(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Oh, okay. So a "tiny home" is a trailer that's made to look like a house?

Only out of necessity, and not all the time. Although, the more I consider it, stigma beside the point, it makes a lot of sense to have a home on wheels...

Only out of necessity, and not all the time. Although, the more I consider it, stigma beside the point, it makes a lot of sense to have a home on wheels...

No shame in that game. I know a few people who pulled up stakes once the kids were out of the house and went mobile. If you don;t have any kids, why wait? The country is your oyster.

I want a Wolfman PF since you guys are on the topic of Universal Monsters. :p

I recently had a dispute wherein Paypal gave a refund immediately. I called and explained the situation and they refunded me the sale amount. In the end, the Buyer was wrong and kept the item, dropped the dispute.

It's always worth it to give Paypal a call in my experience.

Full of awesome !

The naked Legend is too cool !
Nice Coke can, King. :lol

I didn't even see the can. LOL

You need an apple too.

Thanks sirs! It was a coke can I found when we went camping. I immediately snatched it up and took it home just to take a pic with Darkness :rock

I don't know which company it was, but from Facebook I saw a Darkness statue at SDCC.

PCS... not really a fan of it though. I still prefer the PF.
Yeah, agree with GB. It looks like a stylized Darkness. Looks good, but not for me.

Wow KD is serious about the No Pants thing. Even his statues are freeballin'.
No Pantz Darkness!

Very cool. Every time I see the movie I forget how much I really enjoy it. Probably buy it one of these times.
DO IT!
I own it, but have never actually seen it.
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Legend is a great movie... it's gotta cheese factor some can't get down with, but I've always loved it.

If you get a chance check out the version with the Jerry Goldsmith score... much better (IMO) than the horrid Tangerine Dream version. Even when I was younger I always felt the music was just weird and out of place with the film. The Goldsmith score makes everything better.
While I still enjoy the Tangerine Dream version, its what I grew up on, I absolutely LOVE the Goldsmith. Really, I can watch either version and be happy.
I owned it on DVD, but not Blu-ray. Maybe I need to get it someday.
Get the BD, it much cleaner and the sound is fantastic.
I have always loved Legend. It's definitely one of my all time favorites. I remember watching a behind-the-scenes special on Nickelodeon hosted by Leonard Nimoy when it first came out and being very intrigued by the movie. I also was interested because Bryan Ferry did Is Your Love Strong Enough for the soundtrack. When I finally got to watch it a year or so after its initial run, I was captivated by it. It was visually stunning, and I always took it fairly seriously, i.e. I didn't really pick up on any cheese except for the few bits of humor that were there. I've watched both cuts, and I'm torn about which I like better. I got used to watching the original, so I'm used to watching Darkness early on. AND he looks freaking amazing bathed in blue light with his glowing green eyes. But I can see the drama in keeping him hidden until his reveal when he steps out of the mirror. And I was never bothered by the TD soundtrack. I kinda missed it when I watched the other cut!

Watching it recently I noticed something about the Gump. He introduces himself to Jack saying, "Can you be a child of the Forrest and not know the Gump?" Forrest Gump?

I prefer the early "reveal" of Darkness.

:lol :lol :lol @ Forest Gump

I do miss the earlier reveal of Darkness... especially the blue with green eyes. If they could have kept that part with the new music, I'd have been even happier, but I understand why it's not there.

And when I refer to the cheese it's not so much that I feel the movie is particularly cheesey (over the top, yes, but awsomely so) but for those that have not seen it before they seem to not "get it" the same way people who grew up watching it do.
I definitely think its a movie best watched first as a child, especially a child in the 80's before CGI blew up. Its a fairly tale movie full of whimsy and fantastical elements, a lot of what makes Legend great is a lot of what most people don't like about it, and those people are soulless and dead inside :lecture

So is that on the blu? Or is this a hard version to find?

I believe it's on the Blu Ray... I have the DVD set from a few years back, but I think if you buy the Blu (which isn't much on Amazon) it comes with both versions.

Both versions are on the Blu-ray. It's a shame they didn't keep the awesome artwork the DVD release had, though.

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Ultimate-Edition-Blu-ray-Cruise/dp/B004QSQML8/

Yeah, the BD sucks are far as presentation goes. Cheap ass packaging and terrible cover art.

Yeah, that cover is poopy looking. I was just weeding out my movie collection and was really tempted to keep the cooler looking DVD packaging and just swapping the Blu Ray over... but the conformist in me screams against doing this even though the DVD's *and really the Blus too) are worth nothing :lol

Escape From New York was the same way. Awesome DVD cover. Photoshop **** on Blu-ray.

Seems to be the case with a lot of Blu covers, lazy and thrown together. At least the steel book stuff looks nice, even though I never buy them. I'd pick up a nice steel book of Legend though if they ever made one.

Now that's a figure I would bathe with King Darkness style.

:lol :lol :lol

Once you do it you'll never go back :lecture

Zemmett_zps77c1b2f0.jpg

Well done, NECA.

BBWAAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!

Love it too much :clap

Had my first refund request on eBay tonight. :(. My bad luck continues.

Eh it's too late. Refund was already preocessed by PayPal. Bah.

Fawk you ebay.

Fawk you Paypal.

Thats all I go to say 'bout that.

I'm considering selling my two Mythos, Boba and Ben... At over a grand each, it's very tempting, and would pay off one of my four CCs!

Thousand each :google

SELL SELL SELL!!!!

I'm obsessed with the idea of a tiny house! Any of you guys hear about this movement toward living very simply in 50-500 square foot homes?

While the idea is neat, the thought of living the rest of my life in what is basically a hotel room makes my skin crawl. Ugh.

I hate small living spaces.

I love Legend. Seduction of Lily is one of the coolest arcs in all cinema.

I'm considering selling my two Mythos, Boba and Ben... At over a grand each, it's very tempting, and would pay off one of my four CCs!

Fett is a grand now? Ugh... I ****ing hate life right now....

The figure I sold him has loose joints. He may be right since I don't open my hot toys. :(. Oh well

So it was brand new in box? And the guy wants a refund?....

Back