Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Default Anybody use MoviePass or Sinemia?

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on Sinemia, just wondering if anybody on here uses either of these services and if you've had good or bad experiences with them?

Anybody who doesn't know, they are services that allow you to pay one Monthly ($7 to $8) price to see either free 2D movies as often as once per day (Movie Pass) or 2 tickets per month, (Sinemia) but you can use one of them for 3D and/or IMAX.
    Living Deliciously

Super Freak
    Feedback

Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    188 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    My mom has movie pass. It works fine for non-blockbuster movies. You can’t purchase your tickets until the day of the movie so no advance tickets work. Plus you have to be physically at the theater to buy the tickets. No online ordering. So don’t hope on using it day of for any big movie hoping for good seats left. I don’t personally think it’s worth it because of the hassle of the ticket buying process, but my mom feels she gets enough use out of it per month to have it pay for itself.

How these companies stay in business is beyond me.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Follow CallMeTheDoctor on Tumblr Visit CallMeTheDoctor's Instagram Channel
    MoviePass seems to have a lot of issues from what I see on Facebook. My theaters are generally empty, so it sounds like a good deal. Didn't know that it was anything per day. I had heard you could see a movie once and that's it.

Yea we signed up for MoviePass in March. Have seen 2 flicks with it so far.
    And your face drops in a pile of flesh. And then your heart, heart pounds till it pumps in death.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    From what I understand, you can buy advance tickets with Sinemia, but it has to be purchased the same month you're going to see the movie.
    Living Deliciously

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
    My mom has movie pass. It works fine for non-blockbuster movies. You can’t purchase your tickets until the day of the movie so no advance tickets work. Plus you have to be physically at the theater to buy the tickets. No online ordering. So don’t hope on using it day of for any big movie hoping for good seats left. I don’t personally think it’s worth it because of the hassle of the ticket buying process, but my mom feels she gets enough use out of it per month to have it pay for itself.

How these companies stay in business is beyond me.
    I've heard that both companies are operating at a loss right now, but supposedly they believe enough people will join and not use tickets regularly combined with advertising money to eventually make a profit.
    Living Deliciously

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    The wife and I have Movie Pass. We have a small glitch now and then but for the most part it's been a great deal. Neither one of us have to see block busters the first couple weeks so that's not an issue. We've been seeing 1 to 2 movies a week now for months. I can't see it staying afloat though as it's one of those too good to be true things.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeTheDoctor View Post
    MoviePass seems to have a lot of issues from what I see on Facebook. My theaters are generally empty, so it sounds like a good deal. Didn't know that it was anything per day. I had heard you could see a movie once and that's it.
    You can see one movie per day. You just can't see the same movie more than once.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Follow CallMeTheDoctor on Tumblr Visit CallMeTheDoctor's Instagram Channel
    So let me see if I get it. Let's say I go see A Quiet Place today, so I can't see it tomorrow?