(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks
_e1wnIrobTY.jpg

Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys and share my (sick & twisted) humor!
Looking forward to seeing everyone in the near future!

Congrats! See ya on the boards again in 6 months Gibby! :lol

Ben, does your sweet love extend to Dinobots?

Hell yeah, Thom. Dinobots have literally been in my life since I was born. My brother had all the originals and when I was a little older I had the Gen 2 Grimlock(still have him, actually). I've also got the MP Grimlock and two different dinobot t-shirts. Check out the designs below.

grimlock.jpeg

the-land-before-prime-detail_19494.jpg

Hell yeah, Thom. Dinobots have literally been in my life since I was born. My brother had all the originals and when I was a little older I had the Gen 2 Grimlock(still have him, actually). I've also got the MP Grimlock and two different dinobot t-shirts. Check out the designs below.

grimlock.jpeg

the-land-before-prime-detail_19494.jpg

Awesome! I wish I had bought that "save the universe" shirt. It was that rare teefury incident where I forgot about and logged in too late.

I never owned a real Grimlock. My childhood Grimmy was a knockoff called Ancient Animal and my current is a knockoff I bought off teemu. :lol But, man, I love those guys. My earliest memory of transformers was seeing Bumblebee flee from Grimlock on the cartoon and they remain two of my favorites.

Awesome! I wish I had bought that "save the universe" shirt. It was that rare teefury incident where I forgot about and logged in too late.

I never owned a real Grimlock. My childhood Grimmy was a knockoff called Ancient Animal and my current is a knockoff I bought off teemu. :lol But, man, I love those guys. My earliest memory of transformers was seeing Bumblebee flee from Grimlock on the cartoon and they remain two of my favorites.

Toys R Us is releasing a new MP Grimlock exclusive in their stores this year. In the pictures I saw of it, the grey plastic parts looked a little less sharp than the one I got a few years back, but I'm sure it'll still be pretty cool and it'll bet the best price you'll get on a MP Grimlock anywhere. Something to think about, at least.

Toys R Us is releasing a new MP Grimlock exclusive in their stores this year. In the pictures I saw of it, the grey plastic parts looked a little less sharp than the one I got a few years back, but I'm sure it'll still be pretty cool and it'll bet the best price you'll get on a MP Grimlock anywhere. Something to think about, at least.

Yeah, I saw that, too. TBH, I'm currently struggling with the morality behind buying MP knockoffs. I've seen Prime, Prowl, and Sideswipe for half the price you can currently get the Tak versions. I just can't pull the trigger.

Maybe I'll just get TRU Grimlock 2 and Tak Bumblebee and call it a day.

Yeah, I saw that, too. TBH, I'm currently struggling with the morality behind buying MP knockoffs. I've seen Prime, Prowl, and Sideswipe for half the price you can currently get the Tak versions. I just can't pull the trigger.

I can understand definitely understand considering that. The Takara releases are really pricey. The only Takara release I have so far is the Sideswipe and I think it's kind of overpriced at $80 or so. I've waited for Hasbro exclusive releases for all the other Masterpiece Transformers I own.

Any Photoshop experts in the house? I was thinking for Celebration, it would be cool to have a laminated Sideshow Freaks badge for our lanyards. Something similar to the POTF cardback, but with our board name and picture. What do you guys think?

71951a_lg.jpeg

Where it says Special Collector Coin, it could say Sideshow Freaks. And the spot where the figure and coin are would be blank. Unless someone is really good at Photoshop and can draw us as figures and coins. :lol

I've done that so many times with teefury, it really is heartbreaking when its a tee you REALLY want too.

Any Photoshop experts in the house? I was thinking for Celebration, it would be cool to have a laminated Sideshow Freaks badge for our lanyards. Something similar to the POTF cardback, but with our board name and picture. What do you guys think?

71951a_lg.jpeg

Where it says Special Collector Coin, it could say Sideshow Freaks. And the spot where the figure and coin are would be blank. Unless someone is really good at Photoshop and can draw us as figures and coins. :lol

I'm no pro or expert but I'm decent at it, I'd definitely be willing to try. Probably better off with someone more experienced though.

71951a_lg.jpeg

Yak Face did that a before. The coin was replaced with a button. Pretty cool.

We should make It unique cantina denizens lol.

This is why I'm foaming at the mouth to get my "simple" home project completed. One figure left and all will be right in my world . . .

Dear lord, that's a beautiful sight to behold... Yakface is magnificent. I've wanted one for as long as I can remember.

View attachment 104222

Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys and share my (sick & twisted) humor!
Looking forward to seeing everyone in the near future!

Congrats, now round the bases, take a bow and retire on a good note. :lol

At least I know what to spend my reward points on. I'll be using them tomorrow for the awesome Spinosaurus. :)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/sideshows-dinosauria-lives-on

That looks really cool. The Dino line has been some of Sideshow's best work in years.

Never owned a Grimmy? My heart weeps for you, man. The G1 has been one of my all-time favorite toys since I was little. I still remember getting my original one at a comic shop in the Livingston Mall. It was a glorious day. He's sadly long gone now but I've had a few come and go over the years and stupidly sold my last one. :slap

Personally I didn't like the MP Grimlock. I had one but it just seemed too flimsy in robot mode. Ended up selling it to a friend which ultimately got him hooked on the MP line and he has them all now. I'm such an enabler...

71951a_lg.jpeg

I don't have the skills but I have super hi-res scans of all the card backs (front and back) if someone needs them.

Back