Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Weta Gollum 1:3 Scale

It would be very difficult to resist to a 1/3 Gandalf the Grey. Hope they never make one lol

Freaked Out!

Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
    You could argue that, but many times the deals are pretty good. The Balrog at $250 this past sale is much lower than I would expect it to be priced at normally.
    Fair enough. That hurt. I don't buy many Weta stuff these days aside from their mini-helms which is another sore point. I bought the Balrog early so I guess on that piece I helped to "donate" to the savvier, more patient buyers. LoL. This is not a very good business model and can create a lot of bad feelings. I know it will be awhile before I buy any Weta piece early . . .

Super Freak
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    True, although the recent Balrog and Smaug sales were quite extreme. You can't wait for promotions on every piece as some sell out fast or in pre-order.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by egel View Post
    True, although the recent Balrog and Smaug sales were quite extreme. You can't wait for promotions on every piece as some sell out fast or in pre-order.
    Yes, but many that sell out can still be had at or lower than retail. Not many pieces like Azog on Warg that skyrocket anymore. Those sales were very good, but the sales last year were good too.

Tons of in hand pics of this piece of art has been post on Asian collector forum, look amazing just as the prototype.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmummy View Post
    Tons of in hand pics of this piece of art has been post on Asian collector forum, look amazing just as the prototype.
    I was hoping to see this included with the stocktake sale, even if it was the proto not sure I could drop their asking price down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmummy View Post
    Do you have a link? Searching for "Asian collector forum" didn't turn up anything.

@SolidLiquidFox, they do. They just released Eomer, Thranduil on Elk, Fell Beast bust, the releases are now kind of 50% Hobbit 50% lotr. This statue is the first 1/3.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Does anyone have this Gollum? Was thinking about picking it up, but haven't seen in hand pics.