Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Just a little freaky
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Default Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta on post 99

Will you be interested in having Sideshow/Weta complete their LOTR Helm collection? I own all of them including the rarest, but my collection is seriously crippled with to the lack of the Uruk-Hai Swordsman Helm, that shinny silver colored Helm probably the most distictive of all the Uruk-Hai helms, that was seriously neglected and never done for reasons unknown to me. There are other hemls missing like the SkullyOrc Helm and several crowns like the one from Elrond too.

While Weta is busy doing environments and shields, I really wish Sideshow the creator of the Gondorian Helm Collection complete their LOTR Helm line. But it seems that will require serious support from forums like this to raise their interest.
    Last edited by Rogar; 04-05-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Super Freak

Feedback
    But they're made by Weta, and Sideshow and Weta don't have a partnership anymore. If you really want them, Weta would be the people to ask

Minister Of Fire
    Feedback
    I'm all for it if weta makes them...at least makes them the same size as they did when it was ssweta...as long as they aren't as small as the tiny shields.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    i have the entire set. i would like more but they would have to be in scale with the others and have the same display pedastals. i thought Weta was going to add some circlets and tiaras to the helm series? they had pictures at one time. what ever happened to those?

I have all the helms and would like to see more as long as they are in the same scale. I don't really care if the display pedestals are the same or not.

Super Freak

Feedback
    I love my set, they are well made. I was never crazy about the chess piece pedestal, but uniformity would be nice. I would buy more if weta makes them. I am missing the witchking helm... yeah, good luck, but I'm okay without that grail piece.

Just a little freaky
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodoEyes View Post
    But they're made by Weta, and Sideshow and Weta don't have a partnership anymore. If you really want them, Weta would be the people to ask
    How come Sideshows was the last company to produce Helms then? I refer to the Gondorian Helm Collection. Weta does not even have them listed at their wetanz.com site.
    Tell us what you know about the LOTR license Frodo Eyes, as Sideshow is still making LOTR dioramas it is not out of order to think they could do a few more helms now.

Super Freak

Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    How come Sideshows was the last company to produce Helms then? I refer to the Gondorian Helm Collection. Weta does not even have them listed at their wetanz.com site.
    Tell us what you know about the LOTR license Frodo Eyes, as Sideshow is still making LOTR dioramas it is not out of order to think they could do a few more helms now.
    The Gondorian helms are part of the SSW partnership. Weta made them, Sideshow distributed them. They're not listed on Weta's website purely by mistake, there's a few other things they haven't got listed.
    So, yeah, Sideshow have never made helms, and don't have the license rights for it. I don't even know if anyone does at the moment.

Just a little freaky
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Gosh, I was building some hope on Sideshow as Weta just oppened the possibility of a return in their helm line and later altogether forgot about the subject.
    Last edited by Rogar; 09-06-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    i want the helm that that one orc wears in ROTK. the one with the human skull impaled on it.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast