Media Dragonball Dokkan Battle App.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kibishii

Super Freak
Reaction score
My 12 year old begged me to start playing playing this back in May; now I play it more than he does. It is a pretty addictive little Gatcha app. Anyone else play?

I did look into that, they were only doing that with the ones who were then doing chargeback to keep all the money. Many youtubers do it and some even have shops for it, I don't think they would jeopardize their accounts for it, that's their income after all. I will jump over to the new thread!
They can also ban if the person doing the stone sale uses stolen Google Play cards or if Bamco notices too many foreign accounts changing on an ISP. My friend had bought stones from the same person every month since the LR Broly banner in May then got his account banned in September (?) when he bought stones for LR Gohan.

Do you go with Mobile Game Whale or William Wu because I have heard of William Wu before.

It's MGW but specifically Willam I go to. He's been doing it the longest and has never had any problems. If they do ban me so be it, I would just stop playing. It's too expensive to buy normally!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wow, so I decided to use my remaining 300 stones to try and get pandel, since she is the best support for the fusions team, and i have every other character for it apart from the upcoming phy ssj3 gotenks, and for the life of me cannot get her! Literally pulled every other ssr in that banner and even dupes for Barlot and Bulpan, but no pandel in sight. kind of annoyed at that lol.

Wow, so I decided to use my remaining 300 stones to try and get pandel, since she is the best support for the fusions team, and i have every other character for it apart from the upcoming phy ssj3 gotenks, and for the life of me cannot get her! Literally pulled every other ssr in that banner and even dupes for Barlot and Bulpan, but no pandel in sight. kind of annoyed at that lol.
Ouch. I had just at 800 stones for the Dual banner and am now down to 28; I was really pissed that they didn't do Heroes & Villains like on the JP banner because I mainly wanted heroes and I ended up having to split my stones between two banners. I didn't pull on the Fusion banner because I was saving up just for Int. Gogeta.

I probably should buy some stones for the fusion banner. My SSJ4 Gogeta is SA10 with two paths opened; right now I have SSJ4 Gogeta, SSJ3 Godtenks, str. Gogeta (100%), Phy. SSJ Gotenks, Skennytenks, & str. Gotenks.

Well I had around 180 stones, managed to pull Int Gogeta and SSJ4 Gogeta at least, along with three other SSRs.

Doing the Gogeta event with double Phy Omega is a cake walk.

Not sure whether to use my Str Gogeta to max out the other's super attack.

Thats good going with the stones you had, congrats man! Yeah, Janembas event was always touted as being one of the most difficult due to his dodging, but with an ssj4/int gogeta fusions team, its just annoying; both tank quite well after they super, and can almost one shot Janemba, they just have to actually hit him xD

Ouch. I had just at 800 stones for the Dual banner and am now down to 28; I was really pissed that they didn't do Heroes & Villains like on the JP banner because I mainly wanted heroes and I ended up having to split my stones between two banners. I didn't pull on the Fusion banner because I was saving up just for Int. Gogeta.

I probably should buy some stones for the fusion banner. My SSJ4 Gogeta is SA10 with two paths opened; right now I have SSJ4 Gogeta, SSJ3 Godtenks, str. Gogeta (100%), Phy. SSJ Gotenks, Skennytenks, & str. Gotenks.

Yeah, they are using global to try and force people to pull on the banners that jp wasnt keen on, hence why we had both meh villain units drop one after the other with some decent units on, as well as them making gogetas banner worse and janembas better. Its a good money making strategy but quite nasty of them. Watch phy Gotenks have zero decent units apart from the obvious teq one to troll folk, and ssj3 Brolys to have like EVERY 120% villain up until now on it :p

Yeah, they are using global to try and force people to pull on the banners that jp wasnt keen on, hence why we had both meh villain units drop one after the other with some decent units on, as well as them making gogetas banner worse and janembas better. Its a good money making strategy but quite nasty of them. Watch phy Gotenks have zero decent units apart from the obvious teq one to troll folk, and ssj3 Brolys to have like EVERY 120% villain up until now on it
I hope they put Teq. SSJ3 Angel Goku on the Gotenks banner, but I have a feeling they will put him with Broly. My guess is Masked Saiyan will be with Gotenks just to force people to split their stones since Broly is the worst new lead. If they do that, I will probably just save my stones unless there is a super stone sale (ie blue crystal) or discounted summons.

I'm kinda disappointed there's no elder kai banner this time around, this is the first "big" event we haven't got one for. Had to use up my spares on Gogeta, now I've none left for Gotenks.

I'm kinda disappointed there's no elder kai banner this time around, this is the first "big" event we haven't got one for. Had to use up my spares on Gogeta, now I've none left for Gotenks.
There will be the agi. banner coming soon that gives 2 elder kais. There will be another WT next month for 6+ elder kais if you do all the missions and place.

Also, the BIG rumor on a Dokkan Facebook group I am in is that there will be an LR Frieza event in December like the LR Goku event a few months back. If that is true, there will definitely be an Elder Kai banner to go with that. Bamco also gives out the Santa Roshis in December which act like a kai.

I will be doing 2 more summons tonight (1 free) on the Int. Gogeta banner and I am really hoping for an Int. Gogeta dupe & a Rage Trunks dupe!

Here's hoping. I really don't like doing the type banners unkess its the int one for a possible LR Gohan and agl ssj4 Vegeta's team isn't great so pan doesn't interest me. I want to grind LR Frieza but 50 stamina is way too much for a card that's so-so and needs 777 medals imo.

The LR Goku event was very welcome and I actually 100%ed him because of the incentives. The same for Frieza would be great, especially since he goes well on Janembas team.

I hope your summons go well; just pulled one last time on the fusions banner and got Pandel so I'm very happy at that!

Multi-summoned x2 (1 was free) on the int. Gogeta banner and got all R/SR. Then used the bonus "free" multi-summon for 5 cards and got four SSRs: str. Bardock (dupe), str. Gotenks (dupe), agi. Kid Buu, and Teq. Merged Zamasu. Teq. Merged Zamasu has been my #1 most wanted non-LR/neogod card since his banner so I am very happy with that.

Congratulations on the pulls! I love Merged Zamasu, so I'd be stoked, too.

So, I'm super new to this game, and thanks for helping me in the figure thread, Deano. The stars on the cards confuse me; I Googled some answers, but none of them was particularly detailed. Initially I thought I figured it out:
-- Completing awakening columns boosts stats and adds a small star to the card's bottom right corner (1 small star per column completed)
-- If you complete all four columns when the card's character level is maxed out, the card Z-Awakens, which gives a further stat boost and raises the card's rarity level
-- After a card is Z-Awakened, the number of small stars the card had (anywhere from zero to four stars) will consolidate into 1 large star, which takes the place of the small ones
-- If a card can be Dokkan Awakened, there will be a fifth column

But here's what I'm wondering about:
-- Does Dokkan Awakening affect the stars?
-- If you complete 4 columns (therefore getting 4 small stars) before the card's level is maxed out, will it automatically Z-Awaken when you do max it out?
-- If you Z-Awaken all at once, does the stat boost include all of the individual boosts you would have earned if you'd completed each column one at a time?
-- Is there an order of operations to awakening that maximizes the stat boosts, or does every character card ultimately max out at the same stats that are unique to that card? (for example, will two different people's INT Gogeta look the same after the cards' levels and awakenings are maxed out?)
-- I just had a Baby Vegeta as a guest and it had four small stars AND a large one in the bottom right corner. How is that possible?!
-- How do you get the large star to become shiny?

Thanks for any and all information and insight! I really appreciate it. Loving this game!

Congratulations on the pulls! I love Merged Zamasu, so I'd be stoked, too.
So, I'm super new to this game, and thanks for helping me in the figure thread, Deano. The stars on the cards confuse me; I Googled some answers, but none of them was particularly detailed. Initially I thought I figured it out:

But here's what I'm wondering about:
-- Does Dokkan Awakening affect the stars?
-- If you complete 4 columns (therefore getting 4 small stars) before the card's level is maxed out, will it automatically Z-Awaken when you do max it out?
-- If you Z-Awaken all at once, does the stat boost include all of the individual boosts you would have earned if you'd completed each column one at a time?
-- Is there an order of operations to awakening that maximizes the stat boosts, or does every character card ultimately max out at the same stats that are unique to that card? (for example, will two different people's INT Gogeta look the same after the cards' levels and awakenings are maxed out?)
-- I just had a Baby Vegeta as a guest and it had four small stars AND a large one in the bottom right corner. How is that possible?!
-- How do you get the large star to become shiny?

Thanks for any and all information and insight! I really appreciate it. Loving this game!
When you Dokkan or Z awaken, it automatically resets the stars if you can awaken again. It won't let you complete all of the Awakening medals unless you are max level. Honestly, the "stars" do not matter at all.

For example, I am grinding Awakening medals for the 12+ SR agi. Syn Shenrons right now to turn the SR version into an SSR; I will need to use four different types of awakening medals to do that (a star each time I use the # of each awakening medal). Once I awaken him into an SSR and get him to level 80, then I need to grind 21 of the Omega Shenron Awakening Medals to dokkan him into agi Omega Shenron. THEN I need to use FIVE different awakening medals the agi. Omega Shenron to turn him into a UR. Once he is a UR I can feed him (train) to my Phy. Omega Shenron to increase the Phy's Super Attack.

The only way a card's stats will be different is if they use the Hidden Potential system for that card.

Stars become "shiny" in two ways. First, they 'glow' when you start using Hidden Potential for that card; you need to be level 50. Second, stars can be rainbow color if you complete 100% of a card's hidden potential.

Last edited:
Here is some advice I WISH someone would have told me when I started:

***If you have $ to spend, I would buy some of the super stone sale packages or the Appreciation package ($14.99) so you can get a god-lead. I highly recommend that you use the stone to get Agi. Super Vegito because his 80% block & counter attack will help you out immensely.

1. Grind the Quests. normal, hard, & z-hard...you will get tons of stones and complete missions which will give you more stones. This should be your #1 focus.
2. Save your stones for summoning and expanding the amount of character cards you can own. Trust me, dragonstones will become a precious commodity once you complete the quest mode.
3. Ignore Dokkan events for now; you will just waste stamina and be tempted to spend stones on reviving. Never, ever revive using Dragonstones. I wish I knew that when I first started.
4. Farm every free character card you can get and get their Super Attack to 10.
5. Save Elder Kais for your best cards. If you do not know what "best cards" are, feel free to ask me.
6. Be very careful what banners you summon on. When I first started playing, I summoned on every banner which I really regret now.
7. Always do the daily Hidden Potential orb missions once you have a strong enough team to beat them. Save your orbs for your best cards. If you do not know what "best cards" are, feel free to ask. I wasted tons of orbs on crap cards when I first started playing because I didn't know how precious they are.
8. Read & learn leadership skills, passives, and what cards "Link" together.
9. Don't always be in a rush to awaken into a new card because sometimes you can farm up the Super Attack with a different card first. A few examples of this are Merged Zamasu & Buuhan.

Thank you so much, Kibishii!

After your explanation, I think I understand that Baby Vegeta guest card I saw. After he Z-awakened, it must have given him the large star, then reset the 4 awakening medal columns and added the fifth Dokkan Awakening medal column. He then must have completed everything but the Dokkan column, which resulted in the card's having 1 large star and 4 small stars next to it. Wow. Haha

I guess the stars are important to me because I used to play the PS and PS2 Final Fantasy games, some of which would have character leveling requirements that were actually missable. That meant that after grinding for hours/days, I'd find out that I missed the opportunity to acquire something necessary and the chance was no longer available. I definitely don't want that same thing to happen to me for these Dokkan cards, since it similarly takes a lot of grinding to level them up and progress their evolutions.

So for my peace of mind: if I ultimately end up with a card that has 1 large rainbow star on its bottom right corner (and no other stars), then is it safe to say that the card is maxed out and I didn't miss anything (assuming I also maxed out its special attack level)?

Thanks!

P.S.
Great tips/advice! I already burned through 20 Dragonstones early on by reviving constantly to take down an enemy on Z-hard, which was too tough for my team (I must have been channelling Vegeta's stubbornness IRL 'cause I didn't want to give up until the enemy was defeated). Let's just say, NEVER AGAIN!!!

P.S. Pt 2
SoCal love

I guess the stars are important to me because I used to play the PS and PS2 Final Fantasy games, some of which would have character leveling requirements that were actually missable. That meant that after grinding for hours/days, I'd find out that I missed the opportunity to acquire something necessary and the chance was no longer available. I definitely don't want that same thing to happen to me for these Dokkan cards, since it similarly takes a lot of grinding to level them up and progress their evolutions.

So for my peace of mind: if I ultimately end up with a card that has 1 large rainbow star on its bottom right corner (and no other stars), then is it safe to say that the card is maxed out and I didn't miss anything (assuming I also maxed out its special attack levetial)?
Once a card is rainbow, it is 100% maxed. The only exceptions would be LR cards whose super attacks can go up to 20. My LR Androids are rainbow 100%, but I left their super attack at 10.

MOST (not all) cards can be reverse Dokkaned with an Hour Glass, so you can go back and open Hidden Potential paths or use lower cards to raise Super Attack. That is what I am doing with my Phy. Omega Shenron; I have already Dokkan-Awakened him, but his SA is only 2. I am going to turn 8 of the agi. SR Syn Shenrons into agi. Omega Shenrons, then reverse Dokkan Phy. Omega, feed the agi. Omegas to him, then reAwaken him with a SA of 10. Once you Dokkan Awaken a card, you only have a 5% chance to increase the super attack with a different card so you want to get the SA up to 10 before you Dokkan

My ID is 386950146 . Add me as a friend in the game and you can use my lead if you are having difficulty with any quest.

Did you buy the Beginner's Pack that gives the Blue Dragonstone?

*10. If you can farm a card to raise the Super Attack, always do so. Always. Even if it is an SR card.
*11. If you haven't done the Dokkan Event "An Epic Showdown", do that and make sure to farm the card up to SA10. It is a very long grind, but eventually turns into SSJ3 Goku who is the best free card in the game.

Thanks a lot! I sent a friend request. ^__^

Beginner's Pack? Hmm... I didn't buy it and I don't see it in the shop. Does it go away if the game thinks you're no longer a beginner? That would suck 'cause I definitely still am a newb haha

Yeah, I try to grind readily accessible dupes for super attack levels whenever I can, which at my current level, means farming the first stages of Strike Events. SSJ3 Goku is definitely something for me to look forward to! I've been rewatching the movies since playing Dokkan, and I had forgotten how cool the SSJ3 Goku-vs-Janemba fight is.

Beginner's Pack? Hmm... I didn't buy it and I don't see it in the shop. Does it go away if the game thinks you're no longer a beginner? That would suck 'cause I definitely still am a newb haha
It is in Pilaf's Trove. On the main screen, in the upper right corner you will see a link to the store. Sorry, it is called "Appreciation Pack" for $15 and includes a blue dragonstone that you can turn in for one of the early god leads; Super Vegito is by far the best of the bunch.

Back