1/6 COMMANDO/REDHEAT/DIEHARD/BEYONDTHELAW/FIGHTCLUB ~ elämän merimies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 COMMANDO/RED HEAT ~ elämän merimies WIP Custom kitbash

Ok. I've had many quaries about the insignia, so I'll post here how I made them. Very simple really. Here's what you need:

IMG_4132_vintage.jpg

- red cotton band
- shiny peach/natural white silk band
- (clear) paper glue
- (gold) old christmas deco for the stars (use what you can find, dunno what else to use)

1. First drown the red strand (< is this the right word?) in the paper glue (this will prevent it from unraveling when you cut it) let it set for awhile and cut it in right size (12 x 25mm should be fine or just mesure the shoulder of the jacket).
2. Then do the same with the peach strand (size 5 x 23mm).
3. Use the glue (same or super glue) to attach the peach ribbon to the red and there you go.

4. Then it's all about cutting the stars. It's a _____, but judging by your feedback, it seems to be worth it. Really hard to get them the right size. Even mine are too big, but they'll have to do...

There. Very simple. Dunno how else to explain it... hope it helps.

I'll be back with more pics, but there's not much to shoot at here... so, is there anything you'd like to see in particular?

Thanks for the insignia guide mate

That Commando looks fantastic. Could easily be an actual Hot Toys release. Great detailing throughout.

Let’s all encourage him to do” RUNNING MAN”.

Absolutely amazing work. Can't wait to see more!

Thanks for all the great feedback guys... I'm just really, really lazy. With two kids running around, it ain't always easy to find the intrest... but I'm working on some new pics as we speak.
Let's just see how long it will take to post them :D

So what Arnold Character is next?

Let’s all encourage him to do” RUNNING MAN”.

All my customs have really started to come together from a simple realisation.
With Commando it came when I first layed my eyes on the Billy Sole vest. Then and there I knew how it could be used for Matrix and everything else started falling in place. So I basicly had this whole figure planned out when HT Billy Sole was released, but didn't have the nerve to start working on it... I was basicly too afraid of the cost. Which is ironical as the wait came to cost me even more...
But on-a-side-note, nowadays I think I would use the vest a bit differently though. Maybe at the very least remove some of the stuffing, it just makes the figure look a bit too fluffy (in the film the vest seems thinner)...

And what made Ivan Danko come together was really the jacket&hat... well, that's basicly the whole figure right there, but I knew it could be done once I located them :)

But with a Running Man - Ben Richards... I just wouldn't know where to start looking. Well, maybe the knock-off Bruce Lee GOD suits might be a good start, but I think the Running man suit is a bit too complex for me to pull-off... and I would need to buy a sewing machine first. So, I guess that would be a no then?

But what I really would like to do next is Blain (Predator) or John McClane (Die Hard), but both are tricky due to the headsculpt.
I dont want to pay 100+ USD just for a (painted) headsculpt that I feel is not even spot-on in the first place. Although the Rocco Tartamella Blain sculpt is certainly very good, judging by the photos I feel it might be a little too big for HT bodys? + I dont even know if it's still available...
I might just be trying to find excuses as dunno how much I really want to embark on this mission? Blain too seems like alot of work/money...
McClane seems simpler, but I really dunno about the sculpts... all seem off to me somehow. The up-coming Art Figures sculpt seems good, but is (sadly) bald :(
I guess sculpting hair cant be all that difficult, but still...

Yes, I would love to see a Blain done by you...I have yet to be really impressed with the customs of him that I have seen so far.

Your work is really mind blowing !

...any chance of doing a Bruce Lee figure in the future ?

I check out this Commando custom all the time. I LOVE it. Wish I could try and make one for myself, but it seems just about impossible to get a T2 Arnold head these days.

I'm pretty sure, sooner or later someone will start cranking out recast that are just as good as an original.

I hope so, that would be great. I actually have a spare T-800 body ready to go too, so thats all I'd need to get started.

I check out this Commando custom all the time. I LOVE it. Wish I could try and make one for myself, but it seems just about impossible to get a T2 Arnold head these days.

I'm pretty sure, sooner or later someone will start cranking out recast that are just as good as an original.

I hope so, that would be great. I actually have a spare T-800 body ready to go too, so thats all I'd need to get started.
If you can paint, maybe these could work?
https://cgi.ebay.com/TA73-01-1-6-Ac...566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b300dc6e
https://cgi.ebay.com/custom-made-T2...754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb51a2392
The eyes on the first one would need a little touch up and ofcourse the bd on the second. Haven't seen these upclose, but they dont really look that bad... might be an easy touch-up?
I also remember seeing very good (clean version, no bd) recast/knock-off heads on eBay right before T1 was announced. I think the seller was little_box or e_box or something like that. Even the paintapps seemed quite good. + he had a large supply of them.

And there were atleast one original head on eBay yesterday only 49.99USD + a few auctions. Would have bid myself, but shipping was stricktly US. Maybe you should go check out e(vil)Bay...

Oh and thanks for the compliments.

Last edited:

Finally got a T-800 head along with all the hands. It's on :D

Thanks again for the inspiration, Elaman :)

:lecture First of all, thank you :) you're welcome.

- -

Ok, The Son™ is finally back in daycare, so I had a little time for the hobby again.
Took Matrix down from it's shelf and did some long over due tweaking to the Valmet (AK47)...

Modifications:
- added lenght for the barrel
- bi-pod (hadn't really even noticed it before)
- front sight, turned around
- sling added

It's not perfect, but niether am I.

So, here it is + a quick snap of Matrix in full gear. Still missing binoculars, though... Seems like there's always room for improvement.

00_Valmet_update.jpg
00_COMMANDO_UPDATE.jpg

:lecture First of all, thank you :) you're welcome.

- -

Ok, The Son™ is finally back in daycare, so I had a little time for the hobby again.
Took Matrix down from it's shelf and did some long over due tweaking to the Valmet (AK47)...

Modifications:
- added lenght for the barrel
- bi-pod (hadn't really even noticed it before)
- front sight, turned around
- sling added

It's not perfect, but niether am I.

So, here it is + a quick snap of Matrix in full gear. Still missing binoculars, though... Seems like there's always room for improvement.

00_Valmet_update.jpg
00_COMMANDO_UPDATE.jpg

:clap:clap:clap Just mind blowing work my friend!!!!

This has to be one of the best customs in the history of customs... every time I look at this, it blows my mind..congrats Elaman :clap

Hot Toys should take a hint, and make one like this for all of us.

That's fantastic. Please advise how you made the rear stock for the Valmet? Could you make one for me?

Back