(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Just saw the HT Optimus Prime. Now, I'm not a Transformers guy so I don't really know. But aren't Transformers supposed to, you know, transform? :monkey3

There have been many non-transforming collectibles of the characters. Tge advantage being no compromises in the robot designs to allow for transformation. Since I only display them in robot mode, he's right up my alley.

Like I said <--not a Transformers guy. Didn't know it was a thing now. Thanks! :wave

I think the Masterpiece figures still fulfill my Transformers needs. I'm a Transformers fan, but I don't need Hot Toys figures of them.

It does make me wonder if this pisses of Sideshow, though. It also makes me wonder how rapey their prices will be too.

I'm sure they are not happy about it, but if they remain the American distributor then they will make money off of it.

Extra rapey with a side of rape.

I think Disney liked what HT was doing with the Marvel movies and wanted that for Star Wars.
Most likely. And Medicom probably wasn't earning them **** in the Asian market.
Kenbenobi said:
All of these recent SSC announcements, and the HT announcement, has me thinking that Sideshow lost the license at the end of 2015, so they are quickly pumping out all of the stuff they've been working on. Otherwise, why announce all this stuff at once? It just seems odd...

Could be they are loosing it or they just wanna make a huge splash to try and take some of the flash away from HT announcement.

Just saw the HT Optimus Prime. Now, I'm not a Transformers guy so I don't really know. But aren't Transformers supposed to, you know, transform? :monkey3

There have been many non-transforming collectibles of the characters. Tge advantage being no compromises in the robot designs to allow for transformation. Since I only display them in robot mode, he's right up my alley.

Yup, what YNS said. Even though my Takara Prime transformers I never transform it.

I think the Masterpiece figures still fulfill my Transformers needs. I'm a Transformers fan, but I don't need Hot Toys figures of them.

I'll get Prime and if they make one Starscream. My two favorite Transformers and they will display great with my Masterpiece Prime and Starscream.

I'll get Prime and if they make one Starscream. My two favorite Transformers and they will display great with my Masterpiece Prime and Starscream.

For me it'd be Soundwave and Optimus, if I were to get any.

For those interested in the Walgreens exclusive Boba Fetts, they also have the exclusive My Little Pony and Agent Venom exclusives up for preorder now.

For those interested in the Walgreens exclusive Boba Fetts, they also have the exclusive My Little Pony and Agent Venom exclusives up for preorder now.

It's a little pony nurse! How cute :3

PO'd my Boba today, now I'll have one to put next to my SSC Prototype Boba. :)

Really need to invest in some detolfs once I'm done moving next month.

I like being able to transform MP Grimlock, though. He's a cool looking dinosaur and a cool looking robot.

I mean the act of transforming. I had Soundwave (the only Transformer I ever bought) and a big part of the fun was the actual transformation! :D

But it you look at something like the MP-01 Prime, it's half the price of HT, 13" tall and made of real metal. In robot mode it almost doesn't look transform able until you start to transform it. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but unless HT is going metal, it's silly.

But it you look at something like the MP-01 Prime, it's half the price of HT, 13" tall and made of real metal. In robot mode it almost doesn't look transform able until you start to transform it. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but unless HT is going metal, it's silly.

Oh I know I'm in the minority. But I guess I am just a fan of those G1 robots more than anything. I think the HT Prime will suit my TF needs better than MP figures but that's just me. I loved Action Masters and I didn't really luke MP1 Prime. I'm just drawn that way. :dunno

Oh I know I'm in the minority. But I guess I am just a fan of those G1 robots more than anything. I think the HT Prime will suit my TF needs better than MP figures but that's just me. I loved Action Masters and I didn't really luke MP1 Prime. I'm just drawn that way. :dunno

Guess we're in the minority then, but I do love my MP1 Prime and my Masterpiece Starscream.

Back