(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Thanks to Fury, this is now 100% vintage with no stupid repro stickers.

that hammerhead is great

do they make ackbar?

Vintage SW is where it's at... it's a lot of time and money, but I never regret having put together a set of figures :lecture

As I was looking through my vintage figures after unpacking I realized that my R5-D4 had a repro sticker and that my Ben had a Repro Saber, so I bought new ones. I also noticed that my Vader was dinged up around the brow of his helmet, so I'll be getting a new one of those too. That's a super clean R2, BTW! Gorgeous!

Vintage SW is where it's at... it's a lot of time and money, but I never regret having put together a set of figures :lecture

It was a blast putting the set together. So many memories with these toys. Got a little frustrating with the last 17, but patience is key.

As I was looking through my vintage figures after repacking I realized that my R5-D4 had a repro sticker and that my Ben had a Repro Saber, so I bought new ones. I also noticed that my Vader was dinged up around the brow of his helmet, so I'll be getting a new one of those too. That's a super clean R2, BTW! Gorgeous!

That's what I plan to do. Go through the set one final time and pick out the figs that need to be upgraded. The R2 is very nice, I'm sure Fury only gets the best when it comes to R2. Glad to have him in my collection.

Thanks fellas, not you fury :lol

Its not the end of the word and its something I always knew could and likely would happen. Its a small price to pay for have the freedom I do out here. No neighbors, no city ordinances, no water :lol....Seriously though, having the freedom to do whatever I want out here is worth it, I'll never live in city if I can help it.

Its just the inconvenience and expense that sucks. Once I get everything set up all should be back in line.

Anywho, if someone needs to get rid of a body let me know, I'll be renting out space to make some extra scratch :lol

As I'm getting older I think having some nice space where you don't have to deal with folks is a good idea.

Very nice!

You can donate it to me.

I'm currently battling the well I get my water from (I live rural) going dry. Going through long periods of not having water. Been showering a lot at my Moms and we're having to do laundry at a laundromat now, forever from here on out actually. Its a shocking change to your way of life when running water is suddenly not a given. 3 minute showers, rare toilet flushes :)monkey4) and any other possible way to conserve is the new norm now.

There is no way in Hell we can afford to drill a well of our own, so right now we're looking into getting a tank system set up where I'm gonna have to haul and store water. Its gonna be big expense and a lot of work but a fraction of what drilling a well costs. Sux big time :monkey4

Hauling water come winter is gonna be awful I fear.

That totally sucks, King. I hope you can figure out something somewhat affordable that works for you.

When you live here, you sometimes take water for granted since it all comes from Lake Michigan, which is basically an inland freshwater sea.

Brown coat. :panic:

It cannot be denied anymore, but it still will be. :lol

It's funny how there were quite a few humanoids in the cantina in SW, but nothing but aliens in Jabba's palace. He keeps one on the wall, another shows up which he chains to him and the other one who shows up is dumped on a Rancor. He must be racist.

Wuher was racist toward droids and Jabba hates humans. Then again, Boba Fett's a human, right?

Well, I canceled HT Marty and T-800. It felt good. :yess:

NOOO!

Eww....smelly RV folk. No way, they are as bad as carnies :lol

Ah man, crappy news for my wrasslin buddies...

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0828/580528/jake-the-snake-roberts-hospitalized/#!bLRLTb

:(

He was one of my favorites as a kid. That really bums me out.

I never noticed any of them, I must be a terrible fan :(

I didn't notice them either. My attention was fixated on Boba Fett, Amanaman, and Max Rebo.

Damn I need this (nice to want something pretty cheap)

37-Hammerhead-vinyl-bobble-head-Funko-Star-Wars-Pop-001.jpg

37-Hammerhead-vinyl-bobble-head-Funko-Star-Wars-Pop-010.jpg

I want one of those too. I have the Wicket one on my desk at work.

:exactly: The cost jumps when you decide to acquire the last 17 figures (The Power of The Force line).

I'm using every last bit of restraint right now from opening an eBay tab.... Honestly though I'd like to get into the vintage line once I finish college next year and start paying off those lovely credit cards. My Mythos Vader that just came in will probably be my last big purchase for a few months.

But, but, but...

:lol :rotfl

I disagree. RECEIVING the package is the best feeling of them all! Then canceling, and then ordering... In that order... Oh wait, let's not forget winning.
Winning first, then receiving, then canceling, and then ordering... Aw crap, I almost forgot stealing...
Winning first, then stealing, then receiving, then canceling, and then ordering... In that order. I think that's it.

You never noticed Boba Fett??? :thud:

You can have yellow water... I even offer to help!

Those are neat, but I am so glad I quit them. I have some. I think I was going for a Jabba scene, but I gave up... I will sell some of them when I find them. I do have a Vader and Yoda on display... I will keep Jabba though. He's cute! I recently bought that B&N Luke Wampa set but wish I hadn't. That's going on Ebay for sure...

I just want the three for my focus characters. Don't need any more.
that hammerhead is great

do they make ackbar?
Indeed.
:lecture
:exactly: The cost jumps when you decide to acquire the last 17 figures (The Power of The Force line).
:lecture Sad but true.

These will never leave my collection. :lecture

I needs me some ackbar

https://www.amazon.com/Funko-POP-Star-Wars-Admiral/dp/B00BV1OQIE

I'm using every last bit of restraint right now from opening an eBay tab.... Honestly though I'd like to get into the vintage line once I finish college next year and start paying off those lovely credit cards. My Mythos Vader that just came in will probably be my last big purchase for a few months.

Do it, man. They don't take up a bunch of space and to me they symbolize a simpler time Star Wars when only the OT existed.

Beer kit comes tomorrow. :clap

Thanks for the push and recommendations Waller. :hi5:

First up is a pumpkin beer of course. :) Going to triple the amount of pumpkin called for and add some allspice, clove, ground ginger, fresh vanilla and maple syrup. (Recipe only adds cinnamon and nutmeg). Might also double the amount of brown sugar. Give those yeasts more food.

I probably should've changed mine, but I figure I'll see how it tastes and make the next batch differently.

Back