(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

1. Who is Leeann, and which one in the photo is she?

2. I don't plan on seeing that one. I like the Rock, but for some reason I'm not excited about it... I'm sure I'll see it eventually...

1. She's the one on the left.

2. What? You see everything!

Not trying to rub salt in the wounds of those wishing to be here. Another one is in the books. :) Dad and I had a great time and Dad is pushing to come back next year and do it again.

Looks like you had another great year.

Ben, I finished Godzilla: Final Wars this morning. That movie had everything but the kitchen sink. 15 monsters, aliens AND mutants. Wow! :lol

10362943_10152599262804752_1287417156347203108_n.jpg

I have a close friend that's getting a set of that armor.

As iconic as that score is, it wouldn't have fit in with the tone of MoS. The Reeve movies were much more lighthearted than MoS. MoS was more a "grown up" movie for Superman fans.

I watched it again last night, and I have to say I enjoyed it and saw something new again.

It is more grown-up. Less camp. More emotion. There was so much conflict.

I loved how you could see that Superman was all brawn and no training. He was brawling the entire time, hence the length of the fight scenes. He had no training and it showed. He was untrained and easily taken out be a coordinated strike. His anger and heart are all that helped him win.

I enjoyed his interaction with the government right up to the end. They are trying to keep tabs on him to control him... and he's not having it. He was not widely accepted, he was feared.

He has regrets, with his father's death, Zod.

It truly is compelling if you look at it from another angle.

Needless to say.... I will want at least three of these !!!!

TIE-Pilot1.jpg

No hard feelings at all. I wasn't really missing the whole experience to be honest. But, when Sunday afternoon rolled around, I remembered the dinner and ice cream thing you guys always do. I never made a Freak party, but had a blast each time I got to hang with your group. Great people! So I was just a little bummed about that this evening.

It's so cool that your dad loves the show now, and that you get to share it together.

What are your initial thoughts Josh? Think you might try to return next year?

You know we'd love to have you at CVII though... :lecture

I didn't do the ice cream thing or the dinner this year myself. Dad and I had a dinner out just the two of us because we hadn't had a chance to do that until then.

Yeah, I think it is. He started going just to go but he's really grown to love the event and the Marvel stuff specifically. I really enjoy dragging him out there.

The con was pretty fantastic as usual. Outside the usual nonsense so that is to be expected. Product wise for me nothing beats what Weta had. That Balrog, Smaug, Bard, Faramir, and Thror on Throne were just fantastic. Sideshow had a great booth. That court of the Dead stuff is freaking great! The SW 1:6 is Goin to blow you guys away I when you get them all because I think it's some of SS best stuff. King and Ben will both love the Pin Head and Godzilla respectively. The HY stuff was really cool as well but I didn't pay a ton of attention to it.

As far as going back next year. It's looking like we might put off retirement one more year.

I'd love to go but things during the school year are really difficult.

^ Glad you had a good time. I was sooo tempted to ask you to get some Yoda things for me, but I didn't want to burden you with that. I know how crazy SDCC is. It's hard enough to get the things that you want for yourself, and find room to pack everything safely for the journey home... I appreciate the pictures you took, and look forward to hearing more stories/info you may have heard which you may think we'd be interested in hearing... We all have to live vicariously through you!

Back