Predator Exclusive or Original Balrog - Which would you choose?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSA

Super Freak
Reaction score
Howdy folks! :wave

I was curious - if you had a choice of one or the other which you'd choose?

I'm leaning towards larger sized items in my collection these days, and I think
I'd choose the Predator Maquette at this point, as it is just as an "iconic"
representation of the character it portrays, and was made by SWS so it
shouldn't get any better as far as being movie accurate.

What say you? :confused:

JS :)

I'd say go for the Predator maquette. If you'd have said Life-Size P bust or Balrog, I'd have said go for the Balrog. But this maquette is just about the coolest Predator piece I have ever seen.....EVER!! Especially the LE with the mask!! Pure awesomeness!! :rock

Just look at it....its.....beau-ti-fulllllll....
71431_press01-001.jpg

7143_press05-001.jpg

My offer stands to all of you who like the Predator better and own the original Balrog. I have the exclusive on order and will trade straight up for your original Balrog. :p :joy :naughty :wacky

NONE...............For Collecting Purposes................ But for Flipping BOTH........:naughty

What's the "value" of a Daddy Rog these days on ebay. Has the price dropped below $2K?

The detail on the Predator is second to none, no doubt. But for me, well look at my name ...... had to vote Rog. I am just not a big enough Predator fan to supplant the Rog.

Predator is awesome beyond a doubt and I won't be giving my order up, but for my collection I would have to go with the Balrog. It's still my no 1 statue.

Last edited:
PREDATOR ALL THE WAY... FORGET ABOUT THE MARKET VALUE OF THE ROG....THIS PIECE IS NOW AT A RIDICULOUS PRICE....AND THE PREDATOR WILL BE A MUCH MORE IMPOSING STATUE...

sideshowpdx said:
What's the "value" of a Daddy Rog these days on ebay. Has the price dropped below $2K?

It's dropped below the retail price of $300 but since I'm such a nice guy, I will give you $400 for it if you have it. ;) :D :naughty

Come on, PREDATOR FOR SURE!!! The masked version looks incredible!

I had the Balrog but sold it...was not that impressed to tell you the truth and it's fairly small.

RE:

I'm with Gruson, I also had the original Balrog and sold. The cave Troll statue is far more impressive and still remains in my collection.

The Balrog is quite small, and although probably as good a sculpt as possible, The flames don't quite work, and it just lacks that authentic film to statue look.

The PREDATOR MAQUETTE meanwhile is staggering in its authenticity, the exclusive being the ONE.

This, along with the Alien queen bust will never be leaving my collection.

Predator Maquette the easy winner.

$1000.00 for the Predator is way over priced. Why not get the 1:1 scale bust for cheaper? I'll take the Balrog instead. The Balrog will always be one of the most expensive SS pieces. The regular edition Predator is already down from retail, and the exclusive won't be much over. 1 Grand for a Statue is crazy, it should be retailed at $500.00 the most. I'll take the 1:1 scale bust instead and I'm still saving money.

Monster said:
$1000.00 for the Predator is way over priced. Why not get the 1:1 scale bust for cheaper? I'll take the Balrog instead. The Balrog will always be one of the most expensive SS pieces. The regular edition Predator is already down from retail, and the exclusive won't be much over. 1 Grand for a Statue is crazy, it should be retailed at $500.00 the most. I'll take the 1:1 scale bust instead and I'm still saving money.

That's funny. 2 years ago,,, I would have laughed at any "fool" paying $1K for a Sideshow statue. Now,,, it almost seems commonplace and I welcome any $1K statues in my home... :)

Idioteque said:
The Balrog is quite small, and although probably as good a sculpt as possible, The flames don't quite work, and it just lacks that authentic film to statue look.

For me it's no contest the Original Balrog!! The Predator Maquette exclusive is damn nice don't get me wrong and one of the best items I've ever seen. However, the Balrog capture everything that was on screen and in the book IMO. For me I'm a huge LOTR fan and so for me those pieces have a speical place in my heart. I guess it depends on how much of a fan of LOTR you are.

Back