Asmus Toys Godfather

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Asmus just announced they are doing Don vito Godfather :lecture

Seems like every company is trying apart from Hot Toys :rotfl

I'd be curious to see how this turns out.
37349391_10155421986981968_5166845927670939648_n.jpg

That looks great in that pic. Not sure of the base, though.

Outfit will need some work.... that's not the actual base I believe it's from a Lord of the rings figure - Should of put him on a stand. However it's exciting to see a New Godfather would be cool if they did Sonny and Luca and Micheal. :pray:

Guess is it's todo with the anniversary as BW have the license for the Statue.

Great option for those who missed previous ones.

Sculpt looks good from here... but Asmus production quality is no where near HT/Blitzway/EB...

Getting the Hot Toys figure, which may be superior to this, is just too cost prohibitive.

Sculpt looks good from here... but Asmus production quality is no where near HT/Blitzway/EB...

Asmus released some pretty awesome figures lately. Boromir, Gimli, Dante. Some of the best tailoring i've seen. Crazy attention to details.

ThreeZero and Star Ace replaced them at the bottom spot imo

All in on this. Glad I never gave in and paid the price for HT, although I do wish I could’ve grabbed the custom tux offered not too long ago.

Asmus released some pretty awesome figures lately. Boromir, Gimli, Dante. Some of the best tailoring i've seen. Crazy attention to details.

Threezero still releases some nice things. Their Negan and the Hound are both nice. Pretty much all of the GoT line has had fantastic tailoring.

It's not a super clear photo, but I'd say the sculpt might be a bit better than the HT one. Tailoring, paint and body will probably will almost definitely not be as nice... still probably an affordable option compared to how much the HT one sells for now.

Honestly there is nothing mindblown about Asmus so far. Tailoring just standard. Some release even subpar, some even garbage.

You must be joking me threezero is stand below Asmus. Threezero Power Armor is the most impressive piece I've ever have. Their robot is no match on industry.

Honestly there is nothing mindblown about Asmus so far. Tailoring just standard. Some release even subpar, some even garbage.

You must be joking me threezero is stand below Asmus. Threezero Power Armor is the most impressive piece I've ever have.

You're comparing apples and oranges there. I don't see much clothing on that Power Armor.

I have both ThreeZero's and Asmus' figures. Both have nice tailoring. But if you check the recent releases, ThreeZero had some major issues with paint apps and warped headsculpts (Daenerys, The Major and Commander Lin Mae). Asmus is going upwards in that way. Not saying everything is perfect, but i'd buy Asmus' Gimli over any of the upcoming GoT figures.

Also compare the price point and acccessories between the two. ThreeZero is still making plastic swords for a higher price point.

I think it's not 1/6, it's 1/9 I saw it somewhere. Tailoring doesn't look like 1/6 and Asmus got their 1/9 line

This sculpt is better than Enterbay’s Mexican cosplayer sculpt but it isn’t as good as the Hot Toys sculpt from almost a decade ago. The face is too tall and thin for starters:

As for other characters, the video games prove that practically every likeness other than Pacino is available, but expecting someone to watch 20 minutes of generic Michael Corleone in a $50 video game is a lot different than expecting someone collecting $250 action figures to accept a generic Michael or an incomplete Corleone Family. Until Pacino changes his tune re: likeness rights you’re never gonna see anyone but Vito.

Back