(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

48704057.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to King Darkness again.

:(

I've always been somewhat ok with the slight increase in pricing over the years from them, working in purchasing myself I understand it, .... but I think it really hit me yesterday when I saw that the Superman PF was starting to ship and got excited... then realized that's a $400 hit! :thud: It kinda just sunk in. wow.

Yeah and the Modern Thor PF is $440. I've got the classic, so it's no skin off my nose, but it did give off that sticker shock vibe when I saw the price.

I've noticed it with the Dinosauria re-releases too. The original Styracosaurus was $200 and this new one is $280. That's quite an increase. The Spinosaurus increase is a little more reasonable. The original was $290 and the new one is $330.

I got Superman too. WOOHOO!!! :rock

Did you get him yet? I haven't even gotten a shipping soon notice, but have seen some people have gotten theirs already.

I've always been somewhat ok with the slight increase in pricing over the years from them, working in purchasing myself I understand it, .... but I think it really hit me yesterday when I saw that the Superman PF was starting to ship and got excited... then realized that's a $400 hit! :thud: It kinda just sunk in. wow.

Same thing happened with Batman and Robin. I was looking at the processing emails and thought do I really need to spend $430? The excitement of having them left and I went ahead and cancelled.

I need to be 110% sold on figures now before I can commit to an order. Now if there is any hesitation to order I just cancel.

Did you get him yet? I haven't even gotten a shipping soon notice, but have seen some people have gotten theirs already.

I have not!!! I didn't even know it was out yet. :lol

It's my last Sideshow piece for myself.

Yeah and the Modern Thor PF is $440. I've got the classic, so it's no skin off my nose, but it did give off that sticker shock vibe when I saw the price.

I've noticed it with the Dinosauria re-releases too. The original Styracosaurus was $200 and this new one is $280. That's quite an increase. The Spinosaurus increase is a little more reasonable. The original was $290 and the new one is $330.

Ouch, didn't see the price on the Thor. Ugh. Red Hulk is $550! I'm anticipating them getting to a price point where they are no longer sound investments... especially with the increased edition sizes. It was one thing to drop $300 on a statue and know that you could get your $ back most likely if you sold it or a little more... but with the high ed. and $ you'll probably lose $ on stuff in the future trying to sell it. Who knows though.

Same thing happened with Batman and Robin. I was looking at the processing emails and thought do I really need to spend $430? The excitement of having them left and I went ahead and cancelled.

I need to be 110% sold on figures now before I can commit to an order. Now if there is any hesitation to order I just cancel.

Those are shipping soon too?... I have them on order through AP Collectibles... I might sell them. I'm conflicted. I mainly bought them cause I know I'll want to get the '66 Batmobile when it comes out... and you have to have the figs with it.

It's Friday so how about some 80's beauties for us old farts (sorry you young bucks won't remember these darlings).

Diane Franklin

diane.jpg

Lea Thompson

936full-lea-thompson.jpg

Elizabeth (E.G.) Daily

tumblr_lotsp2DIl91qfud5oo1_1280.png

Helen Slater

helen+fair.jpg

Elizabeth Shue

fhd998CKT_Elisabeth_Shue_030.jpg

And one of my all time faves:

Phoebe Cates

529a97f4bb670.jpg

I have not!!! I didn't even know it was out yet. :lol

It's my last Sideshow piece for myself.

I have Supes and Cody PF left and that's it as of now.... and a Hellboy Ex. on waitlist. I'm sure I'll order more SW PF in the future, but not sure on others.

Ouch, didn't see the price on the Thor. Ugh. Red Hulk is $550! I'm anticipating them getting to a price point where they are no longer sound investments... especially with the increased edition sizes. It was one thing to drop $300 on a statue and know that you could get your $ back most likely if you sold it or a little more... but with the high ed. and $ you'll probably lose $ on stuff in the future trying to sell it. Who knows though.

Holy crap!?!?! $550 for Hulk, Jesus.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jimjimmyjones85 again.

All solid choices. :lecture

Those are shipping soon too?... I have them on order through AP Collectibles... I might sell them. I'm conflicted. I mainly bought them cause I know I'll want to get the '66 Batmobile when it comes out... and you have to have the figs with it.

Yeah, they were processing this week from Sideshow. I canceled them a little over a week ago.

There is too much nostalgia wrapped up in them for me.

There has been nothing to deter me from getting them as they seem amazing from every picture I have seen. I think they will always hold a place for many like myself. They were the truest to the comics of it's time and embraced it completely. I admire that.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jimjimmyjones85 again.

Agreed. And that is just a handful of what he had during the times.

I am sure you will appreciate this one...

deb.png

I have Supes and Cody PF left and that's it as of now.... and a Hellboy Ex. on waitlist. I'm sure I'll order more SW PF in the future, but not sure on others.

And a Snowtrooper!!! Oh it keeps getting delayed by the way. :lol

There is too much nostalgia wrapped up in them for me.

There has been nothing to deter me from getting them as they seem amazing from every picture I have seen. I think they will always hold a place for many like myself. They were the truest to the comics of it's time and embraced it completely. I admire that.

I'm sure I'll keep them. As far as Hot Toys pricing goes these days they are pretty reasonable on the price. Just hope they release the Batmobile soon... well, not too soon... I have to recover from Supes, Batman & Robin, & C2E2 first. :lol

Ditto! Can't rep and solid choices!

Diane Franklin was cute as a button. And Phoebe Cates had one of the best boobie scene in the history of cinema.

I gave my cousin's daughters my random lego sets to play with. I'm starting 'em young!!! :yess:

And a Snowtrooper!!! Oh it keeps getting delayed by the way. :lol

Haha, yeah I remember! If it had been a day later on that win he would've been Hellboy. :lol Everything keeps getting delayed, which is why I was surprised Superman had started to ship already. :lol

Back