(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

I have to say, looking around this board.....reading all the Hasbro is sooo stupid...Sideshow sux because....F Geroge Lucas....I don't think my SW fandom has ever been lower. My association with fandom in general, actually. People crapping on one set of Marvel movies because they are made by a different studio...wishing doom and gloom upon franchises because they've invented some kind of competition with another franchise. I dunno, maybe it's just one of those days. Thijnk I need a break from this place.

Dude, that happens to me pretty often. I just can't listen to the ******** anymore. Collectors/Fans are such hypocrites. They'll bash and trash then the minute something new is announced or released they act likes it's the best thing since sliced white bread. I like what I like and I don't need a bunch of keyboard nazis to kill it for me. This is exactly why I only come to this thread, the Vintage thread and once in a while the Indy section. Pardon my pun but this forum really has become a "wretched hive of scum and villany."

If ya gotta walk for a bit, I don't blame you. Just remember to come back to your buddies here and say hi. And if you ever need to talk, I think you have my number. If not hit me up on FB...

Thanks! Ya I was beginning to stress a little today, was a huge sigh of relief when he finally came.

Congrats on the haul! I'm not one for clones but Cody has always had a cool look about him.

Dude, that happens to me pretty often. I just can't listen to the ******** anymore. Collectors/Fans are such hypocrites. They'll bash and trash then the minute something new is announced or released they act likes it's the best thing since sliced white bread. I like what I like and I don't need a bunch of keyboard nazis to kill it for me. This is exactly why I only come to this thread, the Vintage thread and once in a while the Indy section. Pardon my pun but this forum really has become a "wretched hive of scum and villany."

If ya gotta walk for a bit, I don't blame you. Just remember to come back to your buddies here and say hi. And if you ever need to talk, I think you have my number. If not hit me up on FB...

I noticed this especially in the Marvel section, with the recent release of Jean and Thor I saw both statues get torn apart... I personally liked both. :huh

Congrats on the haul! I'm not one for clones but Cody has always had a cool look about him.

Cody is definitely one of my favorite clones, I wont be going for the entire run though, just him, Wolffe and Phase 2 Rex for me and I'm happy.

I noticed this especially in the Marvel section, with the recent release of Jean and Thor I saw both statues get torn apart... I personally liked both. :huh

Cody is definitely one of my favorite clones, I wont be going for the entire run though, just him, Wolffe and Phase 2 Rex for me and I'm happy.

I really wanted to do a mini clone display with those and Gree but decided on the Commander Cody PF instead. Only bc he has my name lol

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

I managed to get him off eBay for 230 which really caught me by surprise since most of the ones I've seen lately are ranging from 3-400.

I think $200 is my limit on Cody, so I'll probably never have one. I was going to avoid all prequel toys, but Grievous changed that and Cody's the only clone I'd probably ever want. He's pretty cool looking.

I have to say, looking around this board.....reading all the Hasbro is sooo stupid...Sideshow sux because....F Geroge Lucas....I don't think my SW fandom has ever been lower. My association with fandom in general, actually. People crapping on one set of Marvel movies because they are made by a different studio...wishing doom and gloom upon franchises because they've invented some kind of competition with another franchise. I dunno, maybe it's just one of those days. Thijnk I need a break from this place.

It's like that all over the board. Even formerly friendly threads like the Masters of the Universe Classics thread have been taken over by that kind of attitude. I rarely go into the movie section or Aliens and Robots, Marvel, and DC because of all of the drama.

I still think Sideshow and Hot Toys prices are getting ridiculous these days, though. :)

I really wanted to do a mini clone display with those and Gree but decided on the Commander Cody PF instead. Only bc he has my name lol

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Before I started the 1/6 clones I almost went with the PF, looks great online can only imagine it in person. I still need to find an IG-88 though once I pay off Wolffe to finish my Bounty Hunters.

I think $200 is my limit on Cody, so I'll probably never have one. I was going to avoid all prequel toys, but Grievous changed that and Cody's the only clone I'd probably ever want. He's pretty cool looking.

Grievous has been tempting me for about a month but I havent pulled the trigger on him yet... If I do he'll probably be the last PT figure I get I think before I go back to focusing on OT.

Even though it is PT. :wink1:

:lol

Just one more PT fig I'll pick up is Dooku, then I'll be done forever :yess:

You won't regret it...one of Sideshow's best ever.

I look forward to it for sure.
One of us, one of us!!!

tumblr_m379otzqCh1ro2c2ro8_400.gif

:yess:

Now I have to get on those mods. Maybe I'll send you a PM and you can cliff notes me the stuff that needs to be done.

Panny ain't makin' em no more. They made the best Plasmas. Pretty sure you can still buy em though...

I read that. That fawking sux! I've been a huge supported of Pan plasmas, sux they are stopping.
The newsletter hints that on May 4th, there will be previews and preorders. :rock

Hope for some more OT goodness :rock :rock :rock :rock

I hate when work is so busy I can't keep up with ti 'tina. Next week I'm going to make everyone sick of me.

Bring it :panic:

I stick to about a couple dozen threads now. I used to peruse the whole board, but not even close anymore. I stopped visiting the Movies/TV section all together, same with Marvel and pretty much all the board really. I check my subscribed threads everyday and once a week or so I'll venture out to see if there's anything new, but gone are they days of being all over the board.

Damn, I had no idea Cody was going for so much these days. I practically couldn't give Gree away :lol

This board certainly isn't what it use to. That's why I stick to a handful of threads and ignore the rest.

Looks like USPS didn't lose my Cody, finally arrived today and found these two at TRU. :D

upy5e6u7.jpg

Congrats!

:lol

Just one more PT fig I'll pick up is Dooku, then I'll be done forever :yess:

Only a Sith deal in absolutes.

Damn, I just quoted the PT. :panic:

This board certainly isn't what it use to. That's why I stick to a handful of threads and ignore the rest.

Spoken like a true old fart '05er.

05-09 I will say were the best years around here.

I joined in January '06, 8 freaking years ago :google....that's crazy to think about.

DW said:
Only a Sith deal in absolutes.

Damn, I just quoted the PT. :panic:

:panic: :panic: :panic:

I think my first round for joining was around '05 too...

I still think Sideshow and Hot Toys prices are getting ridiculous these days, though. :)

I've always been somewhat ok with the slight increase in pricing over the years from them, working in purchasing myself I understand it, .... but I think it really hit me yesterday when I saw that the Superman PF was starting to ship and got excited... then realized that's a $400 hit! :thud: It kinda just sunk in. wow.

I've always been somewhat ok with the slight increase in pricing over the years from them, working in purchasing myself I understand it, .... but I think it really hit me yesterday when I saw that the Superman PF was starting to ship and got excited... then realized that's a $400 hit! :thud: It kinda just sunk in. wow.

I got Superman too. WOOHOO!!! :rock

Back