Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Ringer @ Heart MODERATOR
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    Follow The Josh On Twitter Follow The Josh on Flickr Visit The Josh's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Weta Balrog

Quote Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
    It is too bad the sword it not in the right hand, would have looked great paired with the JV artwork. Not sure about the pose either. Will need to see more pics
    It does basically match JV artwork and what you said is what I mentioned to someone while at the booth. The pose works I think as a whole.

It's so fluffy!!!
    Feedback
    21 (100%)
    I would prefer this to not have the sword. It's hard enough to sculpt flames properly, just seems like overkill with the sword. I always wanted this character, just don't think I can get past all the flames.

Ringer @ Heart MODERATOR
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    Follow The Josh On Twitter Follow The Josh on Flickr Visit The Josh's Youtube Channel
    You're missing out on fantastic piece if you do.

doing it...for all of us
    Feedback
    "The Brave do not fear the grave"

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    This is an amazing statue! A larger version of a full Balrog statue was sadly missing. And if you check the onering.net video at the 1:28 point where we get an 180 view of the statue, it really looks awesome. Can't wait for this!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    I think we need to see some more angles on this. One thing I did find surprising was how upright it was. I guess I stopped thinking of balrogs as so bipedal.
    Buying Knickerbocker Lord of the Rings toys and any Ralph Bakshi related items.
    Currently looking for Kenner Indiana Jones action figures
    Statue want list: Weta Environments: Amon Hen, Stone Trolls, Argonath, Golden Hall, Prancing Pony, Orthanc Ruined

It's a trick.Get an axe.
    Feedback
    The sculpt of the Balrog looks great, but like others I'm not a fan of sculpted fire. I know the flames are needed on the 'rog himself, and actually look really good, but I would have preferred no weapons. I don't care for the sword at all, shouldn't the flames on it be going upward more?

I know I'm probably one of the few collectors that's honestly happy with the SSW mini-rog. IMO bigger isn't always better when it comes to statues.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZGUL-KING View Post
    The sculpt of the Balrog looks great, but like others I'm not a fan of sculpted fire. I know the flames are needed on the 'rog himself, and actually look really good, but I would have preferred no weapons. I don't care for the sword at all, shouldn't the flames on it be going upward more?

I know I'm probably one of the few collectors that's honestly happy with the SSW mini-rog. IMO bigger isn't always better when it comes to statues.
    I guess he is swinging the sword so the flames are going in that direction? Also don't forget the nice Gandalf vs Balrog dio, the Balrog in that one was actually bigger than the standalone mini-rog. I can't drop the coin for the daddy-rog so that one is a nice compromise.
    WTS/T: P1 1/3 Batman Bust, Ivy PF Plant parts, Hobbit Montage & Eagle Rescue Limited Prints, & Last Jedi Posters. Sale/Trade Links: Statues & Misc 4 Sale

I don't know why they don't cast the flames in a clear resin like material like on the SS Balrog bust. That looks way better.
    I am a girl damn it! Quit calling me dude.

Quote Originally Posted by finarfin View Post
    This is an amazing statue! A larger version of a full Balrog statue was sadly missing. And if you check the onering.net video at the 1:28 point where we get an 180 view of the statue, it really looks awesome. Can't wait for this!
    Can you post the link please?Thanks.

Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast