Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: James Gunn reinstated for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3!

I get a sneaking suspicion that this has been resolved for a good while now, they're just now announcing it based on the current Marvel hype. I mean everyone they offered GOTG to turned it down and the cast all supported JG. I don't think Disney had another option here, truth be told. They sure weren't going to shelf one of the most popular MCU series.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Disney looks stupid back flipping like that. How about don't overreact in the first place!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Come on look at the bigger picture. This was all a ruse to get Gunn inside the DC compound. As soon as he got the info Disney wanted they hired him back

Cool. Just as long as Batista is happy, I’m good

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Where is the outrage on this change? All spent up on Brie?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
    "There DEAD! They're F&@#in DEAD and you wanna teach them TRICKS????" -Rhodes
    http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic53049_3.gif

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Most people I know who don't have an issue with Brie Larson don't also have an issue with this. James Gunn said some vile ugly stupid ****, which many, even myself agreed... if you didn't, then you're messed up, but it was also years ago and he has since changed from that place in his life. Him getting fired for past crap that was years old was ridiculous. Liberal or conservative heads should all agree, if you make a mistake fine, after all we all have said stupid crap... difference is it doesn't always get out there on a large scale like this has... It's still been an embarrassing spectacle for Gunn, and one he truly wished had never happened, but he's been rehired to direct the movie he was fired from.

The takeaway should only be positive. A lot of people deserve another chance, and he definitely is one that deserves it. Let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    Most people I know who don't have an issue with Brie Larson don't also have an issue with this. James Gunn said some vile ugly stupid ****, which many, even myself agreed... if you didn't, then you're messed up, but it was also years ago and he has since changed from that place in his life. Him getting fired for past crap that was years old was ridiculous. Liberal or conservative heads should all agree, if you make a mistake fine, after all we all have said stupid crap... difference is it doesn't always get out there on a large scale like this has... It's still been an embarrassing spectacle for Gunn, and one he truly wished had never happened, but he's been rehired to direct the movie he was fired from.

The takeaway should only be positive. A lot of people deserve another chance, and he definitely is one that deserves it. Let's move on.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Disney looks stupid back flipping like that. How about don't overreact in the first place!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don't fool yourselves. Disney never seriously intended to fire Gunn. That was nothing more than a bone they threw to the Twitter mob that was howling for his blood. The proof is after Gunn’s firing Marvel and Disney never undertook a serious search for his replacement. They knew they didn’t have to. They knew most online mobs have short attention spans and would move on to the next outrage. All that was needed was to make a token gesture to validate their outrage, wait a “respectful” amount of time, and then rehire Gunn.

Quote Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
    Where is the outrage on this change? All spent up on Brie?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The key difference is Gunn’s comments were from years back. Yes, they were vile and disgusting, but it just looks like cringe humor gone way off the rails. There is zero evidence that Gunn is a pedophile. Thats something you don’t grow out of.

Brie Larson’s comments reflected who she is now.

It’s fair to call them both out. But neither of them should lose their lively hood because of it.
    My PO's

Super Freak
    Feedback
    As far as GotG films go, I think this is great news. Really enjoyed the first film, thought the second was okay. I thought he had signed on for Suicide Squad 2 though?

Regarding his multitude of past remarks pertaining to pedophilia and rape, I agree that Gunn shouldn’t have been fired based alone on past comments made. Just like Kevin Hart shouldn’t have been blacklisted from hosting any award shows in Hollywood for some joking remarks he made in the past about homosexuality, and despite his genuine apology about how those jokes in no way reflect who he is now, he wasn’t given a pass and was burned at the stake. Joy Reid made some remarks in an old blog about homosexuality that weren’t made in jest. She admitted it, apologized for it, then later tried to blame it on someone else. However, nobody made a peep about that. So if we’re now moving to a point where we’re impugning people’s current character, demanding they be fired and essentially ruining their livelihoods based solely on comments they’ve made in the past, what are we going to objectively base each case on if it’s a case by case basis? Perceived intent? As long as they apologize? If their apology at least seems genuine? Whether we personally like that person or not? Three of those are subjective with one of those three involving bias, and not objective.

I realize that not everything is black and white or right and wrong. That’s why ethics exist. However, if we start moving towards a subjective (what it seems, if true, what it means to me, who I like, who I don’t like, who I agree with, who I don’t agree with, I’m offended, etc.) based society that’s based on feelings and subjectivity and ignores objectivity and facts, and we can’t agree on a basic absolute moral set of standards that we’re going to hold everyone equally accountable to, that’s going to make for quite a slippery slope, because where will it end?