Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100

Default Re: Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop Express View Post
    It is a great looking piece. Expensive but worth it (paint aside), my goal is to get the proto paint eventually. That's what sold me on this, that's really what I want.
    Agree - fabulous piece. It's always great IMO when you've had a piece for a while and still find it amazing. Worth every penny IMO.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    It's very well packed - there should be an included wrench as the piece itself is bolted to a pressboard base through the bottom styro. Fig has supportive rolls of foam under the wings, is well wrapped, w. fitted styro. Far as I know there wasn't a lot of breakage, the few I've seen were cracked wings. Takes a bit of time to get it unwrapped.

That said, I'd want to check, even if I couldn't unwrap completely. It's possible (w. effort) to pull the whole styro package out, lift the top, and give a bit of a check without unbolting/unwrapping completely.
    My leg was cracked and it was missing a large spiny tip (was not in the box). It also needed a good dusting with brush and water to get the gold to shine as there was a slight white powder layer on everything.
    WTS/T: P1 1/3 Batman Bust, Ivy PF Plant parts, Hobbit Montage & Eagle Rescue Limited Prints, & Last Jedi Posters. Sale/Trade Links: Statues & Misc 4 Sale

Hello guys, I am happy I just got one. It's now in promo for 549 usd along with other stuff Smaug related. So under payment plan one can get it for 6 monthly payments of 91.50 usd. I picked also Smaug's treasure coins for 19,99 usd, I think it will look super cool the statue, the bust i already have and the coins. Tkx Weta.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by achillesmf View Post
    Hello guys, I am happy I just got one. It's now in promo for 549 usd along with other stuff Smaug related. So under payment plan one can get it for 6 monthly payments of 91.50 usd. I picked also Smaug's treasure coins for 19,99 usd, I think it will look super cool the statue, the bust i already have and the coins. Tkx Weta.
    Congrats, it is a very nice piece.
    WTS/T: P1 1/3 Batman Bust, Ivy PF Plant parts, Hobbit Montage & Eagle Rescue Limited Prints, & Last Jedi Posters. Sale/Trade Links: Statues & Misc 4 Sale

Quote Originally Posted by achillesmf View Post
    Shocked at current WETA sale price this hasn't sold out.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    Shocked at current WETA sale price this hasn't sold out.
    It has been lower, and sells on eBay for pretty low as well. I barely got my money back for mine when I sold it even after preordering at the lower price AND 15% off plus factoring in weta dollars.

If the ES was a thousand or less vs 2000, this would have sold out long ago and have a higher secondary value...

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100