(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

10362943_10152599262804752_1287417156347203108_n.jpg

Ouch. I opened a hornets nest. :horror

Maybe it wasn't a better movie, but I felt more emotion for Clark compared to anyone in the avengers. The avengers was a perfect popcorn summer movie. I feel like man of steel is a bit darker and more emotional.

Damn. Just lost all my cantina friends. :(

I liked MoS better than Avengers also. Avengers is a great movie, but it should have been titled Iron Man and Friends. Iron Man is cool but come on, there's other characters as well. The highlight in that movie was Hulk for me.

I liked how Snyder introduced Clark. A loner, confused about his place in the world. He knows he's different, he doesn't understand why and I loved the flashback element he did to show him growing up. Also, the score to that movie is fantastic. Of course, it's Zimmer so it should be.

Which R2-D2 is this? I thought the hole for the popup lightsaber was off to the side, and the sensorscope one basically replaced an entire blue panel. This hole is more in the front...
View attachment 123451

That's a hell of a find, sir! If you're going to go repro saber, maybe go repro label too and it'll look really nice.

The reveal of the new Miata? You seriously gonna get one right away? Drink a beer for me! It's beautiful in Monterey. Been to Pebble Beach a few times, which is nearby...

Nah, I won't, and can't, get one right away. Plus, I've gotta see if I even like the new design. Hopefully, Mazda will not disappoint.

Never get the first year of a new model, right? I'm tentatively aiming for a 2017, as the redo starts with the 2016 model year. But if I'm being harshly realistic, it's unlikely I'll be able to afford the car until mid-2017, so I'll likely opt for a 2018.

Especially since I've gotta save for the eFX Yoda too. You know? ;)

So, a little backstory here: We live in a very quiet neighborhood and most people around here know that myself and my wife are gone most days. Yesterday, my wife happened to be home by herself. She's cleaning the house and there's a knock on the door. She stops cleaning and stays away from the front door. There's a knock again, this time she gets one of the nearby guns and goes back to the closet and patiently waits. The knocks stop and that's the end of it. I come home and come through the garage instead of the front door. She tells me this story and I never think to go check the front door. This morning I start doing some yardwork and notice a package at the front door from Titus. Long story short, my wife was waiting to shoot the postal guy as he dropped off my Freaks package. :lol

Titus, thank you so much for everything in the package. Everything is great, but the Superman book takes the cake, that's awesome! Again, thank you. :duff

Oh man! I would've felt so bad if someone died because of my gift! :horror

I'm glad you like all of it. The display case is for Fett. That Superman book is a fun read. I love all those old comic strips.

I can picture the headlines:
"Postman shot while delivering toys from a galaxy far, far away!"
I kinda like the BSG activity book! Looks vintage...

The BSG is vintage! It's so cheesy but fun.

Ouch. I opened a hornets nest. :horror

Maybe it wasn't a better movie, but I felt more emotion for Clark compared to anyone in the avengers. The avengers was a perfect popcorn summer movie. I feel like man of steel is a bit darker and more emotional.

Damn. Just lost all my cantina friends. :(

I totally get what you're saying. The DC films are much darker and personal. All the Marvel films are carefree, popcorn movies. After watching the flims, I feel no connection to any marvel character outside of Spider-man.

Superman is my favorite Superhero of all time! MOS was great but my biased opinion even says Caps 2 and XMEN was better. DC is just getting the ball rolling on there movies. MOS will be much like Caps 1 and Thor 1 which IMO are mediocre compared to their sequel.

With that said I just left the movies. Seen Hercules. Im super disappointed in it. Not bc of the movie itself but bc of the trailer. I went in expecting a certian movie and did not get it.

No more trailers for this guy!

So, a little backstory here: We live in a very quiet neighborhood and most people around here know that myself and my wife are gone most days. Yesterday, my wife happened to be home by herself. She's cleaning the house and there's a knock on the door. She stops cleaning and stays away from the front door. There's a knock again, this time she gets one of the nearby guns and goes back to the closet and patiently waits. The knocks stop and that's the end of it. I come home and come through the garage instead of the front door. She tells me this story and I never think to go check the front door. This morning I start doing some yardwork and notice a package at the front door from Titus. Long story short, my wife was waiting to shoot the postal guy as he dropped off my Freaks package. :lol

We live in different worlds when a knock on the door could be a potential assailant :horror

We live in different worlds when a knock on the door could be a potential assailant :horror

Actually about 6 months ago, our neighbor 3 doors down had just that happen. A guy knocked in the evening, after no one answered, he forced entry. The homeowners were in the backyard and he held the guy at gunpoint until the cops got there. Damn lucky he didn't get shot.

yeah even my old apt wasn't not far from a bad area of long beach and I never though not to open the door. At my house I open the door if I see scar or truck I recognize in front(ie ups,FedEx,USPS or someone I know). If not inlet them knock as I get tons of solicitors and just don't want to deal with it. Plus makes it harder to know when I am home and when I'm not.

Actually about 6 months ago, our neighbor 3 doors down had just that happen. A guy knocked in the evening, after no one answered, he forced entry. The homeowners were in the backyard and he held the guy at gunpoint until the cops got there. Damn lucky he didn't get shot.

That's craziness! Through the local PD Facebook page and the local patch site we get reports every once in a while about little stuff in our neighborhood but nothing like that. Almost 5 years ago while we were waiting to close on this house, we had to kids get shot in the head about 300 feet from our backdoor as some part of a gang slaying. We never heard gunshots, it was scary. Also there were a ton of break-ins in our townhouse community. My wife was terrified to be home alone.

Damn... I shouldn't be so surprised. Every one of our neighbours has been broken into at least once in the ten years we've been at our place. Except us. We have a dog. If any intruder got a glimpse of our fox terrier though I think they'd have just gone right ahead and helped themselves to whatever.

Where do you guys live? Geeze anyone breaks in around here and they get introduced to a shotgun, ARs and numerous handguns. Things like that just dont happen in the backwash of Kentucky lol.

Back