Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 731 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 7310
  1. #21

    Default Re: Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

    No offense to those getting this one, but I am glad I cancelled. The 1989 looks a lot better in style and look and this one does not look like much of an approvement of the 1st one.

  2. Collectibles Direct UK-300x250 Entertainment Earth 250x250-NFL Collectibles Direct UK-300x250
  3. #22
    Batmod MODERATOR
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Posts
    22,055
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Reputation
    89 is a better figure. But Begins is IMO the better suit.

    HT's Begins figure still has a fair amount of room for improvement, even apart from the finish of the suit.
    Click below to watch my band's music video

  4. #23
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    2,211
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by CollectorNC View Post
    No offense to those getting this one, but I am glad I cancelled. The 1989 looks a lot better in style and look and this one does not look like much of an approvement of the 1st one.
    To be fair, the 1989 doesn't have anything to compare it to like this one has. I recommend both if a person has the means. But, if I had to chose, I'd probably go with 89 Bats too.

    Quote Originally Posted by intothevoid View Post
    89 is a better figure. But Begins is IMO the better suit.

    HT's Begins figure still has a fair amount of room for improvement, even apart from the finish of the suit.
    We knew they were reusing the old body though. The finish, like it or not, is the change there. I don't know, for my taste, the more I look at it the more I like the new finish. But, I don't have a BB figure yet, so it's a win for me no matter what.

  5. #24
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,699
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    How do you take off the body suit without ripping it? Not that I could afford to upgrade it but just curious.

  6. #25
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    2,211
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by K07 View Post
    How do you take off the body suit without ripping it? Not that I could afford to upgrade it but just curious.
    Why bother? The body is the same as the OC version. If you want that finish, buy an OC version and pick up TF extras. I don't think you can remove the suit on these at all without wrecking the figure.

  7. #26
    Is the finish too much of a matte or something?

  8. #27
    Here on the Perimeter
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    13,327
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Thanks for the Review!

    No mention of the cape in the review though unless I missed it.

    Isn't it different (material), besides the clip thing?

    Also, I've seen some video reviews where it seems this figure is MORE articulated than the OC. I had the OC and the arms basically couldn't be raised above shoulder level, then in some vid reviews some said and showed the arms raised much higher.

  9. #28
    Batmod MODERATOR
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Posts
    22,055
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by CollectorNC View Post
    Is the finish too much of a matte or something?
    Too matt and it's actually painted for some unknown reason, hence potential for paint to crack/chip/etc

    The original is more shiny (though some people have originals which are also matt), and the suit is not painted at all
    Click below to watch my band's music video

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by intothevoid View Post
    Too matt and it's actually painted for some unknown reason, hence potential for paint to crack/chip/etc

    The original is more shiny (though some people have originals which are also matt), and the suit is not painted at all
    The best part is the Bale head. Still a remarkable sculpt.

  11. #30
    So glad I didn't buy this. Methinks the production of this figure was rushed.

Page 3 of 731 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Batman/Bruce Wayne Hot Toys figure
    By odellwyoung34 in forum DC Comics- action figures
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 01:41 AM
  2. Hot Toys Batman Begins Bruce Wayne
    By small_studios in forum Sideshow items for auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 03:07 PM
  3. FS: Parts HOT TOYS BATMAN BEGINS / BRUCE WAYNE
    By Padrinno in forum For Sale/Trade- Action Figures
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 12:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •