Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 465 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ringwraith PF?

Very cool - bring 'em on! LOTR villians make for the best PF's. Witchking is my most wanted on that list. I'd like to see Gothmog make the cut too, but I doubt we'll ever see that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbelly Bob View Post
    I think this PF may have to be sculpted because if they do it in cloth then what type of statue will they put underneath to hold the cloth up since technically there is nothing under the rope of a Nazgul.
    Well, they were wearing armour beneath the robes, so its not going to be a challenge to support anything other than the actual hood.

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    NO! Cannot be sculpted! Absolutely NOT!

It would just be a standard male body with sculpted armored hands and feet with a robe over it. Definitely an excellent candidate for the PF treatment. Finding the right material and determining how to hold up the hood are the only real challenges. It's not like it's Chewbacca or anything.

Super Freak
    happier than hell that it's finally coming!
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by THE SLUG View Post
    how many times have you sent them that question. just out of interest

awesome news :chew

i hope they use real cloth though, id feel kinda cheated if they went for sculpted.
    well everytime i called Customer service i would throw it in at the end of the conversation,"do you know when we're getting a ringwraith pf?" when reviewing pieces that i own, when we got sneek peeks on any sideshow goodness, and pretty much anytime a had a chance.

malice sideshow

tipical malice post on sideshow's website

malice from needing my ringwraith PF!

malice's very first diorama(fellbeast vs eagle dio)

Have you ever ran into a piece that when you see it for the first time, you freaking know you have to have it? well this was it for me.(but lately it happens more and more with so much sideshow LOTR goodness that has come out.)i P-O on the spot! you know why i'm here. just give it to us.

"I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I'd say they'll use a few layers of cloth for the cloak and a wire support like on the Galadriel Hood to shape the hollow head. Will be impressive! Saruman WILL be made no question!!
    I did it and I want to do it again .........

Super Freak
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lembas Eater View Post
    A good point. Another thing to consider is that the cloth is WAY more complicated than it looks, there are multiple layers of cloth making the robes look the way they do.

But I've never known Sideshow to skimp on the clothing and tailoring; this should out and out rock!

And that brings up the price. This isn't going to be cheap just because its mostly cloth, quite the opposite.
    I may not be able to afford every piece at the moment but I'm very excited!

There is NO WAY this should be in the $300 league! I know it's a long awaited piece an all, and demand is high. But it's a few layers of plain, black robes that won't have any fancy embroidery on it like GTW or Galdriels, just lots of Orc and Fellbeast s**t. And as for the head and face!

It's overdue yes, but should be one of the cheaper PF's in the range (other than Gollum).

Super Freak
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMac View Post
    There is NO WAY this should be in the $300 league! I know it's a long awaited piece an all, and demand is high. But it's a few layers of plain, black robes that won't have any fancy embroidery on it like GTW or Galdriels, just lots of Orc and Fellbeast s**t. And as for the head and face!

It's overdue yes, but should be one of the cheaper PF's in the range (other than Gollum).
    Completely disagree, and you'll see, once its done it will be in the 300+ range.

How will they handle the head area of the Ringwraith? Its much easier to handle in a fully sculpted piece but this is bound to be cloth.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Dave View Post
    NO! Cannot be sculpted! Absolutely NOT!

It would just be a standard male body with sculpted armored hands and feet with a robe over it. Definitely an excellent candidate for the PF treatment. Finding the right material and determining how to hold up the hood are the only real challenges. It's not like it's Chewbacca or anything.
    No doubt it can be done, but my concern is that the prototype would look awesome, but the production ones maybe not so much if the same care isn't paid to the fabric and weathering effect.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMac View Post

I hate to burst your bubble Dave but every single PF since Frodo has been in the $300 range....and this one won't be any different. The R&D and material costs are irrelevant, SS knows this one will be an instant sellout and will charge us accordingly.