Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Default Re: "RoboCop Returns" directed by Neill Blomkamp

Quote Originally Posted by Otomofan View Post
    Blowing the nuts off of a suspected rapist? How is that not?!

WARNING: I'm sarcastic & have a smartass attitude. It's a natural defense against drama, bull**** & stupidity.

I like pizza!
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khev View Post
    RoboCop was always kind of SJW-ish before it was even a thing but always in a goofy, silly way.
    I think RoboCop was always SJW...just without the S.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    What sucks is that no one has a damn sense of humor about any of this stuff anymore. Paul Verhoeven found various aspects of the United States amusing (Reaganomics, certain Christians who wanted Christ to return "Dirty Harry" style, etc.) but he had a childlike way of poking fun at things regardless of how violent things played out on screen.

But who would address the issues of today in such a manner? If you read any given interview with Neill Blomkamp the guy has got a massive chip on his shoulder and his genuine ire against the people of the U.S practically seeps out of him. Verhoeven displayed a really deft hand at social commentary that was critical yes but in a "don't take it too seriously" kind of way that was above all else *actually entertaining.* Hell the guy poked fun at Reaganomics at the height of Reagan's popularity and we *liked* it, lol. And that's a real lost art with the statements that Hollywood tries to make these days.

If Blomkamp just wants to make a mean-spirited RoboCop in the tradition of RoboCop 2 then that *can* work (though admittedly I'm one of about five people who actually likes that film) but he doesn't get to make a mean movie that's also preachy. You kind of have to go one way or the other if he has any desire of staying true to either of the first two Weller flicks. Honestly it's a pretty low bar but it wouldn't be the first time Hollywood or some arrogant director screwed up a sure thing.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Unfortunately, as much as we'd like the tongue-in-cheek politics of the original, I have a sneaking suspicion we'd see them re-write the script to either see RoboCop persecuted for his form of justice, or doing a Magnum Force spin with a pro-BLM agenda, in an attempt to demonize law enforcement. I just wish Hollywood would get a clue and realize that most of the public enjoy genre films as an escape, not to be preached to by an elitist class who seldom practice what they preach.
    Last edited by thenammagazine; 07-11-2018 at 04:17 PM.

WARNING: I'm sarcastic & have a smartass attitude. It's a natural defense against drama, bull**** & stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Clown Prince of Crime View Post
    The new Robocop will have a v****a and will fight against guns. The villain will look like Trump and he's working for a Russian bad guy, played by Mickey Rourke.
    Luckily, this film will provide the series a chance to pass the torch to a new lead to carry the series forward, played by 19 year old Latina actress/former pop star.
    Last edited by ShadowX81; 07-11-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenammagazine View Post
    Gee.... this is the love I get?!
    Quote Originally Posted by thenammagazine View Post
    Hmmm.... RoboCop gets exported from Detroit to Cali, after taking out OCP and the local government, to clean up the mess in KALIFOЯNIA and eliminate the cheap Chinese BoboCorp knockoff kits imported by Kali's Continental Congress of AntiFa and made into SocialCops from "cheap labor" and recycled Solar panels, who're plaguing the innocents? In the process, he realizes they've reduced everything from rape and pedophilia through your suggested cannibalism to citeable misdemeanors to eliminate prison overcrowding and goes on a one-cyborg clean-up crew? How do you keep his servos from overloading and frying?

You ARE TheNam! Had to be sure.

Welcome back!

One door closes, another door opens...

Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Ham and Egger MODERATOR
    Feedback
    86 (100%)
    No reason whatsoever for another sequel or reboot. In fact, the original film should have stood alone. But, this is the world we live in.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    What an awesome day! I go out to the mail box to get my Robocop soundtrack that came today. Then come in and read about Robocop Returns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1334.jpg  

Super Freak
    Feedback
    27 (100%)
    Still love the original movie and The soundtrack is pure gold. That one and Conan the Barbarian are my 2 favorite Poledouris scores. Is it the expanded version? If so nice pick up.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    70 (100%)