Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

Default New to LOTR collecting? Where to start?

Currently I collect Hot Toys Marvel and Star Wars, QMX Star Trek and Threezero Game of Thrones but i'm thinking of doing some Asmus Lord of the Rings. I had resisted it when I first started 1/6th collecting because a lot of reviews said the quality just wasn't there yet but I've noticed a huge difference in their releases the past year or two. All these slim and 2.0 versions look damn great. So my question is this...what is the best ideal version of the main cast, or the fellowhip more or less?

Specifically I want to get:
    Aragorn
    Legolas
    Gandalf(grey for sure an possibly white too)
    Gimli
    Frodo
    Arwen
    Saruman

and I heard they were making Galadriel and if that looks badass enough, I'll get her too. Any other characters would depend on my other preorders for other brands. My dream figure is a Gollum/Smťagol but if that figure existed I would already own it lol.
    https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.RvEiPjyer4bv9N6IR7xtZAEsDm&w=254&h=189&c  =7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7"A seamonster ate my ice cream!"

The Crown edition of Gandalf was just announced and is up for preorder on asmusís site, and they have a thread going for a Crown edition of Aragorn. It sounds like Crown editions will be fewer and further between, but I think itís safe to bet that there will be versions in this line that they did much earlier on, such as Gandalf and Aragorn. You can still get Arwen from Sideshow - not sure about Asmusís site. I personally am waiting on Legolas as I would be very surprised to not see him done in the Crown line since he has mixed reviews. The other ones I believe youíll be limited to getting from resellers, but I could be wrong!

I just unloaded my humongous collection of ToyBiz LOTR figures so I could do this as well. (Iím actually getting rid of all figures that arenít 1/6 scale.)

I just bought slim Frodo and slim Sam and am about to buy Arwen. Iíll do crown Gandalf the Grey and I think Iím going to hold off for a while on Aragorn in hopes that he gets a crown version.

My recommendation is go to Monkey on Fireís website. They have the absolute best prices on the lord of the rings figures. You can get all four hobbits, gimli, Aragorn, sauraman and Eomer. On Asmusí website you can also pick up Grishnak and Legolas. If I am not mistake that leaves these figures as hard ones to purchase:
    Eowyn
    Mouth of Sauron
    Gothmog
    Ringwraith
    Ringwraithís steed
    Witch King

Did I miss anyone?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Well you really need to go there and back again to do it right.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
    Long live the King
    http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=451277&d=1556025809

Super Freak

Feedback
    3 (100%)

ACI Aragorn
    Asmus Gimli
    Asmus Gandalf (with custom haired head)
    Asmus Frodo
    Asmus Samwise
    Asmus Merry
    Asmus Pippin
    Sideshow Legolas (soon to have a custom haired head)
    Sideshow Boromir (with Asmus haired head)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LOTR.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	516.2 KB 
ID:	458751

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Now I have some browsing to do.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
    https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.RvEiPjyer4bv9N6IR7xtZAEsDm&w=254&h=189&c  =7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7"A seamonster ate my ice cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by GetUpKid View Post
    I just unloaded my humongous collection of ToyBiz LOTR figures so I could do this as well. (Iím actually getting rid of all figures that arenít 1/6 scale.)

I just bought slim Frodo and slim Sam and am about to buy Arwen. Iíll do crown Gandalf the Grey and I think Iím going to hold off for a while on Aragorn in hopes that he gets a crown version.

My recommendation is go to Monkey on Fireís website. They have the absolute best prices on the lord of the rings figures. You can get all four hobbits, gimli, Aragorn, sauraman and Eomer. On Asmusí website you can also pick up Grishnak and Legolas. If I am not mistake that leaves these figures as hard ones to purchase:
    Eowyn
    Mouth of Sauron
    Gothmog
    Ringwraith
    Ringwraithís steed
    Witch King

Did I miss anyone?
    Is that site legit?

I ordered a Sam from there earlier this month and it arrived with no issues. $104 for me with shipping included and no tax. Much cheaper than anywhere else I would have bought him.