(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Legend is a great movie... it's gotta cheese factor some can't get down with, but I've always loved it.

If you get a chance check out the version with the Jerry Goldsmith score... much better (IMO) than the horrid Tangerine Dream version. Even when I was younger I always felt the music was just weird and out of place with the film. The Goldsmith score makes everything better.

I owned it on DVD, but not Blu-ray. Maybe I need to get it someday.

I have always loved Legend. It's definitely one of my all time favorites. I remember watching a behind-the-scenes special on Nickelodeon hosted by Leonard Nimoy when it first came out and being very intrigued by the movie. I also was interested because Bryan Ferry did Is Your Love Strong Enough for the soundtrack. When I finally got to watch it a year or so after its initial run, I was captivated by it. It was visually stunning, and I always took it fairly seriously, i.e. I didn't really pick up on any cheese except for the few bits of humor that were there. I've watched both cuts, and I'm torn about which I like better. I got used to watching the original, so I'm used to watching Darkness early on. AND he looks freaking amazing bathed in blue light with his glowing green eyes. But I can see the drama in keeping him hidden until his reveal when he steps out of the mirror. And I was never bothered by the TD soundtrack. I kinda missed it when I watched the other cut!

Watching it recently I noticed something about the Gump. He introduces himself to Jack saying, "Can you be a child of the Forrest and not know the Gump?" Forrest Gump?

I do miss the earlier reveal of Darkness... especially the blue with green eyes. If they could have kept that part with the new music, I'd have been even happier, but I understand why it's not there.

And when I refer to the cheese it's not so much that I feel the movie is particularly cheesey (over the top, yes, but awsomely so) but for those that have not seen it before they seem to not "get it" the same way people who grew up watching it do.

I didn't even know there was alternate music, I'll have to check that out.

Yeah, when I was young I'd heard about their being a different soundtrack but that it was non-existent.

I believe it's on the Blu Ray... I have the DVD set from a few years back, but I think if you buy the Blu (which isn't much on Amazon) it comes with both versions.

Star Lord $235. slippery slope where walking down!

And I kind of get it... that's a pretty complicated figure. But damn; DX Luke was only $100 more and was 2 figures.

Both versions are on the Blu-ray. It's a shame they didn't keep the awesome artwork the DVD release had, though.

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Ultimate-Edition-Blu-ray-Cruise/dp/B004QSQML8/

Yeah, that cover is poopy looking. I was just weeding out my movie collection and was really tempted to keep the cooler looking DVD packaging and just swapping the Blu Ray over... but the conformist in me screams against doing this even though the DVD's *and really the Blus too) are worth nothing :lol

Yeah, that cover is poopy looking. I was just weeding out my movie collection and was really tempted to keep the cooler looking DVD packaging and just swapping the Blu Ray over... but the conformist in me screams against doing this even though the DVD's *and really the Blus too) are worth nothing :lol

Escape From New York was the same way. Awesome DVD cover. Photoshop **** on Blu-ray.

Flo, glad to hear you're getting away for a bit. Enjoy it with the ones you love and forget about the rest of the world...

Anyone want to buy a sealed exclusive TOD Indy PF? Ugh, the buyers of our house have a an expensive list of stuff that they want fixed and we have no money to pay for it so it looks like I'm being forced to sell stuff I don't want to. :(

$100? Wasn't it only $65 more? $300 for Luke?

Crap, you're right... I guess it was an even better deal than I remembered :lol So yeah, $65 more for 2 sister****ing Luke's, a weathervane and a ton of stuff.

Anyone want to buy a sealed exclusive TOD Indy PF? Ugh, the buyers of our house have a an expensive list of stuff that they want fixed and we have no money to pay for it so it looks like I'm being forced to sell stuff I don't want to. :(

Will your insurance cover any of it?

Are you sure there's no other way? Isnt your focus on TOD....I dont see how the fixes are your problem if they want the house. Im no retail expert though.

Are you sure there's no other way? Isnt your focus on TOD....I dont see how the fixes are your problem if they want the house. Im no retail expert though.

I think they can stipulate that in the purchase agreement.

Back