Kojun Jack Sparrow Scam by granado.espada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazukijun

Super Freak
Reaction score
Original Sale Thread over here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45596

This is a little lengthy but pls bear with me, I pm him asking what figures would he be willing to trade. Turns out I have most of the figures that he wanted and was willing to trade his Kojun Jack Sparrow with me.

At first, I was skeptical if he really did have the figure.The way he took the photos and posted it was very real and he even said that it was Darklord Dave's idea to take the photos in such a manner, with the writings to prove that its true that he owns the figure.
But well, to totally make me believe he have the figure, he did a webcam for me and yes indeed, he have the figure with him. He even post it abit and wave jack around my eyes........
So I was convinced that he did have the figure and we agreed on the trade.
This are the figures that I sent off to him

Medicom MGS4 Olive Drab Snake
DiD Samurai 1/6 Toyotomi Hideyoshi INTERNATIONAL VERSION
DiD Samurai 1/6 Oda Nobunaga INTERNATIONAL VERSION
DiD Samurai 1/6 Takeda Shingen INTERNATIONAL VERSION
DiD Samurai 1/6 Date Masamune INTERNATIONAL VERSION

Total cost including shipping to the Philippines= SGD $1100

We promised to send the figures asap to each other by EMS express shipping, since the value is quite high and EMS is more secured with tracking no. provided.

I sent my figures out on last wednesday afternoon and gave him the tracking no. He said he will sent out his Kojun Jack Sparrow first thing on thursday morning. On Thursday itself, he left me a msg on msn with the tracking no. and said he will talk to me again as he is busy with university classes at night. Also he told me that there is no way to track the item while it is in the phillipines post office (This is true, as I check the philipines post office website and their tracking service is under construction). He said that tracking will only be available when the item reaches my country and asked me to go to www.speedpost.com.sg (my country's local tracking site) to check it.

Well, there was only one problem the tracking no. he gave me was exactly the same as the tracking no. I gave him, except that he changed the last two alphabet from SG to PH.

My tracking no.
ER330301152SG
His tracking no.
ER330301152PH

I msg him on msn asking what was wrong and he said he mixed up and gave me another tracking no. LT370960224PH and told me I could call the post office to check. I made an overseas call or rather I called about 3 times to the Philippines post office and they said that no such item was available. Also they informed me that all items sent by express mail should begin with the letter E.

I asked him again on msn and he told me that he sent it by a company called DHL (which is totally different from EMS express mail). Nvm, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and called dhl......the DHL personnel informed me that all their tracking numbers are just numbers with no alphabets.

So another lie.....confronted him again and he said he will scan the receipt for me....and poof he went offline. After that, he remained uncontactable and he never reply to my pms, email or msn msgs.

And the best part, he had the guts to msg me on Sunday saying that he had receive my figures and ask me if theres any news of Jack? Of course, theres no news because he never did sent it!!! He then told me that its weird and he will can the receipt again.......wow and then he went offline.

well, It has been almost a week since we agreed on the trade and I have received nothing....zilch, while he has all my figures to play with

I totally regretted doing this trade, because he is a rip off....I admit it was a big mistake on my part to have trusted a person who has 0 feedback on the SSF board and he didn't even have an ebay account!

I was totally blinded by how he took the photos and the webcam and in my moment of foolishness was cheated of $1100 SGD worth of figures.

I am going to lodge a formal report with the Philippines authorities, it may or may not help but I'm not going to let his guy have a good time playing with my figures, while he laughs at me.

This guy is a disgrace to the toy collecting community and I hope his University finds out about it, so that they know what type of bad students they have in their University.

If anyone in the Philippines is willing to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

This guy is a 101% scammer/fraud/cheater
Please inform everyone that you know, so that they will not be as unlucky or foolish as me to fall prey into his little scam.

Please help to spread the word!

Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very sorry this happened to you. I hope you can get payback. This really sucks.

Sorry to hear about this. Please post this in the feedback thread so others can be warned there as well.

I hope everything works out. That's a good deal of money to be scammed out of....but considering he has not been honest with the tracking information or his phone number, makes me doubt that this will turn out well for you. Good luck with the authorities...hopefully they will be able to help you out. And hopefully you kept copies of all your communication with him....that should help your case.

What a sad story :-(

But I am still hoping the Kojun arrives with you Kazukijun, although chances are small I admit.
(or that he returns your figures)

Sorry to hear this man, I really hope things somehow work out for you! I appreciate the feedback. I also remember the thread and had a REAL good feeling he was a scammer, it just had the feel to it.

Again sorry man

Another scammer,im very sorry to hear this man.

I try to avoid trades at all cost,because when he gets them,he might just ^^^^ you over like he did with you...i either sell or buy...paypal always got your back.

Thanks for the support ppl!
However small my chances are, I'm not resting without putting up a fight.

Please do help to spread the news on any other toy forums that u may be in, so that no other collectors will fall prey to his little scheme.

Oh and he was just online just now viewing the show your shelves thread....of cos, he never did reply to my pm again.

This has happened alot with Kojuns work as well as Arnie Kims. Just keep in mind that most of those figures were made in really small quantities and only given to close friends of the artist. This is a disturbing story actually and im sorry you lost out on your items.

This has happened alot with Kojuns work as well as Arnie Kims. Just keep in mind that most of those figures were made in really small quantities and only given to close friends of the artist. This is a disturbing story actually and im sorry you lost out on your items.

It is indeed disturbing, because the fact that he actually owns the figure means he knows Kojun to a certain degree.

I wonder how Kojun will react knowing that someone he knows actually used his figures to scam ppl.

It is indeed disturbing, because the fact that he actually owns the figure means he knows Kojun to a certain degree.

I wonder how Kojun will react knowing that someone he knows actually used his figures to scam ppl.

Might be worth your time to contact Kojun with this issue. See if he has any insight for you.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I was drooling over that Sparrow too when he posted it. What a terrible person to do this!

You have this guys name and address,and if Kojun know who he gives these figures to he might know who he is,try to contact him.

Back