Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 1733 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast
    Moving like Jagger
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Follow The Mike On Twitter

Default Re: The Man of Steel

October 29, 2007: Superman and Justice League Movie Updates
    MovieWeb.com caught up with Kevin Spacey to ask him about the sequel to "Superman Returns".

Kevin Spacey: There are no developments right now. I know as much as the rest of the world knows.
    So there are no plans to go into production?

Kevin Spacey: Not that I knows of. I'm signed to do it, but I don't know anything about the storyline or the shooting schedule at this point.

Formerly Congerking
    Feedback
    I've met Mike Dougherty about 5 or 6 times and he is a good friend of one of my good friends, but I like SR; even though there wasn't enough action. Anything with Supes, that isn't Superman IV, I love. If I hear anything I'll post it here, but Variety seems to have actually gotten it right.

Banned

Feedback
    9 (100%)

Banned

Feedback
    9 (100%)
    12 March 2008Singer Talks Superman Returns Sequel
    Exclusive: Director confirms development
    Earlier today, IESB reported that there was a strong rumour that Bryan Singer was working on a sequel to Superman Returns and that Transformers' Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman would be writing the script. Well, we've spoken to Singer and, though we have no news on whether the Orci/Kurtzman story is true, he's confirmed that work's under way on the film that some said would never happen because the first was perceived as a flop.

"That movie made $400 million!" Singer says incredulously. "I donít know what constitutes under-performing these days...Look, I can understand, I suppose, what some people mean. Perhaps some people went in with the expectation of it being like an X-Men film, and Superman is a tougher character than that. Especially bringing him back. It really goes back to the fact that you can only please some of the people some of the time. But, yes, Iím just getting back with writers after the strike. Weíre just in the development phase. Iím starting to develop a sequel...with the intention of directing it."

Singer knows that there was some negative reaction to the fact that the first film focused more on story at the expense of action and is looking to redress that next time.

ďThe first one was a romantic film and a nostalgic film,Ē he says. ďIíll be the first person to own up to that without making any apologies for it. I knew it was going to be that from the outset. And now that the characters are established, thereís really an opportunity to up the threat levels...Clearly thereíll be a body count [laughs]. From frame one, it will be unrelenting terror! All those teenage girls who found the movie and mooned over James Marsden or Brandon? Well, Iím going to wake them up!Ē He may be joking about the unrelenting terror.

We have to say, we actually enjoyed a huge amount about Superman Returns. Brandon Routh made a terrific Superman and Clark Kent and Singer clearly cared about the characters. It was light on action, so it would be great to see a sequel in which we get to actually experience what Supes can really do.

What do you think? Do you want to see Superman return again?

Moving like Jagger
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Follow The Mike On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt Dragon View Post
    Do you want to see Superman return again?
    Without a doubt. I'm dying to see Big Blue back on the Big Screen. I'm just hoping it won't take until 2015 to get it. While SR wasn't the blockbuster people were hoping I actually liked it (then again I liked Lee's Hulk as well)....I say Singer has seen the way people have perceived SR and I think it'd take a real narocistic bastard to ignore it and return to business as usual....he's not McG so I have little to no fear. I will admit though I'd love to see other directors take on the mantle as well....

Banned

Feedback
    9 (100%)

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    I was hoping for a reboot too, or a Smallville continuation. But hopefully Brainiac and Zod kill the kid in the first frame and the movie follows from there...
    Last edited by Darklord Dave; 03-12-2008 at 12:37 PM.

The Cool and Deadly
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    I don't want to see a new Superman Movie, not by Singer, he ruined the last one. I been a big Superman Geek for a long time, and Superman Returns was aweful. So for now its just Smallville.

strikes and gutters, man
    Feedback
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Dave View Post
    I was hoping for a reboot too. But hopefully Brainiac and Zod kill the kid in the first frame and the movie follows from there...
    . I couldn't agree more. If it hadn't been for the superbrat and Lex's stupid land making plan I would've enjoyed the movie. The sequel can only be better right?

Formerly Congerking
    Feedback
    I for one, enjoyed Superman Returns quite a lot. Sure it didn't have the action the X-Men movies had, but that's not what's interesting for the Character IMO. What's interesting for the character is how he interacts with "humans". Sure, he's an alien from another planet, but he was raised a human. Where you have this super-industrictible body, but the emotions and feelings of a human; that can create great stories. He can take over the world if he wants, but he doesn't because he wants to help earth; that's a character. I hope Singer doesn't forget that and just for mindless violence (even though that's awesome too; just not for a Superman film)

PLUS: anything with John Williams' score is awesome.

Page 3 of 1733 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast