(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

As I'm saying "**** **** **** mothhhher ****er!!" :lol:lol:lol

I just didn't like the slapstick feel of some of it and the lack of a sense of danger. It felt too choreographed. I don't expect a movie with hobbits and dragons to be realistic, but it felt too "animated" and staged. If that makes any sense.

I got ya. I think having both those moments in there does lend it to feeling that way a bit.

It took a little while but I really set aside all my preconceptions when viewing the Hobbit films. I try not to think of the books or of the LOTR films and just take it for what it is, which was hard at first. Anyway, I love them both now. :)

And there's lots of films that everyone else seems to love that I can't even sit through a second viewing of.... Man of Steel is one... God damn that's a slow ass movie.

I've said this before but I do think some folks problems were they expected The Hobbit to just be more of the same in regards to LOTR. Same pretty much serious tone from start to finish. They've at times gotten a little silly with The Hobbit films but as a whole I think they've captured the books quite well. I admit as an avid reader of the books and material of that world everything is always getting compared (internally for me I should say). I've been able to not allow it to ruin things by realizing changes have to be made but there have been moments where I just really get irritated. For me personally I will view these films as one big six movie arc telling of the tale of Middle-earth.

I love MOS :rock :p

Some of you guys are lucky that you have so many events come near you. Absolutley nothing comes here, I've never been to any kind of con before. Lame ass New Mexico. Might as well be old Mexico :pfft:

:lol

one of the reasons I ended up here. Grew up in a podunk town with nothing to do.
Now that I'm older, though, I kind of wish for that do nothing town again. :lol

Sweet ! Win that so I can get you and UT's Jedi Pass ! :panic:

ocd-robocops--20090617072404098-000.jpg

I've said this before but I do think some folks problems were they expected The Hobbit to just be more of the same in regards to LOTR. Same pretty much serious tone from start to finish. They've at times gotten a little silly with The Hobbit films but as a whole I think they've captured the books quite well. I admit as an avid reader of the books and material of that world everything is always getting compared (internally for me I should say). I've been able to not allow it to ruin things by realizing changes have to be made but there have been moments where I just really get irritated. For me personally I will view these films as one big six movie arc telling of the tale of Middle-earth.

I love MOS :rock :p
Shocked.

:lol

one of the reasons I ended up here. Grew up in a podunk town with nothing to do.
Now that I'm older, though, I kind of wish for that do nothing town again. :lol

I love living in a small town 99.9999% of the time, except when I want to see an Imax movie or go to a con :lol

Shouldn't be. It was an awesome movie. :rock

I'm never shocked with you Josh, I've come to expect you to like and/or love almost everything. It used to drive me nuts, now I find it endearing :lol

For my wrestling brothers I thought this was an accurate list even after a few years.

Back