Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Custom Marvel Superheroes (and actors)

I've been a long time collector of Hot Toys. Their 1/6 scale Movie Masterpeice 1/6 collectable figures are the most phenomenal action figures I've ever seen or owned in my entire life (at 43). The hard work and precision to the costumes to the HEAD SCULPTS (OMG) to the accessories to the boxes etc...... are only a few examples of why I love HTs as much as I do. They have created a "toy"/collectable/figure that surpasses anything that's come before it. Hot Toys products are state-of-the-art. I also however, love to make my own figures (customize). Customizing a figure or making a ONE-OF-A-KIND Figure allows me express myself through the art of figure making. It creates a deeper emotional connection between myself and my figures. So I've spent the last year bashing (like several others do) Hot Toys head sculpts with Phicen/Tbl bodies. Like HTs, Phicen/TBL is also the current leader in world of 1/6 scale seamless bodies. Nothing fancy or extraordinary here, they're just simple customs. But the following are pics of the Marvel characters I've bashed since the beginning of 2016 that have brought me many hours of fun and provided me with great satisfaction. Enjoy. Feel free to discuss.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmqZP7ipUdgn.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	365602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gRlkZuxEGTVH.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	284.6 KB 
ID:	365603 James Franco played "The Green Goblin" in Spider-Man III. I loved him in these movies, always being torn between his emotions. He was probably (at least IMO) the best actor to grace these movies. Not much of a bash here. I put the HTs sculpt on a Phicen M33 and presto, instant Franco!!!! The skin tone match is perfect and he looks great wearing anything from suits to sweats.

I can totally see Big Franco's Little Franco.

Name:	3ipIMYhDOdEh.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	255.2 KB 
ID:	365605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JbAxVnAwWbTf.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	365606Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VnmnWUEzKvSC.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	365607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wHsBLALHiu0B.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	365608 Scarlett Johansson, The Sexiest Woman Alive!!!! She is also one of the most talented actors to ever exist. From Broadway to Black Widow she is a real life super lady!!! This is the Avengers sculpt by HTS. I changed the hair so it looked more like her naturally. Put it on a Phicen S09C.

Name:	AVMNbkJtQfng.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	365613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2JOulUe5jUcP.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	266.5 KB 
ID:	365614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vdg71MkArFCl.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	365615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xfvViB9pb9TF.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	365616 Scarjo from the Winter Soldier. SJ looked amazing in this movie but I always thought the hair on the figure was too stiff. So I went for a darker color and longer length. To date, The Winter Soldier is however my favorite HTS sculpt of Johansson.

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalObserver View Post
    I can totally see Big Franco's Little Franco.
    Lol. It's the nature of the Phicen figures. Fully clothed-you can see "this" on the guys and "that" on the girls. All PG-13 here though fellas!!!! Let's keep it classy.

Name:	e5XnZM1vzQhO.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	365622Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reoABJOlGypo.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	365623Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bNEwXgf13jx7.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	365624Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CO5sCBbD2oUd.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	365627 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0WoDzxGq6vc4.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	173.7 KB 
ID:	365628 Another Scarlett Johansson (because she's just that H-O-T-T HOTT!!!!) - sculpt from Age of Ultron, body is Phicen S06B. Everyone slammed the hair when AOU BW came out. But compared to other figures with rooted hair, it's actually one of the easiest rooted hair figures to work with. Sculpt is the same as Winter Soldier but with different paint(s). It is perfection perfected!!!!

Name:	1ziPIYhe8Y3e.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	365636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vHwCptndYQch.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	365637 What can I say about Elizabeth Olsen? She is an amazing actress, yes! She is super hot, yes! Scarlet Witch is the most powerful Avenger ever, YES! So I did the bash to make her stand taller; look a little more grown up. And this is also the first time I actually cared about (somewhat) recreating the costume from the movie. No it's not movie accurate but it's close enough for me and the sculpt works wonders on a more mature looking body (Phicen S09C).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SmQ3IIJOsyKr.jpg  

Name:	L92osYtlJscM.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	229.6 KB 
ID:	365644 For Hugh Jackman/Wolverine I did care about recreating a movie accurate costume. Be very clear about this: Those 1/6 scale suit sets (coat, shirt, tie, pants; shoes) you see on ebay (or wherever) don't fit easily onto a Phicen body. And the shoes WILL NOT FIT. I had to use hollow vintage G.I.Joe boots on him to bring it together. I used the tall; lean Phicen M31 for this bash. I literally had to wrap the figure in plastic wrap before the suit would slide on. But Wolverine is my favorite so it was worth it. And the head sculpt I used is the HTS Wolverine Samuri.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drDgabyamCwP.jpg