(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Anyone know if Alfred can be purchased alone ?

sdcc2014_sideshow_149.jpg

Don't think so. He comes with the super deluxe armory set with Batman and Bruce or the slightly less super deluxe set with the armory and Batman. I'm betting they'll do something similar with Officer Blake and Commissioner Gordon.

Don't think so. He comes with the super deluxe armory set with Batman and Bruce or the slightly less super deluxe set with the armory and Batman. I'm betting they'll do something similar with Officer Blake and Commissioner Gordon.

It looks like they are coming bundled with the Bat-signal.

It looks like they are coming bundled with the Bat-signal.

Yeah that sucks balls. :(

Well it is 6:30 ! Josh should already be in there !

My question is - what's with that SW Hot Toys setup?! They have to be ready to show us something with a display like that.

I dont believe that setup is at SDCC. Also as I said in the HT thread unless this deal has been under wraps for a long time its doubtful they have anything to show. There is a lot of approval to be done before it can ever be shown.

Seems like there was a little something for everyone. Epic is sorely overused but this SDCC truly does fell epic.

Sideshow seems to be jumping back into 1/6 in a huge way, when only a couple years ago it looked like they were all but done with 1/6.

Hot Toys getting SW speaks for itself.

Interesting times we are in right now :rock

Yeah, the Sideshow HT combo really brought the thunder! Really one of, if not they best showing yet for SDCC. Even like the Court of the Dead stuff... no interest in buying, but I dig how varied and weird the designs are. Seems like Sideshow is having a lot of fun with them.

Loving this more :rock

sdcc2014_sideshow_71.jpg

Yeah, the material is less cotton looking in this shot. And I was trying to find some images online and it does seem like the "dress" is just material w/no real outstanding detail. Hard to tell if it's shiny or matte, so Sideshow probably made a good call and split the difference.

Pretty sure I'll have to buy this... just don't have a clue where he'd go :huh

With him shipping in the next couple of months I'm guessing that is a production figure. Paint work looks a little softer than the proto... but that might also just be the lighting and my imagination.

R2-D2 looks amazing at the show!

Again, that Boba Fett is beautiful. I'm not digging 3PO though so I think I'll restart my search for a Tamahayshsidifiaia version.

You won't go wrong with the Tama, especially if you can get it for under $300. It's an incredible piece.

My question is - what's with that SW Hot Toys setup?! They have to be ready to show us something with a display like that.

Must be... really hope they've not only been pursuing the license behind closed doors but also developing a **** ton of figures. That would be real show stopper if they dropped 5 to 10 figures on us :lol

I'm kinda digging the Alien Ripley ...

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-38.jpg

Still not feeling the likeness... sort of has a Cher/Tranny look to it :huh But Sigourney does have that manish edge to her, but I think the sculpt could use a bit more work.

Current Thoughts ?

sdcc2014_sideshow_93.jpg

sdcc2014_sideshow_91.jpg

Yeah, still not digging it. Outfit is awesome... paint is very sub-par for a $2K item.

As promised, here's a picture of me opening my Kenner Death Star on Christmas morning.

10387419_10202672209422625_8925490886306499662_n.jpg

Awesome :rock I'd rep ya if I could.

Off how? Being based of a comic look I'd say it "on". :dunno

Agreed... I think it's pretty damn impressive, really digging the sculpt on the arms.

Beetlejuice!?!?! Damn you SSC!!!

They're going to keep us guessing. Very cool news :rock

Well I'm caught up for now... looks like a lot of awesomeness this year. And now time for sleepy.

And in case you missed it, in the case with Snake Plissken there was a placeholder for Beetlejuice. So looks like that's also coming from Sideshow :rock :rock :rock

I totally missed that, that is gonna be awesome.

I think if they clean up the Ripley sculpt a bit, that should be a home run.

Getting ready for another day. I'll try to start posting my pics later. Though JJ found some really good shots.

Thoughts so far. SS/HT has some really fantastic stuff. Godzilla looks awesome and he's a huge sob. Probably gonna be $600 easy I'd bet. All the SW 1:6 are simply fantastic and you OT guys are in for a real treat. I wasn't expecting Marvel 1:6 but knew they had the license so that was cool to see. King you're going to love that Pin Head PF! Really well done. It looks like the pins might be metal. The Old Ben LSF is really well done, IMO. The paint and detailing on it are solid but he's going to be super exspensive and you better be a hardcore super duper SW fan to get it. All that being said there is not a single thing at SS booth that I will be buying. So despite them having one of their best showings I'll be saving money.

Now that's a totally different story when it comes to Weta. Their booth was the first place I hit last night. The new Balrog statue was the first item I saw and my jaw must have dropped because Dad and Wetanut were giving me all kinds of crap. I have the SSW one and it's one of the best pieces I own but this will quickly move up the ladder. It's twice the size of that one and has more detailing in it. It does have a couple things of tweak but all-in-all it's one of the best pieces at the show. Their giant Smaug statue is also amazing! He's so creaking detailed as is the base it's kind of scary just how good it is. The paint job on it is also one of the best I've ever seen even on a proto. You can't go wrong with this one if you're a fan. I expect both this and the Balrog to be at least $750. Thror and and Faramir are also really great and ones I will get. Very pleased with both of them. Needless to say Weta will be getting most of my money.

Anyone have a code for b&n

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the update, Josh.

I hear eFX has their McQuarrie Stormtrooper bucket on display. That's what I need to see. :wave :)

Yeah, the material is less cotton looking in this shot. And I was trying to find some images online and it does seem like the "dress" is just material w/no real outstanding detail. Hard to tell if it's shiny or matte, so Sideshow probably made a good call and split the difference.

Pretty sure I'll have to buy this... just don't have a clue where he'd go :huh

I can hold here at my house if you want :)

Getting ready for another day. I'll try to start posting my pics later. Though JJ found some really good shots.

Thoughts so far. SS/HT has some really fantastic stuff. Godzilla looks awesome and he's a huge sob. Probably gonna be $600 easy I'd bet. All the SW 1:6 are simply fantastic and you OT guys are in for a real treat. I wasn't expecting Marvel 1:6 but knew they had the license so that was cool to see. King you're going to love that Pin Head PF! Really well done. It looks like the pins might be metal. The Old Ben LSF is really well done, IMO. The paint and detailing on it are solid but he's going to be super exspensive and you better be a hardcore super duper SW fan to get it. All that being said there is not a single thing at SS booth that I will be buying. So despite them having one of their best showings I'll be saving money.

Now that's a totally different story when it comes to Weta. Their booth was the first place I hit last night. The new Balrog statue was the first item I saw and my jaw must have dropped because Dad and Wetanut were giving me all kinds of crap. I have the SSW one and it's one of the best pieces I own but this will quickly move up the ladder. It's twice the size of that one and has more detailing in it. It does have a couple things of tweak but all-in-all it's one of the best pieces at the show. Their giant Smaug statue is also amazing! He's so creaking detailed as is the base it's kind of scary just how good it is. The paint job on it is also one of the best I've ever seen even on a proto. You can't go wrong with this one if you're a fan. I expect both this and the Balrog to be at least $750. Thror and and Faramir are also really great and ones I will get. Very pleased with both of them. Needless to say Weta will be getting most of my money.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Anyone have a code for b&n

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

I was hoping to find one too :(

I really, really hope the production piece can come close to that.

:lecture

I hate to say this, but there's a good chance it will display that well because of the goggles, which will cover up the bad eye paint. :lol

But also, that can be fixed by a good painter. Right GB ? :1-1:

Back