Will Hot Toys ever make General Grievous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reikai

Freaked Out
Reaction score
With the new start of TCW officially announced on the Star Wars channel, will Hot Toys make General Grievous?
The SS one is a letdown when it comes to the face sculpt.

What we saw:
gg01.JPG
What we got:
Slide08.jpg
Is it that hard? :gah:He's basically Ultron with a cape and extra arms.

Even forgetting the resurrection of TCW... just look at how knee deep we are in PT figures all of a sudden. I’d say it’s a pretty safe bet at this point, the only question is when.

Even forgetting the resurrection of TCW... just look at how knee deep we are in PT figures all of a sudden. I’d say it’s a pretty safe bet at this point, the only question is when.

Pardon my ignorance, but doesn't Hot Toys sometimes announce random figures not shown at SDCC out of the blue? Like, it was never seen before and all of a sudden it pops up for PO. Or was it SS?

I have a chance to grab SS Grievous brand new for $200 shipped but eventually have to turn down the offer due to some issues I have read in SS Grievous thread here...so really want Hot Toys version. But this year kinda too much already, maybe next year though.

Pardon my ignorance, but doesn't Hot Toys sometimes announce random figures not shown at SDCC out of the blue? Like, it was never seen before and all of a sudden it pops up for PO. Or was it SS?
Yes, they announce new figures on their Facebook page regularly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes, they announce new figures on their Facebook page regularly.

Grievous is special though...most other figures I've seen are 12 to 13 inches tall, and they are human/humanoid ish. GG would be like announcing Ultron, and I'm not certain he'll be out of the blue b/c most figures that are on his level of difficulty (when it comes to sculpting) get shown at a panel. But hopefully he's announced this winter, 'cause my SS sculpt doesn't work for me.

They would have to create a new body for him and there would be no reuse of parts. So that's R&D wasted on a single release because he only has one costume. The only positive is that he's a robot, and we all know robots sell big in Asia. I still highly doubt he gets made.

I think a better bet would be for Sideshow to announce a rerelease of their General Grievous, hopefully with improvements on their original release.

Why is this even a question. They will of course make a useless character from a crap film like ROTS. It's right up their alley. :lol

With how hard Hot Toys are riding the PT wave, with the resurrection of the PT era across various mediums (Clone Wars cartoon resurrected, Battlefront DLC, comic and book releases) and the seemingly growing number of born again prequel fans becoming more and more of a thing, I'd say it feels all but inevitable at this point, unless prequel figure sales suddenly start dropping off a cliff again.

As to when, though? With Hot Toys, who the fluckitty duck knows? :lol

In just the last two months HT has basically revealed most of the PTs top-tier villains -- Anakin, Dooku, Maul, Jango, Cody

All that's left of the top tier villainy is Sidious and Grievous... and of course Gunray.

Back