Clockwork Orange Alex One:12 figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm looking at one of those rather unusual action figures tonight, based on a character you probably never expected to see in action figure form. I'm checking out the Alex DeLarge One:12 Collective figure, based on the Kubrick film A Clockwork Orange. You can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-102918a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_clockwork_8.jpg

No interest in this particular figure but I read all of your reviews anyways. Always informative and entertaining reads. You've convinced me to jump into the Mezco One:12 line starting with Deathstroke and Ascending Knight Batman.

Thanks!

Opened the box and fell in love, until I tried to bend the elbow joint and it snapped off. Way too tight, which I find a lot of these One:12 figures are at the elbow. Now I’m waiting for Mezco to email me back. Otherwise, great looking figure.

You always - always - have to ensure the elbows are turned in the right direction before putting pressure on them too.

Just got my little Alex and I'm amazed at the level of quality for such a small figure!

Damn thing looks absolutely perfect on the shelf...
Although I had checked some of their figures out before, none had impressed me as much as this one. It really is quite amazing.

A couple more thoughts/observations:

1. The support arm is completely useless, there's no way that can be attached to the stand...
2. Yes, the elbow joints were scary stiff... you really have to know where to apply the pressure to get the joints to move, otherwise they'll break.
3. I'm wishing ONE:12 would pick up the Alien license... I can just see the entire Nostromo crew done beautifully by these guys!

A couple more thoughts/observations:

1. The support arm is completely useless, there's no way that can be attached to the stand...
2. Yes, the elbow joints were scary stiff... you really have to know where to apply the pressure to get the joints to move, otherwise they'll break.
3. I'm wishing ONE:12 would pick up the Alien license... I can just see the entire Nostromo crew done beautifully by these guys!

I love mine too... I'm working on a little corner of the Korova to put him in!

IIRC there's a peg in the stand that you need to pop out from the underside, which leaves you a hole in the top to plug the stand/arm into.

I hope that's still the case (mines still boxed until I finish a backdrop for him) because I wanted to do the pose where he's jumping up and drawing his knife from behind his back....

I love mine too... I'm working on a little corner of the Korova to put him in!

IIRC there's a peg in the stand that you need to pop out from the underside, which leaves you a hole in the top to plug the stand/arm into.

I hope that's still the case (mines still boxed until I finish a backdrop for him) because I wanted to do the pose where he's jumping up and drawing his knife from behind his back....

Oh, all right, I'll check it out, thanks!

Back