DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

The Red Hood design may be the first from the Arkham series that I hate. I will just pick up the new 52 version.
You can hardly judge the design from the MATTEL figure of all things, I'd wait for either the DCC version of an HD screenshot to get a better feel for the design. Besides, RS Bane is far worse than this design.

You can hardly judge the design from the MATTEL figure of all things, I'd wait for either the DCC version of an HD screenshot to get a better feel for the design. Besides, RS Bane is far worse than this design.

Origins Bane was a decent design.

I am not a fan of the Gamestop photo. Jason of all the characters has the most real world design. His should have been the easiest to adapt.

Origins Bane was a decent design.

I am not a fan of the Gamestop photo. Jason of all the characters has the most real world design. His should have been the easiest to adapt.
Oh, I love the Origins Bane design but RS didn't design that one WBM did as you probably already know. While I agree your point, we still need a higher quality image to work off of in order to fairly judge it.

Oh, I love the Origins Bane design but RS didn't design that one WBM did as you probably already know. While I agree your point, we still need a higher quality image to work off of in order to fairly judge it.

Origins Bane does kind of explain Asylum and City Bane. Still not my favorite design. Joker, Croc, and Batman have been nailed in every game. I love all their looks.

I thought Origins Bane was the best Bane design we've gotten in years. Very much in spirit with the original Bane in Knightfall while paying tribute to TDKR with the military aesthetic. Rocksteady's Bane was the exact opposite and really misguided in its execution (though AO sort of fixed that by showing that it wasn't what Bane "normally" looked like and more of a side-effect of the Titan formula). Though to be honest I just loved AO's grounded designs a lot more than the grungy vibe of AA and AC (the CG animations were much more refined too).

Anyway, I don't mind the new Red Hood design. It's an interesting take for sure, and while original Red Hood's design was already good (even if I dislike the character), this one doesn't seem too far removed from the spirit of the original.

Surprised no one posted pics of the Arkham figures shown on SDCC... here is what I could find.

SDCC-2014-DC-Collectibles-Arkham-Knight-001.jpg

SDCC-2014-DC-Collectibles-Arkham-Knight-002.jpg

SDCC-2014-DC-Collectibles-Arkham-Knight-003.jpg

SDCC-2014-DC-Collectibles-Arkham-Knight-004.jpg

SDCC-2014-DC-Collectibles-Arkham-Knight-005.jpg

SDCC-2014-DC-Collectibles-Arkham-Knight-006.jpg

SDCC-2014-DC-Collectibles-Arkham-Knight-007.jpg

SDCC-2014-DC-Collectibles-Arkham-Knight-008.jpg

SDCC-2014-DC-Collectibles-Arkham-Knight-009.jpg

SDCC-2014-DC-Collectibles-Arkham-Knight-010.jpg

SDCC-2014-DC-Collectibles-Arkham-Knight-011.jpg

Yeah I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about these figures. But I guess with the game being delayed, plus all the other awesome SDCC reveals recently, these kinda got overlooked.
Personally I think they all look great, especially Scarecrow, and I'm sure once the game gets closer to release we'll have a new wave of figures revealed and much more excitement about them all!

AK and Scarecrow look like the best of the bunch. Batman looks a bit pin-headed (though I always thought the same in AA and AC so whatever), and Harley's facial features need to be a bit on the softer/rounded side, not to mention she just looks dead bored with the expression they gave her.

Batman looks soooooo terrible....

that tiny little pea head is just wrong

I'm not feeling a lot of Rocksteady's designs from Arkham Knight. The figure of Batman does not look too good, the shoulder areas in particular. Hoping the gameplay is as good as previous games!

the designs stray too far from the previous games (mainly due to the Hyper realism the ps4 can achieve) arkham knight looks fine, but looking at batmans proportional body and then seeing how tiny the head is on it is stupid, and any sculptor would see that. all the batmans have tiny heads compared to the rest of the line, its a lame attempt and forced perspective and it doesnt work, wish theyd clue in already

Finally took a picture of my GCPD SWAT with Branden, and my Black Mask goons with their Boss:
CW4f56.jpg

Here's another different kind of goon I assembled, the Martial Artist:
IODnxS.jpg

G9ekyn.jpg

Reference (I'll be adding a swappable head once I get it re-casted, and a belt):
wddGJ3.png

Where the idea came from:
NlcTwu.jpg

Scarecrow looks incredible, once Batmans head is scaled better it will be an easy buy for me. It looks a bit better here than the first promotional images.

Does anyone know what's a good price to sell the Batman vs Bane pack? For ebay. I bought it for around $40, I want to make a few bucks off it.

Back