1/6 Toys Works - Spiritual Leader (Morpheus)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I think as more Matrix figures present themselves -- Trinity, Smith, Neo 2 -- we may want to separate these threads.

And as there are other unlicensed threads about for Toys Era Joker, etc, I hope this will not offend anyone.

icon 1.jpg

I guess he made the short version of the Windsor knot and not the full knot. At 1/6th though, making a full Windsor knot might be too thick. I think you can futz the half-Windsor to angle correctly.

Here's some shots of mine with the new green tie.

And I'm no Doggiedoc, but I also took a shot at making some new, smaller glasses. The wire I used is magnetic enough that they hold on by themselves, but it's still about as weak as the stock glasses so I used some museum wax to secure them on a little better.

And I also heated up and narrowed the head a little, so it's not quite as wide as before. All I need now is to order a name plaque. :)

20200321_100432 (2).jpg

20200321_100249 (2).jpg

20200321_100409 (2).jpg

20200321_100734 (2).jpg

20200321_100801 (2).jpg

That looks great, davejames!

I've had mine in the above action pose since it arrived but I may switch it around to a more "Stoic" Morpheus pose. (It will also be less of a display space hog...)

I'm REALLY looking forward to receiving Trinity and Agent Smith now.

Thanks! And yeah the action pose I had him in before just took up too much space in the detolf, especially when I had to fit him in with Neo and his huge base.

I should probably just order a couple simple black bases from Coco instead.

Great work, davejames!

The tie is such a GREAT upgrade, isn't it? Its so strange that Toys Works made that the item to alter as if they wouldn't get in trouble because its not Morpheus with a purple tie. :lol

Your new glasses look nice too, although I might not have even noticed had you not said anything. Do you have a side-by-side to show off the difference?

Thanks. Here you go.

20200321_134444 (2).jpg

20200321_134356 (2).jpg

And here's a couple pics I took before being painted. Just connected the two lenses with one wire threaded through. I didn't bother with the nose pads, since they wouldn't be very visible anyway. I had trouble figuring out the exact size and shape, since they seem to look slightly different depending on the pic.

20200317_202351 (2).jpg

20200317_202247 (2).jpg

Wow -- that's an incredible difference. Great work. Really improves him instantly. Did you just use plastic for the lenses? How did you get the soft beveled edge?

Now this is one more thing I have to do. Dammit.

Yeah just pieces of styrene that I used some sanding tools to shape and round the top of. Not too complicated to do, but still some pretty fiddly, time-consuming work.

Looks well worth it.

I've never worked with styrene as much as I've heard about it from customizers. But maybe I'll give it a go on this.

I don't have Morpheus out right now, but are his glasses all metal? I wonder if I could just dremel his down to size?

I may pick this up. Are the ties available anywhere? How much are they? I have the Kato figure so would probably mix and match.

Looks well worth it.

I've never worked with styrene as much as I've heard about it from customizers. But maybe I'll give it a go on this.

I don't have Morpheus out right now, but are his glasses all metal? I wonder if I could just dremel his down to size?

Yeah you could probably dremel them, but you would probably flake off the black paint in the process and would need to sand and repaint after.

They can be expensive little items but would anyone be interested if DoggieDoc or Robbiethepainter were to offer a set of Morpheus glasses? They'd be the right shape and have the right reflectivity. Without the temples perhaps they would be a bit more reasonable.

Back