Indiana Jones Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll believe it when they start filming.

But the bit about a controversial McGuffin is intriguing. Wonder what it might be? Maybe along the DaVinci lines it's something about the descendants of Jesus.

Isn't Harrison Ford pushing 70 by now? I just can't imagine why anyone would want to see a 70 year old Indiana Jones. That would be like bringing back Sean Connery now to play James Bond.

Last edited:
DAR! Hairless, your header got me thinking there was a Sideshow announcement for Indy figures! Hopefully soon!!!

Indy!!! Indy!!! Indy!!!

whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif

TheObsoleteMan said:
Isn't Harsion Ford pushing 70 by now? I just can't imagine why anyone would want to see a 70 year old Indiana Jones. That would be like bringing back Sean Connery now to play James Bond.

That's been my feeling since the first I heard of part 4. I just can't see how they will pull this off adequately.

I don't have a problem with an older Indy, it's just that they will have to advance the storyline into the late 50's or early 60's to make up for his obvious aging. That time period doesn't have the nostalgia of the mid-40's that this series needs.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Isn't Harrison Ford pushing 70 by now? I just can't imagine why anyone would want to see a 70 year old Indiana Jones. That would be like bringing back Sean Connery now to play James Bond.

he's 63 and looks 53. :cool:

after seeing "Firewall", he can still do the indiana jones type stunts too.:chew

TheObsoleteMan said:

Actually, I think he's a little older than 60, he's a couple years older than George Lucas who turned 60 this year, so he should be around that age also. This has been one of my concerns also, I think he could have done really well if they started the movie like five years ago, it seems once someone starts getting old it starts to show very quickly.

It is interesting though that they are going to take a risk with the story, I wonder what it'll be? Hmmm...

EDIT: beat me to it

pixletwin said:
I would like to see Connery return to the Bond role actually.:cool:

Yeah I think Connery could still pull of a great Bond, with the right stunt double that is :D

tomandshell said:
I don't have a problem with an older Indy, it's just that they will have to advance the storyline into the late 50's or early 60's to make up for his obvious aging. That time period doesn't have the nostalgia of the mid-40's that this series needs.

I think the late 50's-early 60's would be great. It gives us a break from the tired Nazi formula...prehaps the Soviets will be involved in Indy4 somehow...there would be potential for cool new villians...

Indiana Jones? Thanks, but, no thanks! What I really like to see is Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams get together for

STAR WARS episode VII: the search for the dancing Wookiees

:chew:chew:chew

You know, I love Indy and the whole series. But I believe the time has passed on Indy. I wouldn't want them to f_ck it up, I think the first mistake was ditching the Frank Darabount script in favor of David Koepp's. I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. And I like the Phantom Menace. :monkey1

If they do it right it could be great. Ford still has some pluck left in him, and I'm sure Spielberg isn't going to make just any old crap. Of course if he turns it over to Joe Johnston to direct...then we know we're in trouble.

TheObsoleteMan said:

Honestly, I completely agree. Leave this series alone in my opinion. Don't ruin it like Star Wars....

Cheers,

Brad

Hmm... controversial, eh? All I can only come up with is Indiana Jones and the Holy Shroud?? Where Indy has to explain that the shroud of Turin, like so many other shrouds in history is a fake (complements of De Vinci) and has to find the actual shroud for some reason.

drbrad1975 said:
Don't ruin it like Star Wars....

If you mean ruin as in making sequels that are so great that they manage to eclipse the originals -- exposing them to be Ewok infested, stoneage f/x riddled nostalgia pieces... then I agree with you completely. :lol

:duff

Back