Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Never wanted to grow up.
    Feedback

Default Re: Weta Gollum 1:3 Scale

I really want this....but the price is just too much to justify to me. Maybe if it was in the 1000-1200 range, but that's it for me.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    It is a shame they are so crazy with their retail prices lately, this will probably kill any hope of more 1/3 from them. I can't imagine this will sell well without hefty discounts.
    WTS/T: P1 1/3 Batman Bust, Ivy PF Plant parts, Hobbit Montage & Eagle Rescue Limited Prints, & Last Jedi Posters. Sale/Trade Links: Statues & Misc 4 Sale

looks great, but not for 1800$.

i'll stay with my sideshow gollum

I really don't see Weta selling 589 of these....maybe half tops...unless 50% off BF sales or huge big foreign money interest comes in....etc,etc
    If they move, kill em!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfo View Post
    I really don't see Weta selling 589 of these....maybe half tops...unless 50% off BF sales or huge big foreign money interest comes in....etc,etc
    I really wanted to get it too, hopefully next black Friday we will all have a chance to snag one at a reasonable price.
    WTS/T: P1 1/3 Batman Bust, Ivy PF Plant parts, Hobbit Montage & Eagle Rescue Limited Prints, & Last Jedi Posters. Sale/Trade Links: Statues & Misc 4 Sale

I won't get this at all....just sticking with Weta 1/6 statue line....and even that is gotten too rough with prices...really rough
    If they move, kill em!

Burton Trucking Co.
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
    I really wanted to get it too, hopefully next black Friday we will all have a chance to snag one at a reasonable price.
    While I appreciate Weta's black Friday sales, if they put this up I really think they have to reevaluate their business model. Smaug and the Balrog finally sold out at major discounts, great for their customers and for them ultimately...

At what point do you decide to pay full price or wait for a major discount?

This Gollum seems like to high-end a piece to be doing that (I could be wrong). I wouldn't be happy to pay the full price only to have someone pay less than half down the road. Not a great precedent for a new higher end line of collectables.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop Express View Post
    While I appreciate Weta's black Friday sales, if they put this up I really think they have to reevaluate their business model. Smaug and the Balrog finally sold out at major discounts, great for their customers and for them ultimately...

At what point do you decide to pay full price or wait for a major discount?

This Gollum seems like to high-end a piece to be doing that (I could be wrong). I wouldn't be happy to pay the full price only to have someone pay less than half down the road. Not a great precedent for a new higher end line of collectables.
    That seems to be their new business model. Get as many overpriced orders from impatient collectors as they can, and discount the rest when the orders stop coming in instead of just pricing them reasonably in the first place. I guess it ends up working better for some of us, we get some nice deals.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234