Death Star Window "Emperor's throne room"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOPIE

Super Freak
Reaction score
In anticipation and seeing several post about the Emperor and throne coming soon I thought well need a tread for it. So here are a few pics of my Death Star Window. Its about 2 feet in circumference and thats just the back panel. Its going to be huge. Please feel free to post your own progress, misery loves company.

emperors_throne_room.jpg

106_0219.jpg

106_0225.jpg

106_0221.jpg

106_0223.jpg

UPDATE:windows cut
106_0232.jpg

Last edited:
Next I'm going to dremel out the windows, and make the outer panels. Wish me luck I don't screw it up.

I had pondered the window portion myself.If you have or have access to,I would recommend using a router.That is alot of work for a dremel.

if anone draws this up in an svg file, i have an electric cutter that could cut it out onto thin chip board or styrene. it has to be in segments smaller than 24" x 12", but I'll gladly cut and provide the chip board if someone can provide the design.

if anone draws this up in an svg file, i have an electric cutter that could cut it out onto thin chip board or styrene. it has to be in segments smaller than 24" x 12", but I'll gladly cut and provide the chip board if someone can provide the design.

That'd be awesome!

Sean

Yes please someone must know how to provide the design! 12 x 12 segments maybe?!

This is my early attempt, just foam core at this stage but I plan to get more detail later with some of the side window, it's planned around the detolf approx 16"x15", looking for more solid material. I have vector illustrator files if these can be used

Thanx Lopie, this is a tricky project, I ='ve got 2 detolfs side by side so I 'm thinking of creating the other half od the window in the other as a split display, theres a lot to figure out, you've made very nice progress so far & the scale looks spot on

Wowsers! I can't way to see how these come out! I'm not too much for dio's myself but I love to see what other ppl can do! Good luck!

Here is a quick update I cut out all of the windows, and trimmed one section to show how clean it looks. I think the Emperor is well pleased.

106_0232.jpg

106_0234.jpg

106_0233.jpg

I had pondered the window portion myself.If you have or have access to,I would recommend using a router.That is alot of work for a dremel.

I took your advice and tried to use a router but it jumped to much. the bit is too strong for the particle board. So back to the dremel. :thud:

Yea that stuff is more like super compressed card board than wood.

It coming along great, it should look awesome when we get to see it painted.

Back