(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Not much action in here today...
The ebay app failed me today. I'm kinda pissed. I had 3 items to bid on, all the same. But they ended like 20 seconds apart. I was unable to bid on ANY of them. The app was just too slow! I couldn't type the amount on my bid in. I kept pressing the numbers, but nothing appeared. I had to press it like 20 times for each number, but the auction had ended by then. One item ended at $2.00. I could have had a super bargain! I'm ticked...

I've decided I am quitting 1/6 for good. I realized when I started worrying about using so much of my disposable income on all the announced stuff I want that I don't really enjoy it enough considering how much I pay for it. I feel like even on unlimited budget I wouldn't feel right about it. Which is not to say I don't love it and admire the craftsmanship...I just don't want to own it anymore.

I don't know if that will make sense but there it is. :lol

I'm not going anywhere though. You guys are still my best SW buddies. :)

I hear you, Thom. I wish I could look at all the SDCC reveals and just say "Those are nice."

I sure need to! :lol

I hear you, Thom. I wish I could look at all the SDCC reveals and just say "Those are nice."

Exactly. And Ive become obsessive so it's hard for me to know something is "missing" from my collection. That leads to the Dark Side. :lol

Needless to say.... I will want at least three of these !!!!

TIE-Pilot1.jpg
Ill grab one if I see them around here brother!
I've decided I am quitting 1/6 for good. I realized when I started worrying about using so much of my disposable income on all the announced stuff I want that I don't really enjoy it enough considering how much I pay for it. I feel like even on unlimited budget I wouldn't feel right about it. Which is not to say I don't love it and admire the craftsmanship...I just don't want to own it anymore.

No Never quit! Just grab new Caps as they come and your favorite SW pieces.

We have all been there. I know it.

I got all over the place and realized I needed to re-focus. I have too many loves, but only a few passions.

For example, this year for sure all zombies will go... but all Star Wars will stay.

All comic action figures will go, but Batman Action Figures will stay.

Lego will be revolve around a Batcave and Tattoine set but that is all.

It works.

If I miss something... I live with it. I don't care. I don't allow myself to pay over retail for anything anymore. If I didn't get it at the time, I am not paying more for it. I will NOT track it down and pay more. I had one grail and my Brother Waller helped me there. I don't need anything like that anymore.

Set your limits. If you can't have something then let it go.
There are tons I don't have... and I live with it.

But as I sat in my room and looked around I was still happy. But I noticed where my true love was and that is what made this year's OT announcements so great for me.

If you find you cannot live with the limits you have set, then let it go. But I would rather see a few memorable pieces in my room than none.

If that makses sense.

I think you have. You have done well indeed. I admire you for it. I also admire your focus which has helped me focus as well.

It sucks as we come from such a magical time in history where so many memories were made and nostalgia hits to the core.
I know in the past I would have had to have the BTTF and Robocop pieces.. not anymore. I am fine. But the Luke and R2 and 3PO ... Those are part of my core for so long... I would love to have them and display them.

Ill grab one if I see them around here brother!

Thanks bro ! I appreciate it that a lot !

I admire your ability to do that. I can't stop. It's an addiction. I find it difficult to even sell off the crap I have. Selling on Ebay is time consuming! I actually posted some new crap this week for the first time in many months. I had just been relisting stuff over and over for a while. Finally put some new goods up there. But that doesn't mean they will sell... I need to sell more BD's or DVD's. Anything out of print or rare should be sold, so I can strike while it's hot! I'm always waiting too long, like with Disney movies. I could have unloaded the DVD's while they were in the vault. Now that the BD's are out, the DVD's are worthless. :monkey2

Exactly. And Ive become obsessive so it's hard for me to know something is "missing" from my collection. That leads to the Dark Side. :lol
Then I guess I'm a Sith! I am totally on the Dark Side when it comes to acquiring missing stuff...

Didn't someone in here say that Batman '66 will have individual seasons released? I'm not seeing any info on that, only the big expensive box set... Currently $152 + tax at WBshop, using coupon RETAILME20HE

Didn't someone in here say that Batman '66 will have individual seasons released? I'm not seeing any info on that, only the big expensive box set... Currently $152 + tax at WBshop, using coupon RETAILME20HE

Yeap At around $40 retail each. So maybe $30 when they hit.

When do they charge ?

Fury I just wanted to thank you so much for my secret Santa gifts, so awesome it's all stuff I don't have awesome graphic novels and even some stuff I've never heard of, thanks again I love everything!!! :)

I'd post pictures but I don't know how on the board from my iPod.

^ Glad you had a good time. I was sooo tempted to ask you to get some Yoda things for me, but I didn't want to burden you with that. I know how crazy SDCC is. It's hard enough to get the things that you want for yourself, and find room to pack everything safely for the journey home... I appreciate the pictures you took, and look forward to hearing more stories/info you may have heard which you may think we'd be interested in hearing... We all have to live vicariously through you!

Thank ya :) I've still got 1150 photos to go through plus videos so SDCC isn't quite done yet. :lol I sucked at getting anything this year. I tried to snag a few things but didn't have any luck when I did. I can share some stuff. If anyone has any questions just ask.

I did ask about the speeder and it is not polystone.

Wanted to say a big thanks to my secret Santa. Coming home to all the Middle-earth goodies was great! Love the hand drawn Gandalf as well. :rock

Thank ya :) I've still got 1150 photos to go through plus videos so SDCC isn't quite done yet. :lol I sucked at getting anything this year. I tried to snag a few things but didn't have any luck when I did. I can share some stuff. If anyone has any questions just ask.

I did ask about the speeder and it is not polystone.

Glad to hear that... would seem like a real wtf decision :lol Glad that Sideshow is getting comfortable making larger items in plastic like this and I assume the Probe Droid.

Glad to hear that... would seem like a real wtf decision :lol Glad that Sideshow is getting comfortable making larger items in plastic like this and I assume the Probe Droid.

I initially thought it was because it looked really good but I asked at the SS party to make sure. It's an awesome looking piece y'all are going to love it.

For the first time in years I was totally able to just look at pics and admire but not want. I can appreciate the new products but really have no desire to own 99.9% of it. I'll be getting BTTF Marty but mostly because with rewards points it should be free.

For the first time in years I was totally able to just look at pics and admire but not want. I can appreciate the new products but really have no desire to own 99.9% of it. I'll be getting BTTF Marty but mostly because with rewards points it should be free.
Im new to this hobby still. My desire is at an all time high to get almost all of the SW figures besides the clones. I need help.

Dude, I don't blame you one bit. I know all too well about the addiction and struggles to quit. If you can just focus and stick with 1-2 things you like. The more you do that, the less you want everything else.

I noticed that earlier. WTF. They're really testing to see if IM fans will buy anything. :lol

Im new to this hobby still. My desire is at an all time high to get almost all of the SW figures besides the clones. I need help.

For most, in the beginning, there is the frenzy stage where you just have to get it all. Then usually once that fades you begin to focus more. Just don't go in over your head and realize "WTF, was I thinking?" and then sell it all. I've seen that happen more than a few times to collectors.

Back