(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Ugh. That's ******!!!! The death of a valued electronic is never fun.

Couple years ago my hows go struck by lightening and cooked my PS3, audio receiver and TV. THAT sucked.
You win! Or lose, in your case... Were you not using a surge protector, or it failed you? That really sucks. On the bright side, great excuse to buy a new, better TV!

Got Grievous today. Wowza...what an impressive figure.
Did your waitlist come through, too, or did you buy it elsewhere? Mine should arrive soon. It shipped on Monday...

What size is everyone seeing the first Grievous picture?

I post the link from flickr sized 1024x682, but when I post it its only 801 x 531. I don't know why :dunno
Size matters not! :lecture

The PS4 isn't backwards compatible unfortunately. My PS3 went a few months ago and I actually bought a new one instead of upgrading. Did you try a game or other blu ray?
Tried 3 different BD's and one game. It doesn't even spin when a disc is put in. I'll try it again later today, just to make sure keeping it turned off for a bit doesn't magically resolve it. But I highly doubt it will... The sucky part is, my separate 3D BD player, for whatever reason, will not route the video properly through my new receiver (even though it is 3D compatible). I think it is because of the 3D converter box which the TV needs. So I am forced to plug it directly into my TV, and use optical audio. Thus, the main reason for me getting a new receiver (to get HD audio) is completely ruined. If my PS3 worked, I could use that for all non-3D BD's. And yes, I know the PS3 can play 3D, but it isn't compatible with my TV's 3D type, so would also need to go through the converter box, thus I would have the exact same issue. Got all that? Ugh.

Ken a ps4 does not play ps3 discs. The new consoles are not backwards compatible.
**** me up the ass.

Interesting how it says Boys 8-20.

Oh fury, the LEGO store is opening in Vegas this weekend! You can watch them build an 8 foot R2-D2.

Las Vegas LEGO Store Fashion Show Mall Grand Opening

by Toys N Bricks » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:36 pm
The first LEGO Store in Nevada, United States will be having its grand opening celebration this weekend! The Las Vegas Fashion Show Mall LEGO Store will have the following promo giveaways during grand opening weekend in addition to the traditional master builds. This time, it will be an 8-foot tall R2-D2 Model.

If your planning a trip to Las Vegas this weekend, make sure to pop by (especially on Saturday for their LEGO Store set).

April 25-27 Great Hall, Fashion Show, Las Vegas, NV

The first 300 customer will receive the following:

• Friday 11am-7pm: Free Collectible Child Size LEGO T-Shirt with a $50 purchase!
  • Saturday 10am-6pm: Free Limited-Edition LEGO Store Set with a $75 purchase
  • Sunday 11am-5pm: Free Exclusive LEGO Minifigure Set with a $50 purchase!
I can't believe Milwaukee got a Lego store before Vegas! I thought they had one already. And of course, they put it in the mall on the strip...
I wonder what the exclusive set and mini-figure is...

Pick up another PS3 bro. You probably won't find the original with the SD card slots so it won't be PS1 compatible, but that may not matter to you. The slim can be had relatively cheap.

Cough Cough HACK !
Mine already wasn't backwards compatible. I got the very first model which wasn't. This was before they advertised they were doing this. There was a piece of paper in the box says "your PS3 model will not be able to play PS1 or PS2 discs." I was like WTF cuz all of the reviews said it was. Thankfully, I did not own any PS1 or PS2 games, cuz I never owned those systems. But I was planning on picking up a bunch of cheap used games to play, or borrowing some from friends.
Mine had the huge hard drive, but I never used all that space anyway. And it's easy to add a flash drive or external drive these days (despite my issues yesterday). I'm just glad I was able to back-up my stuff so I can restore my games progress.

Glad you were able to save your backups. I had a HD crash on me that I have personal stuff on and panicked because I didn't think I would get any of it off.

Gabriel, my son, loves it, so I've grown to love it through him. I can't say I felt that way before though.

Oh I remember your disappointment upon first viewing ! LOL.

I think that title fits better as well. Also because a lot of the third film will deal with that battle. The EE of DoS sounds awesome! I've been holding off on buying these films to await the set of all three EE to be available.

I picked it up for $10 which I will sell off later when the EE comes out. I just could not wait to see it.

How much of the 25 minutes will have Tauriel? :love

What does it matter. We know you'll only need 3 minutes :panic:

Hobbit Marathon Party of two. :lol After the third film comes out I'll fly out to ya and we can do the marathon thing.

You mean three ! :thwak: Count me in ! :hi5:

Hope its 25 minutes of whimsical barrel riding scenes.
:lol

For Deak:

RalphTrooper_zps30f2b827.jpg~original
FLOSI is back, baby! Pure awesomeness!!!

How much of the 25 minutes will have Tauriel? :love
Naked! :lecture

I expect a few. Have I mentioned she's beautiful in person but really short.
Where did you meet her? I'm jealous!

Glad you were able to save your backups. I had a HD crash on me that I have personal stuff on and panicked because I didn't think I would get any of it off.
Oh, I've had that too! I lost a hard drive years ago, that had about 4 years of digital pictures on it. I had only printed 20 of them. The rest are lost. I still have the hard drive. I keep debating paying the big bucks to see if they can recover the data from it. I tried it myself, but failed.

You mean three ! :thwak: Count me in ! :hi5:

Three it is. :rock

Where did you meet her? I'm jealous!

Oh, I've had that too! I lost a hard drive years ago, that had about 4 years of digital pictures on it. I had only printed 20 of them. The rest are lost. I still have the hard drive. I keep debating paying the big bucks to see if they can recover the data from it. I tried it myself, but failed.

Last year at SDCC. She signed books at the Weta booth for her story and some of the DOS art books (book one for DOS I should say). I was working the Weta booth for TORn so I was staged by where they kept the product. When she came around to the booth to do her signing she stayed back in that area for a bit. So I got to chat with her for about 2 mins at most. She was super nice though. I also got to talk to Stephen Fry who was controlling a robot at the booth from London. I talked with him for about 5 mins.

I thought I was going to have to. I have a 1 TB with all my LOTR and SDCC pics. I should probably get something else to put them on as another back up.

Thanks sirs.

None for you :pfft:

Jack_sad.gif

Hope its 25 minutes of whimsical barrel riding scenes.

:lol

You win! Or lose, in your case... Were you not using a surge protector, or it failed you? That really sucks. On the bright side, great excuse to buy a new, better TV!

Did your waitlist come through, too, or did you buy it elsewhere? Mine should arrive soon. It shipped on Monday...

Tried 3 different BD's and one game. It doesn't even spin when a disc is put in. I'll try it again later today, just to make sure keeping it turned off for a bit doesn't magically resolve it. But I highly doubt it will... The sucky part is, my separate 3D BD player, for whatever reason, will not route the video properly through my new receiver (even though it is 3D compatible). I think it is because of the 3D converter box which the TV needs. So I am forced to plug it directly into my TV, and use optical audio. Thus, the main reason for me getting a new receiver (to get HD audio) is completely ruined. If my PS3 worked, I could use that for all non-3D BD's. And yes, I know the PS3 can play 3D, but it isn't compatible with my TV's 3D type, so would also need to go through the converter box, thus I would have the exact same issue. Got all that? Ugh.

**** me up the ass.

*fury's reads post*

sheldon-barati-tarsasag-3.gif

Congrats on Grievous King! I figured you'd dig him :rock :rock :rock

Gorgeous figure, he's on my to buy list. I have 2 gift cards to use so I'm debating on whether to use them on him or maybe one of the Hoth Han figs.

You can only use one gift card per item... so go for both!

Gabriel, my son, loves it, so I've grown to love it through him. I can't say I felt that way before though.

I could definitely understand that, my niece saw it and never complained. Nor did my wife, she loved it. I was like "Oh brother" and she was like, "can't you just enjoy the movie?"....:lol

I'm just turning into a grumpy old man.

Let me ask you this. If you got rid of either the Bombur bit or the Legolas bit would it be better? I like the scene but feel it would be better if we got rid of one.
I just didn't like the slapstick feel of some of it and the lack of a sense of danger. It felt too choreographed. I don't expect a movie with hobbits and dragons to be realistic, but it felt too "animated" and staged. If that makes any sense.

Yeah had a surge protector but it killed it too. Fried the directv box and satellite dish too. They guy that came out to do some of the directive work said I was lucky my house didn't burn down.

I just ordered a regular from Sideshow, the exclusive didn't do much for me.

That's a myth.

Interesting how it says Boys 8-20.

I wondered about that too :dunno

Congrats on Grievous King! I figured you'd dig him :rock :rock :rock

I dig it the most!
Gorgeous figure, he's on my to buy list. I have 2 gift cards to use so I'm debating on whether to use them on him or maybe one of the Hoth Han figs.

Hoth Han.

When in doubt go OT.

Words to live by :lecture

I could definitely understand that, my niece saw it and never complained. Nor did my wife, she loved it. I was like "Oh brother" and she was like, "can't you just enjoy the movie?"....:lol

I'm just turning into a grumpy old man.

It took a little while but I really set aside all my preconceptions when viewing the Hobbit films. I try not to think of the books or of the LOTR films and just take it for what it is, which was hard at first. Anyway, I love them both now. :)

And there's lots of films that everyone else seems to love that I can't even sit through a second viewing of.... Man of Steel is one... God damn that's a slow ass movie.

It took a little while but I really set aside all my preconceptions when viewing the Hobbit films. I try not to think of the books or of the LOTR films and just take it for what it is, which was hard at first. Anyway, I love them both now. :)

And there's lots of films that everyone else seems to love that I can't even sit through a second viewing of.... Man of Steel is one... God damn that's a slow ass movie.

I feel the same about MoS. There is a good movie in there somewhere, just didn't get edited right or something. :dunno

Oh and badass art, Flosso!

I am racking my brain trying to settle on a request to send your way!

Back