo of you and her will suffice. No. Let's make it more interesting. I'll donate $20 for a video of you mentioning the above line, or $10 for a simple photo. I chose the Pug rescue of Florida, because I think she still lives in Tampa. But she may have moved to New York.

Got that?

So rules:

1. Visit Bamboota at her table in artist alley at C2E2, and say "fury would like an original Artoo."

2. Video tape that interaction for a $20 donation, or take a simple photo for a $10 donation.

3. PM me here, text me if you have my number, or send me some type of notification that the deed is done.

4. I don't know how many of you are going, but lets cap the possible total donation at $150.

5. Be crazy, and have fun! :D

Edit for Ben's friend: $50 donation for Boba's friend in a video saying the line to Bam. Serious. :lecture

What about if I text Bam the request on the weekend?

What if I send Bam naked pictures of myself in my Artoo beanie?

My earliest memories of "blind bag" toys was in an import/anime toyshop in Manhattan. I don't know exactly where they were from, aside from Satan, originally.

Ahhh yes. I remember it well ! Great store !

Episodes? Im already on S2:E8 its time consuming but nothing else to do once im home.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Last two official seasons were THE best !

:rotfl

Evil little Nemoidian!

What? What did you say ?

Oh, you are just so mean to me! :(

When's the last time I won a UT contest anyway? Durn.

You are not alone bro :1-1:

I rig my contests to make sure you never win.

I knew it ! :thwak:

He woulda froze to death on Hoth in that outfit, well before Han shoved him inside the Tauntaun...

Volume 1 or 2? Or both?

Today ****ing SUCKED! I had a death in the electronics family today. My PS3 died. My project for Tuesday was completely revamping my electronics setup. I got everything hooked up to a new receiver with HD audio and tons of HDMI inputs. I finally had everything the way I wanted! So today I popped in a BD in the PS3, as background entertainment while I worked on other projects, but it froze halfway through. It wouldn't restart, so I rebooted the PS3. Then I could re-play it. But it froze again after only a few minutes. This time I couldn't get it to play again. I popped in a game, and that won't play either. The PS3 is no longer recognizing that a disc is in the drive. I was able to hook up a hard drive to backup my ****, in case I get it repaired or buy a new one. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. PS4's can play PS3 discs, right? I may just get one of those, but I'll wait for a deal, which probably won't happen til the holidays, if at all. What sucks is I barely used the damn thing, considering how long I've had it. I haven't played any games all year! Sad, I know. I finally accepted Punk's friend request though. Perhaps that's what killed it! :gah:
Needless to say, I didn't get any projects done today, because I spent the whole day trying to get my PS3 working again. There were lots of ideas online, but none worked. And I had trouble getting it backed up at first. Two flash drives and one external HD would not be detected, even though they were formatted correctly. The 2nd HD worked though. Makes no sense.

Pick up another PS3 bro. You probably won't find the original with the SD card slots so it won't be PS1 compatible, but that may not matter to you.
The slim can be had relatively cheap.

Got Grievous today. Wowza...what an impressive figure.

Cough Cough HACK !

So CUUSOO as we know it will no longer be :(

It’s hard to think of CUUSOO without the LEGO in front of it, but apparently that’s happening/has happened. The LEGO Group has announced that the 5+ year experiment that has been LEGO® CUUSOO has been such a great success that they are…terminating their relationship with the Japanese crowd-sourcing site. That is to say, effective April 30, LEGO is taking everything they have learned from the CUUSOO experience and bringing it in house as LEGO® Ideas. CUUSOO.com will apparently continue creating mechanisms to materialize wishes in a non-LEGO capacity.

What size is everyone seeing the first Grievous picture?

I post the link from flickr sized 1024x682, but when I post it its only 801 x 531. I don't know why :dunno

It definitely looks bigger when I click on the picture and it brings me to the flickr page. I think SSF resized it or something.

Huh. Thanks Ben.

Well that's lame, did that come with board makeover?

So is there any way to post larger pics of is that the max size now?

I want my $25 back :pfft:

So does anyone know anything about this? Is there now a max size to upload photos?

I will have her draw an R2, but I'm going to keep it!!!:lecture

Same here. :lol That would be hilarious if we all just send fury a photo of the R2 sketch she does for each one of us. :rotfl

I really wanted the complete Ghostbusters set up.

I think that's still possible. They're not shutting down any current or future projects as far as I can see, only moving things over into the LEGO domain and putting a 1yr time limit on the 10k supporters. Think about it...if they're gonna pump creativity, which this move seems to suggest, then you'll have more eyes viewing these projects.

More eyes, more votes and quicker decisions.

Today ****ing SUCKED! I had a death in the electronics family today. My PS3 died. My project for Tuesday was completely revamping my electronics setup. I got everything hooked up to a new receiver with HD audio and tons of HDMI inputs. I finally had everything the way I wanted! So today I popped in a BD in the PS3, as background entertainment while I worked on other projects, but it froze halfway through. It wouldn't restart, so I rebooted the PS3. Then I could re-play it. But it froze again after only a few minutes. This time I couldn't get it to play again. I popped in a game, and that won't play either. The PS3 is no longer recognizing that a disc is in the drive. I was able to hook up a hard drive to backup my ****, in case I get it repaired or buy a new one. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. PS4's can play PS3 discs, right? I may just get one of those, but I'll wait for a deal, which probably won't happen til the holidays, if at all. What sucks is I barely used the damn thing, considering how long I've had it. I haven't played any games all year! Sad, I know. I finally accepted Punk's friend request though. Perhaps that's what killed it! :gah:
Needless to say, I didn't get any projects done today, because I spent the whole day trying to get my PS3 working again. There were lots of ideas online, but none worked. And I had trouble getting it backed up at first. Two flash drives and one external HD would not be detected, even though they were formatted correctly. The 2nd HD worked though. Makes no sense.

Ouch, that sucks. Yes, accepting my friend request instantly uploaded a virus to your PS3 sucka! :lol Take that!
j/k of course. Hope you can figure out a way to fix it.

I still haven't found these at retail yet. Either scalpers are snatching them or they're being held back to the 1st. Punk hooked me up with Itchy and Scratchy but I still need the rest.

I just saw them at Target yesterday as well. They are in an end display not the usual box. Probably had 150 in the display... I didn't have time to try and feel many of them, but I have no skill for that anyway.

IMG_0035.jpg

Huh, interesting. I had no clue that those existed. Munsters merch is so few and far between. Last thing I got was the Koach Minimates set.

Got Grievous today. Wowza...what an impressive figure.

That looks awesome! Congrats.

I love the design of Grievous but hated his emphysema voice.

Oh fury, the LEGO store is opening in Vegas this weekend! You can watch them build an 8 foot R2-D2.

[h=3]Las Vegas LEGO Store Fashion Show Mall Grand Opening[/h] by Toys N Bricks » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:36 pm
The first LEGO Store in Nevada, United States will be having its grand opening celebration this weekend! The Las Vegas Fashion Show Mall LEGO Store will have the following promo giveaways during grand opening weekend in addition to the traditional master builds. This time, it will be an 8-foot tall R2-D2 Model.

If your planning a trip to Las Vegas this weekend, make sure to pop by (especially on Saturday for their LEGO Store set).

April 25-27 Great Hall, Fashion Show, Las Vegas, NV

The first 300 customer will receive the following:

• Friday 11am-7pm: Free Collectible Child Size LEGO T-Shirt with a $50 purchase!
  • Saturday 10am-6pm: Free Limited-Edition LEGO Store Set with a $75 purchase
  • Sunday 11am-5pm: Free Exclusive LEGO Minifigure Set with a $50 purchase!

Dammit, that sounds fun. I wish I had a LEGO store close by.

So CUUSOO as we know it will no longer be :(

They'll probably steal the concept and make their own site somehow.

I just saw them at Target yesterday as well. They are in an end display not the usual box. Probably had 150 in the display... I didn't have time to try and feel many of them, but I have no skill for that anyway.

I was at Target last night and nothing, not even a spot for them.

Feeling the figures out is easy one you get the hang of it.

Back