Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: “Tombstone” vs “Wyatt Earp” insights from Sam Elliot

I've seen both several times. I actually liked Costner's Earp better than Russell's -- much better acted in my opinion. Quaid was remarkably good as Holliday, though not quite up to Kilmer. If it weren't for Kilmer, Quaid would've gotten a lot of recognition for his performance.

Sam Elliott was a way better Virgil Earp than Michael Madsen. I liked Morgan better from 'Wyatt Earp' (not sure who the actor was ... but I didn't care for Paxson). And, the love interest was WAY better in 'Wyatt Earp' -- the woman in Tombstone was an irritating party-girl and the love story entirely unnecessary. The woman in Wyatt Earp was far more charming and easier to see why Wyatt was taken with her.

The villains were much more memorable in Tombstone, though.

Overall, Tombstone is probably a better action move and pulp-ish western. But, Wyatt Earp is a better pure western. More of a western epic than the brief-in-time snapshot that Tombstone was. And, 'Wyatt' was a bit less cartoonish.

SnakeDoc
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard." -- Ron Swanson
    "Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men." -- Douglas Bader

Super Freak
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, I didn't care for the love interest in Tombstone either. Other than that I found it superior to Wyatt Earp in pretty much every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Khev View Post
    Yeah, I didn't care for the love interest in Tombstone either. Other than that I found it superior to Wyatt Earp in pretty much every way.
    Agree 100%. Dana Delany was pretty annoying as Josie.

Thread killer
    Feedback
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
    I've seen both several times. I actually liked Costner's Earp better than Russell's -- much better acted in my opinion. Quaid was remarkably good as Holliday, though not quite up to Kilmer. If it weren't for Kilmer, Quaid would've gotten a lot of recognition for his performance.

Sam Elliott was a way better Virgil Earp than Michael Madsen. I liked Morgan better from 'Wyatt Earp' (not sure who the actor was ... but I didn't care for Paxson). And, the love interest was WAY better in 'Wyatt Earp' -- the woman in Tombstone was an irritating party-girl and the love story entirely unnecessary. The woman in Wyatt Earp was far more charming and easier to see why Wyatt was taken with her.

The villains were much more memorable in Tombstone, though.

Overall, Tombstone is probably a better action move and pulp-ish western. But, Wyatt Earp is a better pure western. More of a western epic than the brief-in-time snapshot that Tombstone was. And, 'Wyatt' was a bit less cartoonish.

SnakeDoc
    I couldn’t have summed up what I feel better.
    Why Superman rocks! ...

Quote Originally Posted by greatlakes6 View Post
    Agree 100%. Dana Delany was pretty annoying as Josie.
    That's my ONLY beef with Tombstone.