(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

YOU are in for a treat, my friend! :duff

He's a pretty neat one.

Heck yeah! I'm super impressed!

Now Ben, you might have caught this over the last week or two but Thom wanted to focus on a Cap collection and needed the First Avenger release. Mine had a little shield flaking all the sudden so I was slightly turned off by him. Thom was cool with it so I sold it to him and just turned right around and bought the SSM version. Anyway, Thom is happy and I'm happy, but here's what I was trying to get to with this long winded diatribe.

So when I order the SSM version I decide to go check out the thread here to see if there's any mods people are doing, etc. Everyone in that thread sounded like a bunch of spoiled little brats, complaining about the lack of neck movement and the price, etc. It was the exact thing that has turned me off from other sections of the board (DC/Marvel). This Cap is a bad ass figure... the only issue is figuring out if I want to display him with the WW2 swag or not.

I don't collector for value either. I'd prefer it if they stayed relatively low, so I could get Leonardo for a decent price. :lol

I have hardly any of my statues on display. I wanted the Hulk, Cap, Thor, Iron Man Avengers setup. My Hulk is the movie version, which is still pretty cool and fits in pretty nicely, but I still would prefer the classic PF. The Cap I bought from a member here for a pretty low price has a lot of problems that I don't have the skill to fix myself, so he just stays boxed until I can find somebody to help me with him.
Amazingly, I have more statues on display that anything else, percentage wise. I probably have 90% of my statues on display. But I don't have ANY 12" on display right now, and I own a LOT. I'm workin' on it though. I need to get my display cases built and set-up. Sadly, that is not one of my projects for this week. Perhaps later this summer...

Hey Ben, I won an Amanaman this afternoon. But I definitely blew my budget and overspent on him. It's nice to have one of the last 17 coming already, and I do want to stagger them throughout the process since they're all so expensive. Was shooting for a pop up saber Artoo the past few days, but they've all gone to $200 or higher. So I got antsy and went for another figure from the 17 instead. My vintage appetite is sated for now, and I'll be establishing a monthly vintage budget from here on out.

Guess I was still kinda rewarding myself for finally being gainfully employed, but I gotta keep my eye on the "get outta debt" prize too. ;)

Once they released pics of the Iron Man PF I gave up the hunt for the Hulk and Cap to fill a display... didn't care much for look of the Iron Man.
What's wrong with your Cap? Sell him to me and I'll fix him. :lol

Speaking of, don't forget to pack your Godzilla fig for C2E2 if you still want me to try and fix it for ya.

I actually really like the Iron man with the flag and unmasked head. The flag is a little weird, but I'm cool with it.

Chipped polystone on a couple of the scales and one of the lines on the mask. Metal beam for the base is broken in a few places. The red fabric on the stomach is faded.

Thanks. I'll be sure to bring him with me.

Now Ben, you might have caught this over the last week or two but Thom wanted to focus on a Cap collection and needed the First Avenger release. Mine had a little shield flaking all the sudden so I was slightly turned off by him. Thom was cool with it so I sold it to him and just turned right around and bought the SSM version. Anyway, Thom is happy and I'm happy, but here's what I was trying to get to with this long winded diatribe.

So when I order the SSM version I decide to go check out the thread here to see if there's any mods people are doing, etc. Everyone in that thread sounded like a bunch of spoiled little brats, complaining about the lack of neck movement and the price, etc. It was the exact thing that has turned me off from other sections of the board (DC/Marvel). This Cap is a bad ass figure... the only issue is figuring out if I want to display him with the WW2 swag or not.

That's a good trade then. You got the Cap you wanted and Thom got a good on to add to his collection.

Yeah, this forum can be pretty frustrating sometimes(although I complain about Hot Toys prices all the time too :lol). I think he's better without the WW2 stuff. I'd just go with the shield for a real classic look.

Amazingly, I have more statues on display that anything else, percentage wise. I probably have 90% of my statues on display. But I don't have ANY 12" on display right now, and I own a LOT. I'm workin' on it though. I need to get my display cases built and set-up. Sadly, that is not one of my projects for this week. Perhaps later this summer...

I'm the exact opposite. Just a couple statues on display and probably over 100 1/6 in my display cabinets.

The flaking issue with TFA Cap is what set me back the most on getting it. Just don't want to deal with it.

Oh yeah from the first minute it went up for order I placed it. I'm so stoked for it too! I want all the Caps but I'm definitely thinking I won't get TFA Cap or Rescue Version. Thinking about getting The Star Spangled Man though. Red Skull I'm definitely want to get but would feel out of place if I did not have TFA Cap. Decisions I must make. :gah: :lol

Yeah, you gotta just figure out your display goal and stick with it! I may eventually go after the movie villains Cap has faced but for now I'm thrilled with my TFA Caps.

Premium Members are all a-holes, though.

:wave

It's a beaut, though. I have seen that one assembled in person and if you are a Conan fan, I can't imagine a more evocative piece.

I have SSM in his "stage show" look as opposed to the movie serial look. Both are killer.

I never went into his thread and it sounds like there's no need. :lol

Hey Ben, I won an Amanaman this afternoon. But I definitely blew my budget and overspent on him. It's nice to have one of the last 17 coming already, and I do want to stagger them throughout the process since they're all so expensive. Was shooting for a pop up saber Artoo the past few days, but they've all gone to $200 or higher. So I got antsy and went for another figure from the 17 instead. My vintage appetite is sated for now, and I'll be establishing a monthly vintage budget from here on out.

Guess I was still kinda rewarding myself for finally being gainfully employed, but I gotta keep my eye on the "get outta debt" prize too. ;)

Congrats! I never had Amanaman. Looking forward to the chase!

Oh no. :( That isn't good. I pray that the claim will be dropped.

Yeah, It can take up to 30 days for this to be over. I don't expect it will take long before them to decide against me. Thing is the statue isn't broken and it was delivered exactly as I stated it was. The wiggle is a known issue. He says he has an email from Sideshow stating otherwise.

That's great to here! Yes sadly I had one on order and the bad comments turned me off but now I really want one. I think the retro look is sweet.

Yeah, you gotta just figure out your display goal and stick with it! I may eventually go after the movie villains Cap has faced but for now I'm thrilled with my TFA Caps.
Oh ill figure it out. A whole shelf all for Cap!

Yeah, It can take up to 30 days for this to be over. I don't expect it will take long before them to decide against me. Thing is the statue isn't broken and it was delivered exactly as I stated it was. The wiggle is a known issue. He says he has an email from Sideshow stating otherwise.

Just a shame man. Must be a pain to go through.

It's not fun for sure. Especially knowing I stand little chance of winning. Heck if he had said he just wanted a small refund I might have been willing to appease him but not so much. Now, I have to wait 30 days and then hope when he ships it back it makes it intact.

Good Lord.

As much as we rail against Ebay, the truth of it is a lot of people are just dishonest, value-less dirtbags who have no consideration. I've always scoffed at the "for xxx dollars I expect perfection!" attitude within the hobby but it seems like that is the prevailing attitude within the 20-40 year old generation right now. Sad. :( Good luck, dude!

Oh ill figure it out. A whole shelf all for Cap!

YioNoSe approves of this message.

original.jpg

It's not fun for sure. Especially knowing I stand little chance of winning. Heck if he had said he just wanted a small refund I might have been willing to appease him but not so much. Now, I have to wait 30 days and then hope when he ships it back it makes it intact.
Damn that isn't right. This guy needs to be banned once this is all done.

YioNoSe approves of this message.

original.jpg

:lol good one.

Congrats on Amanaman!! He's definitely a cool vintage figure to have. I'm right there with you on the POTF R2D2 - probably going to have to pay out the butt to get him, but he's my only one left before I complete my vintage, there's no way I can't not have him.

Any time I ran into this situation, the Buyer always balked at paying return shipping. You may still be in luck since you are sticking to your guns.

You chose wisely, fury. Amanaman is awesome. I still haven't gotten one, but as I've said before, it's the one vintage I'd have if I could only pick one. How long do you think it'll take you to collect them all on your budget?

Evening fellas! Man, these little girls are wearing us out! :lol :lol
My aunt bought me a LEGO set though! So I got the Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock. She then said that it wasn't enough, so she gave me an additional $200 in cash!!??
Asian aunts are awesome!! :rock
:lol

My aunt bought me a LEGO set though! So I got the Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock. She then said that it wasn't enough, so she gave me an additional $200 in cash!!??

That's a cool little set and the $200 is even cooler.

I wonder what the Lego Store is going to do for May the 4th this year. I know Darth Revan is the exclusive minifig, but I was hoping for another deal on par with the UCS B-Wing last year.

Dang, everywhere you go it's like

Money-Dollar-Bill_Car-Window.gif

It's good to treat yourself once in a while. Congrats on Amanaman, he's high on my Want List. It's such a unique looking figure for the time.

b308a827dfe2f360d3d1346be3cc9a690123e6a1085a27ecb177b0ec4f74a438.jpg

;) :D

That's a cool little set and the $200 is even cooler.

I wonder what the Lego Store is going to do for May the 4th this year. I know Darth Revan is the exclusive minifig, but I was hoping for another deal on par with the UCS B-Wing last year.
No idea, I hope it's something cool! But knowing their new policy on exclusives, I doubt it. The store had a bent up Tower of Orthanc today, but instead of giving a discount they will give you 1000 extra VIP points. I guess that's $10, but still not as good as 20% off.

Dang, everywhere you go it's like

Money-Dollar-Bill_Car-Window.gif

:lol whatever!!!

WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! :pfft:

Back