(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

So KenBen what do you do ? Cancel your cards every year so you continue to get the card for free for one year?
I've never had to cancel...

You can call credit card companies all the time and usually get them to lower your rate or waive fees... just say you are calling to cancel the card to switch to one with a lower interest rate or one without an annual fee... they will likely do it for you. They don't want you to cancel your card.
This is exactly what I do!!! I have never been turned down...

And my mom is a huge SW fan. When I was a kid some magazine she subscribed to (Bantha Tracks or Starlog maybe) there was an order form for comic pages. It was mail order so she had to pick a bunch of pages she was interested in and they sent the ones that were still available... I have no idea what she missed out on, but the 3 she has are very cool. I'll see if I can find a photo.
Wow, that's awesome. I'm quite jealous! I never saw that ad, or I totally would have ordered comic pages. I ordered a bunch of stuff from the George Lucas Spectacular through Bantha Tracks... If only I knew where they were...

Would love to see those! :panic:
Seconded! :lecture

Be prepared to have them badger you to no end to not do it... they will transfer you to like 5 different people each explaining over and over why you should keep the card. I went to cancel my Discover card a few years ago cause I never use it, and hadn't used it for 7 years or so... and still ended up jumping through hoops with them telling me I should keep it yada yada yada. I got so tired of getting transferred I ended up just keeping it. :lol Haven't used it since either. I only use my Target Visa so I can pay it off in store. Have the Discover card and an American Express (for early concert ticket purchases which Angie will use from time to time but I never have).
Not for me. I get transferred exactly once, to the retention department. I guess it depends on the card company. I do it every year with Citibank. I don't think I've had any other cards with annual fees. Although I'm about to sign up for a new Amex which does. 50,000 miles free Delta miles, plus a free $50 statement credit. No annual fee for the first year. That's my kind of card...

Oh, I shall have a speedy cancellation. I don't cotton to being badgered! :lol
Cotton??? It's your cotton pickin right to cancel speedily!

cotton-balls.jpg
Beat to the punch, as usual... Plus, you did it better...

I'll see if I can find some photos... I took a couple a few years back, but don't know where they are :lol

The Infantino one is really nice, lot of key characters (Luke, Han and I think the droids) and it's on Tatooine so they're riding in a landspeeder. It's not from ANH, but definitely hits on some cool movie-like scenes. I don't know the artist on the other two off hand, but all the pages do have a main characters in them.

My excitement is waning. Where is my Hellboy.

Maybe I'll jerk off...

500 more posts until my super duper end of the world awesome contest! :D

LOVE that Ewoks one!!! Your Mom is into comic books, and Star Wars ones at that? That's awesome! Coolest mom EVER!!! :rock :rock2

Yeah, she's been into scifi most of her life... watched Star Trek when it was new, huge SW fan and collected a lot of random stuff over the years like magazines, books and some comics. Definitely a major influence on what I like and why I collect... I just collect a bit differently.

Growing up we often went to comic book and Star Trek conventions... I never had a chance to be a jock or prep after all that :lol

Wow, that's awesome. I'm quite jealous! I never saw that ad, or I totally would have ordered comic pages. I ordered a bunch of stuff from the George Lucas Spectacular through Bantha Tracks... If only I knew where they were...

I wish I could remember where it was from... I'll check and see if she does. I don't think they were that expensive, in fact they couldn't have been since we were pretty poor :lol

I seem to remember someone telling me they rubbed two out in ten minutes the other day..... Darn, who was that???

I'm going to guess your brother and on your pillow :lecture

500 more posts until my super duper end of the world awesome contest! :D
Are you giving away your entire collection, except for the few pieces you're keeping?

8 minutes. Are you done?
:rotfl
You forgot to deduct the time he spent cleaning up after. At least, I HOPE he washed his hands off!

I wish I could remember where it was from... I'll check and see if she does. I don't think they were that expensive, in fact they couldn't have been since we were pretty poor :lol

I'm going to guess your brother and on your pillow :lecture
Please stop making me jealous. And :horror

You just know Kenben wants to take a picture like this with Yoda. Possibly more. :lol

BwFGyWeIUAAg2oq.jpg

Are you giving away your entire collection, except for the few pieces you're keeping?

By the time he gets another 500 posts, the Hellboy he's waiting for today will be the prize.

Wow, never saw that before... I'll need to track it down.

Good luck :rock

That's really cool... nice that it's clearly his style.

Wow, really nice :rock

I just have two pages from childhood comics that I read... I really want a page from the original Droids as well, but for now just have Thundercats and Ewoks. My mother has 3 vintage SW ones, one of which done by Infantino... I'll get those when she kicks the bucket :lol

uu.jpg

oo.jpg

i never thought about finding a Droids page. I have been looking for a r2 cell from the cartoon.

Reminds me of my classmate, who went to WA with me on summer clinical two years ago.

He scored a job up there on the Kitsap peninsula, and told me one day, trying to encourage me to move there...

"In four months, I've seen one black person, and one gay person. And, they were the same person!"

I would still totally move there. It's beautiful and the people are all so nice in my experience. :lecture

The further away from population centers you get, the nicer people are.

Strangely, we have what seems like a high gay population here. It's possible they're just very open.

I was trying to quote devil, but it wouldn't let me, and then his post dissapeared.

I was trying to respond to UT, and then another page happened before I could finish.

oh Ken, Aaron told me what he thought of your ice bucket challenge. With the words he used, maybe you should jump off that bridge with Waller. :monkey3

Back